S.O.T.D. Saturday 20th May to Friday 26th May 2017

e4d527871ad5e2cff76aba157666fd66.jpg

For the first time I used a ER Featherweight. It is more than nice little shaver! I trully enjoy in this shave.

Blade was CVS carbon, smooth and sharp. Soap was Williams, brush - RR Plissoft. All ended with Bello Bay Rum Lime.

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk
Good day my friend, I've used this razor with the Personna Gem blades and have also found it gives a great shave.....of course not as good as a shave with the Gibbs but still a good shave! :)

Great to read you were happy with your new toys and especially the soap. I suspect there will be more to follow very soon.

We do joke about 'enabling' each other but it's something I take very seriously as I've noticed and become aware of recently. I've been responsible for quite a few people buying products, some costing a lot of money.

Over the last couple of weeks I have doubted myself and questioned whether or not to give my opinion on products I've bought.

My experience with a number of products (especially razors) has gone against the majority of people's opinion who have used the same products.
I thought I'd start getting a reputation as someone just disagreeing for disagreeing sake. But I can only say how something works for me.
I trust when you read one of my posts you know I'm being totally honest. Whether a product works for me or not.

A forum is a place to share knowledge and experience and most importantly help each other........spend more money. ;):D

Good night.
Enabling to me is no joke Rob, I take it very seriously indeed. :)

Friday

3P preshave cream
TOBS Coconut Shaving Cream
Kent Infinity Brush
ES Claymore with an Ikon Handle
Feather Pro Blade
Alum
Organic unrefined Shea Butter
Barbershop Natural Bay Rum

Another excellent shave from the Claymore. That's me set up for the day.
Going to see a Dire Straits tribute band straight from work.....so no chance of
a top up shave later

Morning all

Shave 1

Soap - Arko
Brush - Semogue 2000
Razor - Option 5
Blade - Personna (1)

Shave 1 with the Option 5 and I have to admit I am not completely enamoured with it. However, I suspect that my face prep and the soap choice was not great. First pass felt like I was dragging a razor over a ploughed field. Uncomfortable bordering on unpleasant. For the second pass I added a small dollop of TOBS Sandalwood to the mix and that certainly improved the cushioning and it was far smoother.

Shave 2

Soap - d'Ardenne, Short & Bell, Captain
Brush - Semogue 2000
Razor - Option 5
Blade - Astra SP (1)

Shave 2 and I am still not completely convinced by the Option 5. It looks great, feels great in the hand and is very well balanced. BUT, there is something that just does not work for me. Using it is like having a first class ticket but choosing to fly cattle class. Yes you get to the same destination, but the journey is not as pleasant. I will use it once more, probably on Sunday before sending it to the next person on the pass around list.

By the way, the ASB Captain soap is fan-flippin-tastic!

Great to read you were happy with your new toys and especially the soap. I suspect there will be more to follow very soon.

We do joke about 'enabling' each other but it's something I take very seriously as I've noticed and become aware of recently. I've been responsible for quite a few people buying products, some costing a lot of money.

Over the last couple of weeks I have doubted myself and questioned whether or not to give my opinion on products I've bought.

My experience with a number of products (especially razors) has gone against the majority of people's opinion who have used the same products.
I thought I'd start getting a reputation as someone just disagreeing for disagreeing sake. But I can only say how something works for me.
I trust when you read one of my posts you know I'm being totally honest. Whether a product works for me or not.

A forum is a place to share knowledge and experience and most importantly help each other........spend more money. ;):D

Good night.
It is, ultimately, the buyer's choice whether or not they input their card details and hit the 'buy now' button! You may recommend, sure, but it's not like you're holding them against the wall at knife point...or should that be razor point?

Keep up the good work! ;)

image.jpg S.O.T.D 26th May

Pre....Shower - BBA shave oil.
Razor...Supply #3 plate
Blade....Personna 74 with shim #2
Soap....D R Harris Windsor
Brush....Omega pro 49
Post....BBA post shave balm
EDP....Silver (oil) Al Rehab

Another real close shave from my Supply SE and the 74 blade and shim. The first time using the Harris soap and I have to say, Wow....it's great, easy to lather, plenty of protection, great slide & glide and the scent was wonderfull. Finnished off with the BBA post shave balm and rolled on the Silver perfume oil here and there. Smooth and feeling great!

Have a good Friday People.......:)

eQfNPKG.jpg

Fantastic shave with this Ever-Ready 1912 with a GEM PTFE blade. Very smooth experience with no unpleasant sensations, weepers, or razor burn after the shave. If I was forced to make a not so positive comment it would be that the blade showed some slight chatter on the against the grain pass on the neck area below the chin, but nothing that resulted in cuts or weepers. With a very light hand I was able to easily surpass that. The Calani soap had a fantastic showing also. Lather explosion, very slick, and an orange jam scent that flooded the bathroom. On the skin the scent dissipated a bit quicker than i hoped for, but then there was the balm... If the soap it's orange jam, the balm is like rubbing the face with the skin of 100 fresh oranges. An exquisite experience indeed, and to end on the same note I had to squeeze a cup of orange juice from my father-in-law oranges to start a new day with a kick of vitamin C. ;)

Gentlemen, wish you a fantastic day and a great weekend.

Friday 26th May
Zenith 506U TS
Speick Men shave stick (grated)
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM SSC #8
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Electrif's Bay Rum
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
T2qZTCE.jpg

Two shames for Speick Men:
It doesn't come in a nice bowl like Tabac and the Stick doesn't come with a case like LEA or La Toja. It would then be a major contender as a travel soap. I grate mine into a bowl.
The Streamline as always performed up to its super reputation giving a marvellous shave.

I'm happy, hope you're also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom