S.O.T.D. Saturday 18th March to Friday 24th March 2017

Morning gents,

A thoroughly disappointing shave last night. It all started off great, Brad Sears Original Gonzo 24mm Silvertip whipping up a lovely lather with the Fitjar Fjellheim shaving soap. This soap is a first for me and when I smelt it from the container, I really didn't think I'd enjoy it. Upon lathering though it actually started to grow on me. A really fresh scent, I'll hold on to it for now, just because it's different and it did whip up a nice lather.

The shave itself though was pants and the blade was to blame in this instance for sure. A Kai Captain Titan Mild (with the blue edge) used ¾ maybe 5 times to date. I used the General on a Titanium handle. The handle is lovely, feel great in the hand. I'm yet to get a really good shave out of the General, but this was definitely the fault of the blade. Only 2 days growth and it was tugging on the first pass, left a horribly patchy finish. I thought it might be the General, given I haven't had that great shave from it yet, so I swapped the blade into the King Cobra for the second pass. Nope, definitely the blade, the second pass was a little better because I'd somehow hacked through the worst of the beard on the first pass, but still not enjoyable. The Mrs was in the bathroom at the same time as me, unusually and I felt the need to comment to her on how crap the shave was! She just laughed :D. I somehow finished with a relatively respectable end result, not good by any means, but just passable. How I didn't end up with loads of irritation and very red, I have no idea. Anyway the blade went in the bin and I look forward to another shave tomorrow probably to try and recover this crap one!

img_20170319_162525-01-jpeg.9574
A shame about the shave but a great picture non the less :)

image.jpg SOTD 21st March

Spring is in the air this morning, sun is out and the sky is blue. :)

Razor..Gillette Fatboy 1960
Blade...Polsilver Stainless (Lodz) #1
Soap...OSP Fougere
Brush...Shavemac two band D01
Post...Thayers lavender
EDT...Acqua Classica. Borsari.

A lovely day and a lovley shave, the Fougere scent was like a walk in the woods and the Fatboy was superb.

Have a great day people .......:)

View attachment 24249 SOTD 21st March

Spring is in the air this morning, sun is out and the sky is blue. :)

Razor..Gillette Fatboy 1960
Blade...Polsilver Stainless (Lodz) #1
Soap...OSP Fougere
Brush...Shavemac two band D01
Post...Thayers lavender
EDT...Acqua Classica. Borsari.

A lovely day and a lovley shave, the Fougere scent was like a walk in the woods and the Fatboy was superb.

Have a great day people .......:)

Fantastic! [emoji1]

20 03 17.jpg Razor: Ever-Ready SE original instructions
Blade: GEM Personna (2)
Brush: Shavemac ATG LE The Nisky Silvertip Fan
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Aftershave: RazoRock XXX

This brush handle is beautifully constructed to be ergonomically perfect. It fits the my hand and the accompanying Shavemac Silvertip Fan completes the deal. The soap doesn't have a chance. The brush produces a thick creamy lather just the way I like it. I don't know if it would be possible to make a better brush. One satisfied customer!

Tues21st Mar
Omega11137 boar
LeaClassic Soap
Schick N3
Schick Twin ( 8- Japan )
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Leas Classic A/S lotion

Missed shaving yesterday due to sore /raw throat forced to go to bed.Slightly better today so Shaved. Now I know why I Shave daily, the Twin on 8 struggled but eventually without mishap got a good enough shave. Looking forward to a nice Shower prior to visit to Osteopath.

IMG_1202.jpg

View attachment 24250 Razor: Ever-Ready SE original instructions
Blade: GEM Personna (2)
Brush: Shavemac ATG LE The Nisky Silvertip Fan
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Aftershave: RazoRock XXX

This brush handle is beautifully constructed to be ergonomically perfect. It fits the my hand and the accompanying Shavemac Silvertip Fan completes the deal. The soap doesn't have a chance. The brush produces a thick creamy lather just the way I like it. I don't know if it would be possible to make a better brush. One satisfied customer!
A lovely brush, it is great when you have found "the one" that fits the bill. :)

Tues21st Mar
Omega11137 boar
LeaClassic Soap
Schick N3
Schick Twin ( 8- Japan )
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Leas Classic A/S lotion

Missed shaving yesterday due to sore /raw throat forced to go to bed.Slightly better today so Shaved. Now I know why I Shave daily, the Twin on 8 struggled but eventually without mishap got a good enough shave. Looking forward to a nice Shower prior to visit to Osteopath.

View attachment 24251
Pleased you are feeling slightly better, good luck with the osteopath.

Back
Top Bottom