3P preshave cream
Vitos Green shaving soap
Muhle Medium Silvertip Sythetic in Faux Horn
ES Claymore on an Ikon Handle
Feather Pro Blade
Alum Block
Organic Unrefined Shea Butter
Superdrug Sierra A/S

2 pass BBS. No irritation with either the Alum or aftershave.
May get round to photos at some stage.....but there is nothing particularly sexy about a chunk of
Vitos pushed into a tupperware container!

Thursday Morning

3P preshave cream
Vitos Green shaving soap
Muhle Medium Silvertip Sythetic in Faux Horn
ES Claymore on an Ikon Handle
Feather Pro Blade
Alum Block
Organic Unrefined Shea Butter
Superdrug Sierra A/S

2 pass BBS. No irritation with either the Alum or aftershave.
May get round to photos at some stage.....but there is nothing particularly sexy about a chunk of
Vitos pushed into a tupperware container!
Oh I don't know ! :)

Thursday 25th May 2017
SOTD 25th may.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Sensitive Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: iKon 103 + Pharos Handle
Blade: Super-Max Super platinum (#2)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Cream: Truefitt & Hill No.10
AS: Nivea Replenishing Balm

The T&H No.10 cream still performing well and I used less today but still got plenty of lather, slightly better performance using the 103 head today compared to the 101 head with this blade.

Last edited:
Gillette pre-war Canadian Tech
Gillette/Wilkinson Sword
Chinese blade (#1)
L&L Grooming Cuir et Épices Bison Tallow Shaving Soap
Maggard 22mm
black synthetic brush
Brut Classic AS

A few points: firstly, these Chinese Gillette/Wilkinson Sword blades are simply phenomenal & Astra priced dirt cheap to boot. Second, L&L Grooming is claimed by many to be making one of, if not the, best shaving soaps in the World. That's a lofty claim for sure, however it certainly is a fantastic soap with scents unlike any other on Earth.

Gillette pre-war Canadian Tech
Gillette/Wilkinson Sword
Chinese blade (#1)
L&L Grooming Cuir et Épices Bison Tallow Shaving Soap
Maggard 22mm
black synthetic brush
Brut Classic AS

A few points: firstly, these Chinese Gillette/Wilkinson Sword blades are simply phenomenal & Astra priced dirt cheap to boot. Second, L&L Grooming is claimed by many to be making one of, if not the, best shaving soaps in the World. That's a lofty claim for sure, however it certainly is a fantastic soap with scents unlike any other on Earth.
I like the sound of that Bison tallow soap, will have to see if it can be bought this side of the pond.

Sotd - 25/5

Razor - Parker Variant
Blade - Polsilver SI (4)
Brush - Stirling Butterscotch Fan
Soap - SV Tundra Artica
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva - Spanish version
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - New toys! Great. First use of the Parker and a SV soap. The razor - I received this yesterday after the usual excellent service from @Executive Shaving . I'm happy to buy things from them as - for me - they are a local business, based not far from where I live. In addition - I like the fact they innovate their own products and don't act simply as a re-seller. When I took the Variant out the box last night I realised that the entire thing had a veneer of oil coating it. Before use I soaked it for two or three hours in warm water with some washing-up liquid in it and then cleaned the razor with an old tooth brush. Not the end of the world but I would have been mightily pissed off had I gone to use it tonight and discovered this at the last minute. I have no idea whether the oil was by design or omission. So anyway - in use - I don't have much to add to other reviews of this razor. It is indeed big and solid in the hand (110 grams.) It's very well engineered and punches above its price point in that respect. The handle is longer than I'm used to (90 mm) but I found it easy to control. The auditory feedback is loud - a good thing in my book. I'd read that it was quite aggressive versus the Progress - comparisons are inevitable - and set it on 2.5, 3 or 4 would be normal on the Merkur for me. The Parker has a fair amount of 'presence' and I did pay attention to what I was doing. Fair to say that you would do this on the first use of any razor. End result it gave me a superb shave - really good. The SV soap? Okay - now I get it. It was wonderful. I transferred the puck into an aluminum screw top container before using. The scent is complex, the slickness top-end, easy to hit the right spot with hydration when building the lather. It wasn't a fussy soap to use - even straight out the box. Face feel - both during the shave and after is among the best I have experienced. As I say - I get it now. This wont be my last SV purchase. Overall - a great shave. My skin is bbs, moisturised and supple. No hint of irritation. I think there is something in not using allum when you don't need it. Enjoy your shaves - I did. Cheers - I.

@Blackmass - thanks for the soap recommendation Rob.

Sotd - 25/5

Razor - Parker Variant
Blade - Polsilver SI (4)
Soap - SV Tundra Artica
Post - Witch hazel
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Result - New toys! Great. First use of the Parker and a SV soap. The razor - I received this yesterday after the usual excellent service from @Executive Shaving . I'm happy to buy things from them as - for me - they are a local business, based not far from where I live. In addition - I like the fact they innovate their own products and don't act simply as a re-seller. When I took the Variant out the box last night I realised that the entire thing had a veneer of oil coating it. Before use I soaked it for two or three hours in warm water with some washing-up liquid in it and then cleaned the razor with an old tooth brush. Not the end of the world but I would have been mightily pissed off had I gone to use it tonight and discovered this at the last minute. I have no idea whether the oil was by design or omission. So anyway - in use - I don't have much to add to other reviews of this razor. It is indeed big and solid in the hand (110 grams.) It's very well engineered and punches above its price point in that respect. The handle is longer than I'm used to (90 mm) but I found it easy to control. The auditory feedback is loud - a good thing in my book. I'd read that it was quite aggressive versus the Progress - comparisons are inevitable - and set it on 2.5, 3 or 4 would be normal on the Merkur for me. The Parker has a fair amount of 'presence' and I did pay attention to what I was doing. Fair to say that you would do this on the first use of any razor. End result it gave me a superb shave - really good. The SV soap? Okay - now I get it. It was wonderful. I transferred the puck into an aluminum screw top container before using. The scent is complex, the slickness top-end, easy to hit the right spot with hydration when building the lather. It wasn't a fussy soap to use - even straight out the box. Face feel - both during the shave and after is among the best I have experienced. As I say - I get it now. This wont be my last SV purchase. Overall - a great shave. My skin is bbs, moisturised and supple. No hint of irritation. I think there is something in not using allum when you don't need it. Enjoy your shaves - I did. Cheers - I.

I like the razor very much, well built for the price point. I myself am just getting into SV soap, only have one at the moment but three on the way, so many great soaps and only one face to shave! :)

Sotd - 25/5

Razor - Parker Variant
Blade - Polsilver SI (4)
Soap - SV Tundra Artica
Post - Witch hazel
Balm - Aloe vera gel.

Great to read you were happy with your new toys and especially the soap. I suspect there will be more to follow very soon.

We do joke about 'enabling' each other but it's something I take very seriously as I've noticed and become aware of recently. I've been responsible for quite a few people buying products, some costing a lot of money.

Over the last couple of weeks I have doubted myself and questioned whether or not to give my opinion on products I've bought.

My experience with a number of products (especially razors) has gone against the majority of people's opinion who have used the same products.
I thought I'd start getting a reputation as someone just disagreeing for disagreeing sake. But I can only say how something works for me.
I trust when you read one of my posts you know I'm being totally honest. Whether a product works for me or not.

A forum is a place to share knowledge and experience and most importantly help each other........spend more money. ;):D

Good night.

Back
Top Bottom