Hot flannel
Razo Rock XXX scuttle lathered
Brush made by myself, TGN Finest badger 20mm fan
Gillette Monobloc 55
Polsilver super iridium (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Lavender witch hazel
DR Harris Arlington aftershave

Lovely shave, the scent of the cream and aftershave excellent.

Behind the times - this was yesterday's.

EJDE89L
English Wilkie (3)
Hand-Carved Beech 24mm Finest
GFT Violet Cream
"Old Mice" AS
Astral

Seven out of ten. Loved the violet cream as always but the modern Old Spice burned more than I'm used to although it quickly dissipated. Blade still magic without the slightest hint of degradation. I slapped a little of the OS on the back of my neck and bearing in mind this was a fairly early morning shave for me i.e. pre-nine, the missus could still detect the the scent at around half past nine in the evening when she asked as to what aftershave (for a man, it's all aftershave to her, with no distinction between AS, cologne, EdT or EdP whatsoever) I was wearing. I asked why and she said that she liked it was all. Seemed quite surprised when I told her.

Lazy today, with just a splash of Mr Taylor's behind the neck and two fingers to the rest of it. Aye and a fag between them same two fingers an' all!

muhle r41/ templ8 ball end handle
sputnik
semogue 1800
proraso red tub
pinaud clubman classic vanilla AS
boots no7 post shave balm
montana parfum d'homme edt

a very good shave other than a nick on my neck due to sheer inattention. had a few lately, my mind wanders to smiling puppies and coloured balloons then...ouch.
montana is wonderful stuff, it doesnt seem to get much love but i like it a lot.

Monday Night

Just a quick single pass ...

IMG_5058.JPG

Hot Towel
NSS Unscented OO & Goat Milk
Pure Badger 23mm
Schick E - Personna Stainless [3]
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Brut Aftershave

Face Lathered
One Pass - WTG

Just a quick single pass to neaten up yesterday's difficult shave, difficult in that I could not grip with my right hand so everything was left-handed. Today, still painful to grip, but I can just about do it - lathering was left-handed.

Great to be back with an NSS soap - the unscented olive oil recipe with added goat milk is just lovely. Slick, smooth and very nourishing.

Last shave with this loaner Schick E before it wings its way home tomorrow. I've enjoyed it!

Prep: Cold Water Splash, Nuage oil
Razor: New Deluxe 15mm head on a UFO Kaiser Short handle
Blade: 7 O'Clock Super Stainless
Brush: Gecko Stumpy 2-Band in Walnut
Soap: D R Harris Windsor
Aftershave: Floid Blue

A top notch shave.

After using SB razors for the last few weeks, it was great swapping back to a nice aggressive OC.

Prep: Hot Water
Soap: Dior Eau Sauvage
Brush: Simpson The Duke D3 Manchurian Briar
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth
Blade : Feather
AS: Dior Eau Sauvage
EDT: Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme

image.php

image.php

Tuesday xxv February, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, L'Oreal Daily Purifying Facial Wash
Brush: New Forest Tubby 2
Soap: Irisch Moos Stick
Razor: Digress HD
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver #2
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne

Result: Top scrape once more. I even managed to resist chalking on too much soap so I didn't end up with a lot of gunk on the blade!

Good day to you all.

Jon

Tuesday

Cella
Semogue 2012 SE
iKon Slant
7 o'clock SuperPlatinum
Pinaud Clubman AS

One up, one down and one to polish in just a few minutes and I had a near BBS shave.

I accidentally loaded tons of soap on the brush this morning, this mixed hair not is a destroyer of soaps and it certainly went to town on the Cella, should really have a coffee first so that I feel a bit more awake. I think I had enough lather to shave my whole body...I did not shave my whole body!

Back
Top Bottom