S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd April to Friday 28th April 2017

image.jpg SOTD 25th April

Razor...Hone Type 15
Blade...Feather #1
Soap...Pre de Provence number 63
Brush...SOC Badger
Post...Thayers lavender
EDT..Pacorabanne Million

Another brass beauty in my hands this morning in the form of the Hone, paired with a Feather blade. The soap lathered like a dream from such a hard soap and the shave was good and left me smooth faced.
The feather seems to work well with the Hone, and I was smooth and without any irritation, so I may save my feathers for use in this razor.

Have a wonderful day people....:)

Last edited:
Tuesday Morning;

Futur Clone (1)
Rapira blade (1)
Maseto 2-band
P&B Citra Royale
Alum/cold/witch hazel
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Snapseed.jpg

First time using the Futur clone. I think I best start off by stating that curiosity got the better of me so I shaved 'only' 24 hours after my last. As a result, I'm slightly raw in places and feeling it a little. It should settle down quite quickly. Lovely slickness and scent from the P&B - the lime really comes out during lathering. Big, beasty b*stard badger brush did a solid job yet again. Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet exaggerated my limey start to the day; what a beautiful scent.

Onto the razor, as I'm sure you're more intrigued about. Loaded her up with a new Rapira blade (thanks @nolisco!) and got to work. She's got a fair blade gap compared to the Wilkinson Sword (WS herein) I've used prior to it. That being said, as long as your lather is right, there's nothing to worry about. Yes, I know I had it on setting 1, but it still didn't give me much to worry about. Any rawness/redness is my own fault and, probably, as a result of not leaving it long enough between shaves. The razor didn't struggle with any of my stubble, and the heft/weight at 96.4g (compared with SR's and the WS DE, of which I'm more accustomed) was a change. I can't tell whether it was a welcome change yet, but I didn't face any issues either way. The head is quite large, again compared to the fine blade SR's I've used prior, and I found it a little difficult ensuring the angle was correct, or that I was making good contact with the skin, or in fact where the blade was in relation to my face. That being said, it's a DE and it's not difficult to keep track of where your 'trace' is during the shave, and hence where the blade is. The head is well seated and there's no slackness or rattles regarding any aspect of the razor. Setting 1 has given me a very respectable, quite close shave in 95% of places (well, my neck) and I don't see an immediate need to change this up to a higher setting, at least for the meantime. I will be having a day's rest and re-approaching this razor with a fresh blade - I know you can get multiple shaves out of it but life is short and I may as well have a fresh slate for learning. After a few uses I'll make a newbie's review of this nicely-finished shaver.

Happy Tuesday!
A very honest respectable non-biased review on the "Futur Clone"..your shave was successful down to treating the razor with respect, an aggressive razor needs that, or should i say all razors, either aggressive or non aggressive. if you dont..they bite..thanks for the review..i look forward to shaving with mine when it arrives.Regards.:)

A very honest respectable non-biased review on the "Futur Clone"..your shave was successful down to treating the razor with respect, an aggressive razor needs that, or should i say all razors, either aggressive or non aggressive. if you dont..they bite..thanks for the review..i look forward to shaving with mine when it arrives.Regards.:)
I aim to give an honest review wherever possible, my good man! Going for SR's prior to DE's I have learned to treat all razors, great or small, with respect. Thanks for the kind words. I'll be looking to do a more in-depth review before too long after a few more shaves with it. It made light work of my stubble, though. It has a lot going for it, especially at £4.86 from China. I've also ordered one of the £2.38 ones from Malaysia to compare and contrast, when/if it arrives! :)

SOTD 20170425

jsgpzCC.jpg

Brush: Cadman with finest knot (24 mm - loft 50 mm).
Shaving soap: Jabones by Luna "Higo y vainilla" .
Razor: QSHAVE RD280 (Merkur Futur clone) (dial pos. 4).
Blade: Centwin Super Platinum (8).
After shave: Hawkins & Brimble balm.

Increased the dial of the "Melkul Futul" gradually from 2 - 2.5 - 3 - 3.5 to 4.
As far as I'm concerned, position 4 is too high, 3.5 is tolerable, 3 is pleasant (YMMV).
Nevertheless a pleasant smooth result.

Have a nice day, evrybody ! ;)

View attachment 24925 SOTD 25th April

Razor...Hone Type 15
Blade...Feather #1
Soap...Pre de Provence number 63
Brush...SOC Badger
Post...Thayers lavender
EDT..Pacorabanne Million

Another brass beauty in my hands this morning in the form of the Hone, paired with a Feather blade. The soap lathered like a dream from such a hard soap and the shave was good and left me smooth faced.
I'm not sure I would pick the feather blade over a Polsilver Stainless because it wasn't that smooth but it did the job in hand with no blood loss or irritation.

Have a wonderful day people....:)

Great photo. The Hone is a great looking razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w96teb.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 'F3' w/ Rapira Swedish Supersteel (1)
Soap: L'Occitane Cade Shaving Cream
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel & L'Occitane eau de L'Occitan

A wonderful combination of products today, have't used the cream in a long time so nice to give it another run out. The EDT I wasn't fussed on at first but in recent uses it has really grown on me. The Shavemac was stupendous as always and the Super Adjustable is giving me some wonderful shaves. April seems to be the month of loving a vintage Gillette and breaking buying bans, maybe I can go cold turkey in May!

I aim to give an honest review wherever possible, my good man! Going for SR's prior to DE's I have learned to treat all razors, great or small, with respect. Thanks for the kind words. I'll be looking to do a more in-depth review before too long after a few more shaves with it. It made light work of my stubble, though. It has a lot going for it, especially at £4.86 from China. I've also ordered one of the £2.38 ones from Malaysia to compare and contrast, when/if it arrives! :)
My Malaysian QSHAVE RD280 was posted out to me today, by mistake they have posted two out to me, but only charged me for one!..it looks very simular to the your chinese version, i shall see if the build and performance of them is ok when they both arrive in the uk.;)

My Malaysian QSHAVE RD280 was posted out to me today, by mistake they have posted two out to me, but only charged me for one!..it looks very simular to the your chinese version, i shall see if the build and performance of them is ok when they both arrive in the uk.;)
Wow if you get two through that's even more of a bargain! :O To my untrained eye, the build looks very good. I was expecting more flaws than I found, if I'm honest! They're both branded as QShave, so I can't imagine there's much, if any, difference!

Tuesday 25th April
Zenith 507 TS
Nivea Originals Cream
Gillette Slim Adjustable #7
Voskhod TC #1
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Body Moisturiser
O0NfVtM.jpg

Nice change back to DE's. This my favourite adjustable wound up to my favourite setting gave an excellent close result. Pleased I stocked up on the Voskhods, excellent value.

Shave well!!!

Tuesday 25th April
Zenith 507 TS
Nivea Originals Cream
Gillette Slim Adjustable #7
Voskhod TC #1
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Electrif's Bay Rum
Lacura Body Moisturiser
O0NfVtM.jpg

Nice change back to DE's. This my favourite adjustable wound up to my favourite setting gave an excellent close result. Pleased I stocked up on the Voskhods, excellent value.

Shave well!!!
+ 1 on the Voskhods!..i get on well with all the Russian made blades, and your right, excellent value for sublime shaves...;)

Back
Top Bottom