S.O.T.D. Saturday 22nd Feb. to Friday 28th Feb. 2014

Today's astonishing upper lipholstery of vigour is looking quite outstanding thanks to Mr Natty Twizzle Moustache Wax … oh, and I smell of Calvin Klein Obssession For Men

No razor, no brush, no soap or cream. Just a splash of the Blue Smurfos roudn the back of the neck after showering. Bugger it, I'm going to grow a beard regardless of of how scabby and sparse it looks. Faither, the hirsute one, reckons I could manage a decent one given time. I'll certainly trim round the edges from time to time which will give the odd razor and brush a run out. Will report back in the summer! :blush:

Gairdner said:
No razor, no brush, no soap or cream. Just a splash of the Blue Smurfos roudn the back of the neck after showering. Bugger it, I'm going to grow a beard regardless of of how scabby and sparse it looks. Faither, the hirsute one, reckons I could manage a decent one given time. I'll certainly trim round the edges from time to time which will give the odd razor and brush a run out. Will report back in the summer! :blush:

D'ya wanna be in my gang?

We've swapped PMs on taches before, but the same applies - the best thing to do with any facial hair is to let it grow if for AT LEAST 3 months.

Anything less than that and it can only really be classed 'forgetting to shave'.

I wouldn't even monkey about trimming the edges in that time either. Blokes always mis-judge this, end up looking like George Lucas, shave the lot off in a fit of anger and then spend 20 minutes weeping over the sink remorsefully.

Friday

Afternoon, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Wilkinson Classic
Blade: Feather (4)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Wickham Co. 1902 Menthol
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

A terrific shave for the end of the week. I've been pleased with the Feather's performance.

q8idFQd.jpg

MRGLO
Rosegold R41 (2013)
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Proraso White Soap
Duke 2 Pure
Speick AS Splash

My first time with the Proraso White and with the Speick AS. Both complement each other in an unexpected way.

The soap has a lovely smell that I can't quite put my finger on, but smells very similar to one of the notes in DR Harris Windsor. It also performs fantastically.

This razor/blade pairing is top notch and gave me my second 2 pass BBS in as many weeks!

Friday, February 28th, 2014

Friday, February 28th, 2014

157965d1393598294-sun-february-23rd-sat-march-01st-sotd-28022014.jpg

Cuno Kratz Wicawa 97, 6/8 Quarter Hollow, Round Point

• Pre-shave: Myrsol Emulsión
  • Soap: Tabac Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Omega Syntex Brush 90081
  • Bowl: Chinese Cheap Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm Stropping
  • Razor: Cuno Kratz Wicawa 97, 6/8 Quarter Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Myrsol Agua de Limón After Shave

Friday 28th February

SOTD28214_zpsf981d5f5.jpg

Hot shower
Hot flannel
Barrister & Mann Bay Rum soap scuttle lathered
Brush made by myself, TGN Finest badger 26mm
Gillette Big Boy Gold
Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
DR Harris Bay Rum aftershave

A good shave enjoying the Scent of the Bay Rum.

Friday 28-02-14. MUSIC: Buena Vista Social Club. The best music for a full Bay Rum shave. :icon_cool:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaerapRPS64[/video]

543d7e13-fa89-45aa-825c-0ddc149f239e_zps7c3de6a0.jpg

Aleppo soap - Rodney Neep Extra Silvertip 26X50 - Merkur 25C - Chroma #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Mystic Water Bay Rum - Alum block - Thayers Cucumber Toner - ASB Health & Aloe CGR - ASL Honeybee Gardens Bay Rum.

Prep: Hot shower and some conditioner
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (first time for one of these).
Razor: Gillette Slim set to 7 WTG 5 XTG 5 ATG (apart from my neck that's set to 3.).
Post shave: Nivea ASB and a glass of merlot.

FEATHER BLADES I HATE YOU!!!!!
(they hate me too)

Nivea Pre Shave Oil
Hot Towel
Ingram Cream
Omega BFO Brush
Gillette Rocket HD
Feather Hi Stainless Neck Ripper :icon_twisted: :mad:
Cold Splash
Alum
Boss

Not the greatest shave. I guess I should leave the feathers until I'm a bit more broken in lol

Back
Top Bottom