Hot flannel
Sir Irisch moos cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Harvard 4 best badger brush
Gillette Old type OC
Polsilver super iridium (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Sir Irisch moos aftershave balsam

Clean, comfortable shave. This Old type razor came in a scruffy state. I had to repair the handle, the ball end was loose and the threaded end spun when tightening it to the head. I glued these with a small smear of Araldite epoxy inside each end of the tube before re inserting the ball end and threaded end. This is easy to do and forms a strong bond. Cillit bang and an old toothbrush cleaned the grime off. I followed by polishing with Brasso and a micro fibre cloth to buff to a shine. The razor came in a pocket case with blade holder 2 new blades with 3 holes in. The blades have a date code on them 2239 which if I have it right makes the blades date to July 1925 and possibly the age of the razor. All interesting history.

Brian

Evening, everybody.

Friday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Super Max SMX 3
Blade: Super Max SMX 3 Cartridge (7)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Arko stick
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Neroli's Port, Perfume Parlour's version of Neroli Portofino

An excellent last shave.

Prep: Cold Water Splash
Razor: FaTip Weber Bulldog
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Neep 26mm (48mm Loft) Stone Extra Silvertip #1283
Soap: TOBS Jermyn Street
Aftershave: Speick Splash

A very nice, 2 pass, cold water, face lather shave.

782sirbrian said:
Friday 24th May

sotd24513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Sir Irisch moos cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Harvard 4 best badger brush
Gillette Old type OC
Polsilver super iridium (1)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Sir Irisch moos aftershave balsam

Clean, comfortable shave. This Old type razor came in a scruffy state. I had to repair the handle, the ball end was loose and the threaded end spun when tightening it to the head. I glued these with a small smear of Araldite epoxy inside each end of the tube before re inserting the ball end and threaded end. This is easy to do and forms a strong bond. Cillit bang and an old toothbrush cleaned the grime off. I followed by polishing with Brasso and a micro fibre cloth to buff to a shine. The razor came in a pocket case with blade holder 2 new blades with 3 holes in. The blades have a date code on them 2239 which if I have it right makes the blades date to July 1925 and possibly the age of the razor. All interesting history.

Brian

Quite possibly the best looking razor ever. And a wonderful description, Brian.

Back
Top Bottom