Heno de Pravia glycerine soap - pre-wash
Zenith 507TS
OSP - Eucalyptus, Tea Tree & Menthol
General w/Feather Pro Super #1
Alum
Alcolado Glacial/Duru Lemon (Blend)
Lacura Body Moisturiser
MCU4usa.jpg

Splendid today. Refreshing and close. Kudos to OSP & the General.
A sublime shave set up.:cool:

Relaxed Saturday shave...

Soap - Proraso Sandalwood/Red
Brush - Omega 10800 boar
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 ' Streamline'
Blade - Gem Personna
Post - Thayer's and Proraso Red a/s

A beauty of a shave today. I use the 'Streamline' on occasions when I really want to take my time. It pays dividends with its weight and balance. Like the Fatips, you don't want to rush with this one; even though it's a closed comb.

Lovely protection from the Proraso too and the post-shave feel from the splash rounds it off nicely.

Be well folks.
20170318_154127.jpg

24gputl.jpg

Brush: Omega 10098
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD w/ Personna Super 'Med Prep' (3)
Soap: Dapper Dragon Cinnamon Bun

One of my favourite shaves, what a great soap, lathered with no effort at all.The past few days have made me appreciate how good tallow based soaps are. The blade on it's final use was superb in the Rocket, no irritation.

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Merkur 34C HD
Blade – Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - 'Papa Chub' (Chubby 3 Manchurian)
Soap – Mike's Natural
Post - Cold water rinse, Tallow + Steel – Dark Aftershave

Wonderful shave! The Polsilver Super Iridium really does bring the Merkur 34C HD to life, whilst 'Papa Chub' and Mike's provided the foundations for a faultless shave.

Quick touch up this evening ""ooh er"!
After last nights hurried affair I thought a quick smooth over would give me the excuse to try calinis tonka bean sample .
No prep,
Fatip grande,
Astra sp 2nd,
Calini Tonka bean soap,
Thayers rose petal,
Tabac lotion to finish.
Over confident with the fatip (again), several weepers, must slow down with this razor.
Still, nice smooth shave, if a little on the stingy side.
The thing that really did stand out though is how matched the tonka bean soap and tabac are fantastic together, totally bringing out the narcissistic in me, found my self deliberately trying to catch the breeze while I was shutting away the hens so as to get a whiff of myself.
Sorry, no pics again today.

Quick touch up this evening ""ooh er"!
After last nights hurried affair I thought a quick smooth over would give me the excuse to try calinis tonka bean sample .
No prep,
Fatip grande,
Astra sp 2nd,
Calini Tonka bean soap,
Thayers rose petal,
Tabac lotion to finish.
Over confident with the fatip (again), several weepers, must slow down with this razor.
Still, nice smooth shave, if a little on the stingy side.
The thing that really did stand out though is how matched the tonka bean soap and tabac are fantastic together, totally bringing out the narcissistic in me, found my self deliberately trying to catch the breeze while I was shutting away the hens so as to get a whiff of myself.
Sorry, no pics again today.
Mmm I smell soo good! :)

Greetings

Saturday 18th March 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM OCMM
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon
Brush: Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Lea Stick
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDT: Bentley Intense Men

This is my first use of this newly acquired Plisson brush and I am absolutely smitten by it, I find that for me it is the perfect knot and certainly the best of all the synthetics I have tried to date, it flexes easily but could never be described as floppy, the knot is a little bigger than the L'Occitane version and seems a little less dense so it lathers better and holds more lather. The price is sadly "Plisson Silly" but I've accepted that.

Many thanks to James (Lucido) for telling me all about this brush, I had been hovering for some time, he pushed me over the edge!:D

Regards
Dick.

View attachment 24198

Ha! Glad you like it. It's a great little brush :)

Back
Top Bottom