S.O.T.D. Saturday 21th January to Friday 27th January 2017

Friday AM 2017-01-27

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Elite Razor Bloody Basin Jasper Manchurian White (28mm/57mm)
Boellis Panama 1924 shaving soap
Feather AS-D2/Triad Titanium Blue Aristocrat
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (4)
Love My Skin Almond aftershave
LH29cpZ.jpg

Dick don't go using to much of that 24 gold now, the price is going up stupidly getting rare now.

Greetings

That's very strange but I have just looked and see what you mean, I didn't pay much for it perhaps a couple of years ago when I bought it, if memory serves me correct I think it was under or roundabout 20 quid! I find it ok but rather sweet and 'in your face' in a brash sort of way it certainly has good longevity and sillage.

I just sniffed my wrists and could hardly detect it.......then I realised I have been swimming this afternoon. Another senior moment it's a bugger getting old! :oops:

P.S. I suppose being able to detect it at all after 30 mins. in chlorinated water and then a shower I should revise the longevity from good to; "sticks like sh*t to a blanket"! :)

Regards
Dick.

Greetings

That's very strange but I have just looked and see what you mean, I didn't pay much for it perhaps a couple of years ago when I bought it, if memory serves me correct I think it was under or roundabout 20 quid! I find it ok but rather sweet and 'in your face' in a brash sort of way it certainly has good longevity and sillage.

I just sniffed my wrists and could hardly detect it.......then I realised I have been swimming this afternoon. Another senior moment it's a bugger getting old! :oops:

P.S. I suppose being able to detect it at all after 30 mins. in chlorinated water and then a shower I should revise the longevity from good to; "sticks like sh*t to a blanket"! :)

Regards
Dick.
:D

Friday 27th January 2017

SOTD 27th Jan.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Gillette Tech Thin Handle
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (#1)
Brush: Hans Baier Silver Tip
Cream: Proraso Blue
AS: none

First shave with the Rapira Super Stainless and the Proraso Blue cream. After the last run of Personna blades I have been trying, namely the Double Edge, Lab Blue and Med Prep, the Rapira does not seem as sharp as them. The end result was OK no irritation but not as close a shave as the Personna blades were giving. I will try the Rapira in a few more razors before making a verdict on it.

The Proraso Blue is good, scent is quite nice too, I skipped my normal AS balm today to see how my skin felt after using the Proraso.

Back
Top Bottom