Friday 23rd December 2016
SOTD 23 DEC.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower and Proraso Red
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Tiger Superior Stainless (#3)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver tip
Soap: Tabac
AS: Old Spice lotion + Nivea Replenishing Balm

Nice close shave today, however I got one minor weeper and at the end of the shave there was noticeable irritation which faded rapidly after the Nivea balm worked it's magic. Looks like the Tiger blade is not well matched to the Fatip, that or the blades are not worth more than two shaves, but it did still feel sharp. Only got a pack of 5 blades so no great loss and they do seem to work well in a milder razor for me, but this based on just three shaves with one blade so not the most thorough of tests.

Giyana Biken Osaka
Scrupleworks
Morris & Forndran
L&L
ADP AS and Balm
Xerjoff Al Khatt EdP

31784313086_d04149a4ff_c.jpg

Friday23rd
Tabac
Zenith 506TS A Synthetic
Radio 1912 w/GEM SSC #8
Big Boar's No4 Bay Rum
R7v6TJX.jpg

Had to blow my trumpet regarding Big Boar's Bay Rum. After a super smooth result from the 1912 and Tabac. I dispensed with my usual Alum and applied the Bay Rum to a dried face.
A lovely warming face feel, no trace of stinging. The Bay scent is awesome and there are more complex after scents. Felt really soft and moisturised so dispensed with my usual Balm.
I'm not familiar with any top end Bay Rums but this one is awesome.

See you all on Xmas day.

15534980_943747029095870_4847962756474732544_n.jpg

Brush: Semogue Owners Club (Ash)
Razor: Rockwell 6S (2) w/ Wilkinson Sword (2)
Soap: Stirling Soaps Ozark Mountain
A/S: Superdrug Forest Fresh

Same shave as yesterday, couldn't change a winning combination. Think I might try Peppermint tomorrow for a candy canes vibe or maybe same again. Really loving this soap, effortless lather and a fantastic scent.

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – iKon B1 Deluxe
Blade – Permasharp
Brush - 'El Monstruo' (Romera Manchurian 30/50 Fan)
Soap – Local Gent – Fields & Streams
Post - Witch Hazel, Trevarno Revitalising Face Oil

Another outstanding performance from 'El Monstruo', this time with Local Gent – Fields & Streams.. the Permasharp is, I feel, a little too much with the iKon, but everything went smoothly.. BBS, and ready for my final shift before Xmas...

Last edited:
Friday AM 2016-12-23

SlVmCz5.jpg

Helen Chen suribachi, with electric mug warmer
Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (21mm/53mm)
Eufros Premium Brisa de Oriente shaving soap sample
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Brass Helix Round Bar
Super-Max Super Platinum Tiger (3)
Penhaligon's Endymion aftershave (vintage)

The soap required more work to lather than the other Jabonman samples I've been trying, and its fragrance wasn't as prominent.
I4xqc5s.jpg

SOTD - Friday afternoon
Pre: Hot towels & Village Barber oil
Soap: Eufros "Kasbah" (tallow)
Brush: Paladin Falstaff, 28mm 2-band Select
Razor 1: J.A. Henckels "415" (Father's razor)
Razor 2: Wolfman WR1-OC w/WRH2 handle
Blade: Personna (4)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel followed by homemade @BigBoar Bay Rum and Village Barber balm
What a fantabulous afternoon shave! I took the day off work to get the house work done before Christmas.
I used my dad's straight razor for the first two passes and finished with the Wolfman ATG. This soap is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom