S.O.T.D. Saturday 21st May to Friday 27th May 2016

0htX95qh.jpg

Sampling Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne today. The opening of this fragrance is like a blast of freshly squeezed orange juice, which smells very nice indeed.

It's a simple yet refreshing summer scent, that's very authentic but unfortunately very short lived. Not sure why I chose to sample this on such a gloomy day like today!

Last edited:
Special shave this morning, for two reasons. Firstly, using the Ikon slant head for the first time, and secondly, because I am meeting the Countess of Wessex later today.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The slant head (with Astra blade) was a revelation! Particularly good on my problem area on my neck.

I chose the Floris No.89 partly because I really like the fragrance, and partly because I need something that lasts and will overcome the smell of metal polish from my medals!

This morning was my last shave for the next two weeks :( due to minor surgery on the old face....

Prep: hot shower + glycerin soap - rinse off and proraso pre-shave
Lather Bowl: Favourite Kitchen mug
Soap / cream: Bodyshop's Maca Root shaving cream.
Blade: Voskhood (fresh blade)
Razor: ATT R2
Brush: Traditional Shaving Shop's badger silvertip (falling apart)
Post shave: rinse off with cold water + Alum + Nivea after shave.
Cologne: Paco Rabanne.

View attachment 18739

Best of luck on your surgery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it's Towel Day innit? In honour of Douglas Adams: a not so creative composition perhaps, but situated on top of .. yes, a towel. And the soap is Barrister and Mann's semi-LE 42 soap, also an obvious nod to Adams.

I have to say, not being a floral man, this soap really has me sniffing and loving it! "Everyone has an inner florist, it's just a matter of finding him?"

Plus, not sure if this has to do with the soap being so fresh or what, but it lathers up *as if it had done nothing else its entire life*. Seems better and easier than the Roam that I recently acquired but which is supposedly based on the same "glissant" formula.

OneBlade razor and a Virginia Sheng brush. Finished off with Latha non-alc Le Petit Chypre, probably the best aftershave I've ever tried in terms of skin feel.

5a36149561d1719db1f288843b7f76b6.jpg

Fabulous shave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOTD Wed. 5/25/16
Prep: Noxzema Classic
PSO: EVOO
SS: Tabac Shave Stick
SB: Semogue 620 Boar
Razor: Gem Pushbutton
Blade: GEM
ASB: Stirling Mita
Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Pine Tar
Cologne: Acqua Di Selva by Visconti Di Modrone

Good morning guys. First shave with the GEM Pushbutton and what a shave it was. Three passes for a dolphin smooth end result. This razor is wonderful, the handle has a protrusion and notch at the end tip which allow me to rest my finger on it and creates a pivot for the head to intuitively find the perfect shave angle. Very maneuverable and fun to use.
love+smilie.gif
First time with TABAC also and it's just awesome, very cushiony and slick and I love the strong scent.
love+smilie.gif
Very pleased today! Have a great day folks. Tomorrow I plan on shaving with the GEM G Bar, I'm riding the GEM Train!
transport022_.gif
smile.png

DSC_0311_zpszwkxoqg7.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
208 Gold Dollar 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Haslinger Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I had a Enjoyable Shave Today with My Gold Dollar 6/8th..This shaves as Well as any SR for Me..The Blade is quite Heavy Weighted for a 6/8th & Sorta Requires an Extra Mindful Light Touch..Once You find the Centre Balance of this SR it Feels Good in the Hand & it Zips around Very Well..o_O

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom