35298767461_df8ef10927_z.jpg

SOTD

Palmolive Classic shave stick
Simpson CH2 Synthetic
Gillette Tech
Wilkinson Sword blade (made in England)
Humphreys witch hazel

IMG_20170620_134037~2_20170620175510253_20170620175553788.jpg
Had a great Shave today but the post shave wasn't good at all. Blood everywhere :eek:. I was using my newly delivered merkur 37c for the first time so I'm going to put it down to inexperience with the razor. Probably didn't help that I used a feather as this has happened in the past but other than that it was good. I'll have another go tomorrow with my Astras

Tuesday 20th June 2017
SOTD 20th June.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R4)
Blade: Super-Max Platinum (#1)
Brush: Mason Pearson Super Badger
Cream: Taylors of Old Bond Street - Jermyn Street
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm

A not so great shave today, the brush whipped up a nice lather from the cream, it seemed to take longer than other TOBs creams I have though to get there. The Rockwell 6C was as smooth as expected but it must be the Super-Max blade that is lacking. There was a bit of tugging on the first pass and after 3 passes (WTG, XTG and ATG) I was left with a bit of patchy finish, totally smooth mostly but with patches where I could see some stubble left. There was also some minor irritation under my chin. Maybe it was just me but having had great shaves from this razor before I want to blame the blade, but as the saying goes, bad workmen always blame their tools. With that in mind I will see how it goes in the morning.

Tuesday 20th June 2017
View attachment 26188
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R4)
Blade: Super-Max Platinum (#1)
Brush: Mason Pearson Super Badger
Cream: Taylors of Old Bond Street - Jermyn Street
AS: Nivea Soothing Balm

A not so great shave today, the brush whipped up a nice lather from the cream, it seemed to take longer than other TOBs creams I have though to get there. The Rockwell 6C was as smooth as expected but it must be the Super-Max blade that is lacking. There was a bit of tugging on the first pass and after 3 passes (WTG, XTG and ATG) I was left with a bit of patchy finish, totally smooth mostly but with patches where I could see some stubble left. There was also some minor irritation under my chin. Maybe it was just me but having had great shaves from this razor before I want to blame the blade, but as the saying goes, bad workmen always blame their tools. With that in mind I will see how it goes in the morning.

Bin the blade! No use suffering from a bad'un

Greetings All...

It's been a while. Life gets in the way of shaving reportage sometimes. Anyhoo...

Cream - TOBS Cedarwood
Brush - RazoRock Disrupter
Bowl - Omega
Razor - Recently acquired 1956 Gillette Red Tip SS
Blade - Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Thayer's and Fine Platinum a/s
Smell - Brief spray of Eau Sauvage EdP

The Red Tip has the reputation of being the 'aggressive' one of the Superspeeds. I always struggle with terms like 'mild' or 'aggressive' as descriptors. I find the so-called 'aggressive' ones incredibly efficient if used carefully; and the Red Tip is no exception. It is a smashing razor and gave a very smooth finish. It has a lovely grip and its weight isn't that much less than the Merkur 34C, imo. The balance is great too.

TOBS Cedarwood has a smashing scent and, for me, has more slickness than the Sandalwood cream.

So, all in all, a great shave. The Red Tip is a great razor and a contender for my favourite closed comb.

Hope all's well with you guys. Milan next week. Hope to find some soaps and stuff. Will do an SOTD or two.
20170620_193419.jpg

Greetings All...

It's been a while. Life gets in the way of shaving reportage sometimes. Anyhoo...

Cream - TOBS Cedarwood
Bowl - Omega

The Red Tip has the reputation of being the 'aggressive' one of the Superspeeds. I always struggle with terms like 'mild' or 'aggressive' as descriptors. I find the so-called 'aggressive' ones incredibly efficient if used carefully; and the Red Tip is no exception. It is a smashing razor and gave a very smooth finish. It has a lovely grip and its weight isn't that much less than the Merkur 34C, imo. The balance is great too.

TOBS Cedarwood has a smashing scent and, for me, has more slickness than the Sandalwood cream.

So, all in all, a great shave. The Red Tip is a great razor and a contender for my favourite closed comb.

Hope all's well with you guys. Milan next week. Hope to find some soaps and stuff. Will do an SOTD or two.
View attachment 26189

Glad to see you back mate :)

Greetings All...

Cream - TOBS Cedarwood
Bowl - Omega

View attachment 26189
Have a great time in Milan, you've just come back and now you're off again! :)

Have a great time in Milan, you've just come back and now you're off again! :)
Ah...but I'll drop you all an SOTD. Just deciding on my razor for the trip. I don't know whether the Wilkinson Sword Classic with a 7 o' Clock or two. Or a Tech. But then, a Fat Handle? Or the 1968 aluminium? Or even the Travel Tech?

Decisions, decisions...:)

Sad to say I didn't have a great shave with the SE1 and the Proline tonight.
The SE1 is on the mild side and I need to do a bit of buffing to get a finish I'm happy with. I think it works best with a Kai Pro Guard where you can buff without causing any irritation.
I did have some redness on the top lip and sore patches on the neck.
I finished with Thayers witch hazel and Fine Italian Citrus. I got a fair bit of sting too.

I'll be using the King Cobra next....with the Proline.

Ta-ra-a-bit

19227460_1841299956187708_1986367918509654016_n.jpg

Brush: Omega 20102
Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Muhle
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Solaris
Post: Boots Tea Tree WH, Nivea 2 Phase & Alcolado Glacial

Late in posting todays shave, had a busy day enjoying the sun as my nose and forehead can testify... Not the best shave today, changed it up a bit and it didn't work for me. Didn't bloom the soap or soak my brush like normal, also had a cold shower and ended up with a shite shave and a few nicks! Normal routine tomorrow. The alcolado was a god send however!!

Back
Top Bottom