Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Relaxed Saturday shave...

Soap - Proraso Sandalwood/Red
Brush - Omega 10800 boar
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 ' Streamline'
Blade - Gem Personna
Post - Thayer's and Proraso Red a/s

A beauty of a shave today. I use the 'Streamline' on occasions when I really want to take my time. It pays dividends with its weight and balance. Like the Fatips, you don't want to rush with this one; even though it's a closed comb.

Lovely protection from the Proraso too and the post-shave feel from the splash rounds it off nicely.

Be well folks.
View attachment 24208
+1 on the Streamline. Agree totally with your comments. Feels like a real luxury shaver when I use mine.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Pre: Gillette Series Irritation Defence Pre Shave Wash
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #16
Blade: NOS Schick Super Stainless (Canada made) (2)
Soap: TTFFC Spring Fern
Brush: Muhle XL 25mm Synthetic

81eb3f991e96391b138ed7ae96d06d60.jpg

Unfortunately this NOS Schick blade started to get tuggy on it's second outing so it's now been binned. This is my first tin of Through The Fire Fine Craft soap. A lovely fresh fougere scent and on balance very good performance for a vege soap. Whilst not quite matching the best tallow offerings, it lathers easily, has good slickness and protection and post shave is very good.

Last edited:
Sat 18th March

Omega 11137 boar
Blus soap
PAL S/S Adj. [ no 3]
Schick "Chick" [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Tabac A/S lotion

For me an early start today, as had to be on the road by 7:30am, so a dependable shave needed. I chose the PAL adjustable which as usual was smooth and comfortable. A long day officiating, but wisely decided just to spectate
today, so a later departure.

IMG_1199.jpg

SOTD: 19th March 2017.
B.SB 2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Dove-Cool Fresh body & face wash / warm wet flannel to my face

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Palmolive 'Classic'Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette 7'oclock Sharpedge. (1)

Razor: Pearl SBF-11.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil & Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut Splash-On Lotion.

Morrisons Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Greetings,
Another early shave for me, not because i had another early start,no because my body clock awakes me and i can't get back to sleep...i actually like getting up early anyway, just to see the morning in.. Today was the first time use of the Palmolive shave stick, applying it directly to my stubble... I normally use my grated down shave sticks, but my recently discovered passion for face lathering, i thought i would give it a try... Isn't in amazing that a 49p shaving stick can give you such wonderful shave..no the wonder it's called 'Classic'..that's exactly what it is..the performance is just second to non for it's price performance & slickness, imho it's can't be beaten.
A very efficient 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.I've carried on with the brut theme and finished the shave off with a generous helping of Splash On-Lotion.My face feels super smooth & i'm stinking to high heaven,but loving it!..Enjoy your sunday,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
image.jpg SOTD Sunday 19th March

Old Spice Sunday....Smell like a man!

Razor..Gibbs adjustable 1954 set on 5.
Blade..Gibbs NOS #2
Soap..Old Spice....shulton
Brush..Semouge 2000
Post..Thayers lavender
A/S..Old Spice...Shulton

A wonderfully close but smooth shave from the Gibbs, the Old Spice soap affording the same protection it did 50 years ago, old but still going strong, finnishing with a splash of Old Spice aftershave.
Perfect, just perfect.....:)

Have a great Sunday.......

Back
Top Bottom