S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th June to Friday 23rd June 2017

Williams Wednesday
Got home from night shift and had a shower and loaded the big Comet brush with Williams Mug and face lathered to make loads of lather. The chick in the E3 Canadian Schick made short work of the previous days whiskers. Rubbed on some Nivea Cool Kick ASB and went to bed.
Have a great evening gentlemen.
8f7f43885fb3e5d1cdeeb772e186ddbf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

SOTD:22nd June 2017.
D2.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Nivea Men~Originals Cream.

Blade: Bic~Chrome Platinum. (1)

Razor: Parker 92R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/ Nivea Men~2 Phase A/S.

Nivea Men~ Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

A flawless 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...

My 92R/Bic C.P. paired up wonderfully, i'll be adding the Bic C.P. blades into my blade rotation more regular in the future.

Credit goes to nivea men shaving products, a great example that you can get a excellent shave at a very reasonable price...

The Nivea Men~ 2 phase A/S has the same cooling soothing effect to the skin as Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Aftershave splash gives you..both are wonderful for the recent hot humid weather we've been getting in the UK lately.

My shave today has been the shave of the week... Absolutely Superb.

My face is super smooth & smelling devine.

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

image.jpg SOTD Thursday 22nd June

Prep....Shower, Olive oil soap
Razor....Hone type 15
Blade....Polsilver Stainless (Lodz Poland)
Soap....M-T Strong N Scottish
Brush....Semouge 2000
Post....BBA post shave balm
Scent....Molecule 01

A smooth and efficient shave from the Hone and Polsilver leaving me clean shaven and smooth to the touch.
The scent from this soap you will love or hate....I love it!
Finnishing off with a liberal spray of Molecule 01....smelling good!

Have a nice day people......:)

Thur 22nd June
Omega 11126 boar
OSP Bay Rum
PAL Injecto-Matic
Schick Proline Type B [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Bay Rum A/S Splash

My first use of an AC type blade in a Vintage Injector, no trimming required and easily loaded from a host dispenser. I chose to use one of my favourite Injectors as I know I get good shaves with the Injecto-Matic. The Shave was very smooth and close all round even under the jawline.

Nice to know that besides using this blade in The Single Edge, it can be used in Vintage Injectors too.

IMG_1350.jpg

Baxters of California Face Wash, bloom water.
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Soap.
Semogue 620.
Fatip Piccolo.
Permasharp (3).
Thayers Witch Hazel (Cucumber).
Alcolado Glacial splash.

Third use of the Fatip and a nice, comfortable shave, aided by the excellent OSP, on a 2 day growth. I'm not sure whether it's because I have been over cautious with the Fatip, but I can't say I find it any more efficient than the Progress on, say, 3. Have you guys any suggestions for a blade that works particularly well in the Piccolo? Thats not to say that the shave has been disappointing at all. Irritation and weeper free, and very smooth. First use of the Alcolado Glacial splash - nice menthol hit!
I've found an Astra SP or a Gillette 7 o' Clock works really well. I have a load of Personna Israeli Reds which, given I have to work quite hard getting a smooth finish in a Merkur 34c or a Tech variant, I'm going to use with the Piccolo. A shyer blade works well in an assertive razor, allegedly. I'll SOTD in the future and pass on my findings...

I've found an Astra SP or a Gillette 7 o' Clock works really well. I have a load of Personna Israeli Reds which, given I have to work quite hard getting a smooth finish in a Merkur 34c or a Tech variant, I'm going to use with the Piccolo. A shyer blade works well in an assertive razor, allegedly. I'll SOTD in the future and pass on my findings...
Thanks Scotshave. Actually, 14 hours after the shave, I'm remarkably smooth. So I think I may have done the Fatip and Permasharp combo a disservice. Like you though, I will continue to experiment.

Back
Top Bottom