Greetings

Friday 24th May 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Injector E3
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 620 Boar
Soap: Wilkinson Sword Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A good close but harsh shave. I find this E model Schick to give a harsher shave than all the later models but certainly not a better or a closer one, as a consequence I tend to use it very little. At least no weepers which is sometimes the case with this razor.

It can now return to the back of my razor drawer for another three months!

It is a shame in many ways that these are the most common models that appear for sale and as such are many first time injector users introduction to injectors and as a result many may be rather put off or disappointed with this style of shaver. This of course is just my personal view, others opinions may differ.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04341.JPG

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: ERN 13/16"  "Crown & Sword", extra hollow
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in two-band best
Soap: Monsavon

Good soap and the all-around king of my Simpsons :).

Ingram
Vulfix Bodger
#11H New, Supermax SS
Barbershop Bay Rum
RSC balm

Had to work harder than normal to get my preferred BBS this morning. Tend to find that with the 2nd shave with these blades. Resulted in a little irritation on my neck which has mostly gone now. Perhaps I should only use these blades for 1 shave.

thurs evening

bbr with astra sp
simpson brush
palmolive stick face lathered
nivia sensitive asb
Pen's 1870 EdT

nice clean and smooth shave

Friday morning

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
New forest 1901 brush
Ingrams cream
Merkur progress set at 3
Personna red(1)
Nivea balm
Blue stratos after shave

A really good shave today haven't used the Personna blades for a few weeks and returning to them and using for the first in the progress confirms my initial thoughts that they are really good blades for me

Away for the weekend and brought some cheapo Wilkie disposables to to try out, hope the weather gets better as it is raining cats and dogs in Norwich at the moment, camping in Chipping Norton over the bank holiday!

Simon

Thursday evening

Razor : Feather Popular
Blade : Feather
Soap : Cella
Brush : Omega No 37
Balm : Clinique

Not a great shave last night. I always seem to struggle with the 2nd shave of a Feather blade. The Omega No.37 is also trying my patience. As much as I love my other 2 Omegas this one just isn't very good.

Frustrating shave last night and for the first time since Iused a Derby I actually had a little bit of irritation on my neck.

Morning all,

Hot shower prep
Proraso Green Pre
Ingrams cream
R1 Gillette Super Adjustable (Set on 3)
Personna Lab Blue(3)
Vulfix 404
Cold rinse
Proraso Green Post
Floris Elite Edt.

Menthol overload this morning, lovely 3 pass as usual with this setup.

Have a nice bank holiday weekend.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
1958 Executive/Feather
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Neutrogena oil free moisture
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (old bottle)

Perfect shave with a favorite razor/blade combo and soap. No feeling of the blade on my face........none at all. Shaving by sound.

BBS results,

Martin

Prep: Nivea Sensitive Face Wash, Cold Water
Soap: MWF
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Personna Med Prep (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber WH, Clinique Post-Shave Healer, Clinique M Lotion
EdT: DR Harris Windsor

My last two shaves were at 36 hour intervals due to circumstances, resulting in a very smooth shave. Much smoother in fact than shaving every 24 hrs.

Prep: Warm water splash and T&H Pre shave oil
Razor: EJ89L with single shim
Blade:Rapira (3)
Brush: Vulfix Bodger 404
Soap: TOBs Sandlewood soap
A/S: Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Cologne/Edt: Murray & Lanman Florida Water Cologne

After trying several times early on with the EJ, and failing miserably, I gave up and sold it. Ended up with another somehow, and used it to convert other people.

Well, after reading posts by Griffo and Gairdner I decided to take their advice and revisited the EJ this morning. Nice comfortable close shave, the shim certainly helps.

I can see the attraction, I felt I needed to concentrate more on angle than I do with the Merkur, but I may just persevere!

Thank you very much Trainman for yet again furnishing me with some great software..... Kind to a fault!

*Erasmic shave cream
*Merkur43 C
*Isana boar brush

warm water/glycerin soap face wash
Superthin (2)
barbershop bayrum
aloe vera moisturiser

starting to itch to use new equipment - my quest to keep using the same gear for a month is wearing thin BUT i'm still getting solid shaves out of it so im sticking with it. cant praise the erasmic cream enough - it builds a great lather and provides plenty of slip. wonderful stuff - certainly something everyone should try and should be compulsory for your first month's DE.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave (sensitive)
Soap: Tabac Stick (soap of the week)
Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: Fatip Piccolo (wee beastie)
Blade: Iridium Super (1)
After: Barbershop Bay Rum, Tabac ASB

Tabac Week Day 5

Final day of my Tabac experience. My skin is noticeably better than a week ago and feels really well conditioned. Something in this soap must agree with me.

Although, I am looking forward to a change of soap, especially as I've acquired a tub of Trumper's Eucris soap to try tomorrow.

Fatip brought into play in place of the Progress and boy does this razor need to be used carefully! Ended up with almost BBS. I have trouble getting the Fatip round my chin and end up with several short rasps so don't always get all the whiskers. I still think the Progress is easier to use and gets just as close without all the dangers of this wee beastie.

Friday 05-24-13. MUSIC: Big Mama Thornton - With the Muddy Waters Blues Band (1966).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DKp9NmUHRw[/video]

e40a880a-681b-426a-8a27-15adc575ae5c.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran blonde badger 25X53 - Gillette Fat Boy - Guillette 7 O'clock yellow #4 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Martin de Candre - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Castle & Forbes Lavender - ASL Myrurgia Agua Balsámica.

Back
Top Bottom