S.O.T.D. Saturday 17th June to Friday 23rd June 2017

SOTD 20170618

wxYWGGx.jpg

Brush: Cadman with finest knot (24 mm - loft 50 mm).
Shaving soap: Jabones by Luna "Geranio romero y clavo".
Razor: Merkur 41C.
Blade: 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (7).
After shave: Proraso.

Beautiful shaving soap ... ;)

CRSW Fougere Moderne
Envy Shave '8 Ball'
Timeless .68 OC dimpled handle
Rapira SS #2
CRSW ASB

Just a wonderful shave, the brush effortlessly whipping up copious amounts of lather which is superb, the razor removed two days growth with two passes effortlessly and finished off with a lovely scented balm. Now sitting on the patio in partial morning shade having my breakfast [emoji41]

Sunday
Real Shaving Facial Scrub
Somersets shaving oil (Pre shave)
Monsavon Soap
Semogue 1250 Brush
Cobra Classic with Feather Superpro (#6)
Witch hazel
Argan Oil
Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Fathers Day...and my sons remembered me:). I am not working....glorious weather and even better views of the
Brecon Beacons. What more could one ask for!!!!!. A perfect shave with 2 passes and a touch up. Really chilled!

Full on English shave on fathers day

SOTD_20170618-1024x1024.png

• Pre-Shave: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood - Oil
  • Safety Razor: Edwin Jagger - R35611SR - Ebony / Nickle plated
  • Blade: Wilkinson Sword
  • Shaving Brush: Simpsons - Chubby 2 (Best Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger - ND46
  • Shaving Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood
  • After-Shave: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood - Gel
  • Fragrance: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood - Luxury Cologne

Full on English shave on fathers day

SOTD_20170618-1024x1024.png

• Pre-Shave: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood - Oil
  • Safety Razor: Edwin Jagger - R35611SR - Ebony / Nickle plated
  • Blade: Wilkinson Sword
  • Shaving Brush: Simpsons - Chubby 2 (Best Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger - ND46
  • Shaving Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood
  • After-Shave: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood - Gel
  • Fragrance: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood - Luxury Cologne
Very nice indeed..;)

Vegetal Soap - Lilly Of The Valley
Floid - Aceite De Afeitar
Palmolive - Men Shaving Soap Stick
Frank Shaving - 24mm Two Band Finest Badger
Face Lathering
Unknown Solingen 4/8 Straight Razor - Sharpened By Ralf Aust
rasurpur - 2,95 Inch Wide Paddle Strop With Exchangeable Leathers
WTG, XTG and ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Brummel - Aftershave Lotion

Close and smooth shave accompanied by beautiful vintage French chansons.

Last edited:
Sotd - sabado 17/6. Buenos tardes amigos -

Razor - Parker Variant (2.5)
Blade - Lodz Polsilver (2)
Brush - Vie Long white horse
Soap - Agua de Colonia barberia cream
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Floid Vigoroso LE
Balm - Agua de Colonia barberia moisturiser.

Result - me gusta. Todo bien. An excellent Spanish shave. It's warm today - I wanted a lighter, refreshing shave but didn't fancy the obvious menthol route. The Alvarez y Gomez is one of the best soaps I own. I couldn't recommend it too highly if you haven't tried it. The scent is beautifully complex. Opens citrusy - quite a lot of rose - finishes woody and musky. The consistency seems to vary between tubs but this has never affected the performance for me. It's good value for money for a cream of this quality - even more so if you buy it in Spain. Thinking about it - I should really pick up a Seygus razor. Just for the sake of authenticity you understand. Like I need another razor. Hasta luego. I.
Que bueno, amigo. Now you're talking. Alvarez y Gomez is one of the best creams out there. Like the Vie Long brushes, also.

Vegetal Soap - Lilly Of The Valley
Floid - Aceite De Afeitar
Palmolive - Men Shaving Soap Stick
Frank Shaving - 24mm Two Band Finest Badger
Face Lathering
Unknown Solingen 4/8 Straight Razor - Sharpened By Ralf Aust
rasurpur - 2,95 Inch Wide Paddle Strop With Exchangeable Leathers
WTG, XTG and ATG
Allume Di Rocca Naturale
Brummel - Aftershave Lotion

Close and smooth shave accompanied by beautiful vintage French chansons.
Love the video/music links you add!

18/6/17

Pre Shave - RSC Facial Wash
Razor - Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade - Big Ben
Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Tabac
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

First time using Tabac. Great performance when it comes to making a lather but I'm not too keen on the smell. So far I see Tabac as somewhere between Arko crossed with the shoe section of an old fashioned department store.

Morning gentlemen,
This was actually last nights shave, but we had been invited out to a wedder roast at friends, and I simply ran out of time to post.
I had nearly three days growth so decided on the fatip grande loaded with a timor blade.
First time using one of these blades. Very easily whipped up a fantastic slick lather with the Sterling soap.
The immediate thought was wow, this is really close, then the blood literally started to run from several real cuts! Thought I must of been taking liberties so really eased up, lathered up again, more really bad bleeds.
Decided was obviously doing something very wrong and gave up as there was definitely no stubble left!.
Eventually stemmed blood flow from six cuts on face and neck.
When I came to take the razor apart I noticed the blade was totally on a skew, one side little bit of blade, other end a couple of mil of blade showing. Tried in vain to get it to centralise, but impossible?.
Interesting times.
Fatip grand
Timor blade #1
Sterling lime soap
Omega boar brushIMAG0761_1.jpg
Atkinson our save the king.

My first shave of the day post!

Warm shower, Baxters of California face wash, bloom water.
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Soap.
Semogue 610
Merkur Progress (2.5)
Permasharp (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera (Unscented)
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Aftershave.

Felt compelled to post my first shave of the day as its the closest so far I have come to a perfect shave. I have really enjoyed my DE shaving experience and as my technique has improved, with both lathering and shaving itself, I have had some lovely shaves. But this morning, I couldn't find fault and I'm BBS.
The soap is fantastic and I face lathered for 3 smooth and very comfortable passes plus pick ups on my normal troublesome area. Not a hint of irritation. Nice tingle from the menthol in the aftershave.
I feel great! And a big thank you to all you guys for the help and advice along the way. Have a great Sunday!

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Weber ARC
Blade – Astra S/P
Brush - The 'Americana' (Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band)
Soap – Tallow+Steel: Morocco
Post - Cold water rinse / Tallow + Steel: Dark Aftershave

'The King is Dead.... Long live the King!! The 'New' Tallow+Steel soap is impeccable.. even though the lather was a little wetter than I usually have it, the protection was second to none, and as for being slick, well, I had to double grip my razor a couple of times, and almost had the brush slip out of my hand once or twice... Post shave leaves a wonderfully soft face feel, and the only reason I used the aftershave splash, is because I could... Now, if you've ever been to Africa, North or South, you will be familiar with the smell of smoke in the air, and the scent of Morocco is everything you could wish for, to evoke those memories.. Totally sublime in all departments.

Last edited:
My first shave of the day post!

Warm shower, Baxters of California face wash, bloom water.
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Soap.
Semogue 610
Merkur Progress (2.5)
Permasharp (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera (Unscented)
OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Aftershave.

Felt compelled to post my first shave of the day as its the closest so far I have come to a perfect shave. I have really enjoyed my DE shaving experience and as my technique has improved, with both lathering and shaving itself, I have had some lovely shaves. But this morning, I couldn't find fault and I'm BBS.
The soap is fantastic and I face lathered for 3 smooth and very comfortable passes plus pick ups on my normal troublesome area. Not a hint of irritation. Nice tingle from the menthol in the aftershave.
I feel great! And a big thank you to all you guys for the help and advice along the way. Have a great Sunday!
Congratulations on your first SOTD post, may there be many more. :)

Back
Top Bottom