S.O.T.D. Saturday 22th June to Friday 28th June 2013 ...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Mhule
Razors: Bengall by T R Cadmann and sons + GEM Micromatic for head
Soap: Tabac
AS: Floris Elite
Edt: Penhaligon's Castile
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D
Jackass, who broke the scales: Me ;)
, I was going to change the front pin and screwed up (the scales are in delicate and old bone) :(. Fantastic blade though and the new GEM blade in the Micromatic gave a fantastic head shave.

Nice morning shave before work:

Prep: Village Barber oil
Cream: T&H West Indian Limes
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: Weber DLC/ UFO U2

Lovely BBS shave

Greetings

Saturday 22nd June 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM 1912 Baton Handle
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Vulfix 406 Boar
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

Great shave, for my tastes this short fat Bakelite handle is possibly the easiest and most pleasant to hold on any of my SE razors. I know not everybody likes them but I think they function perfectly.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04429.JPG

Musgo Real glyce classic soap
Cobra Classic / Dorco
Neep Jubilee
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Proraso A/S
Penhaligons Endymion Cologne

Difficult to judge the Dorco blade off one shave, certainly not as smooth as the feather at this point, I'll leave it in and see how it goes.

Have a good weekend :)

First time out today with my Thomas Turner Encore straight. Usual hot water prep and MWF face lathered with Semogue OC Boar.
I was surprised how comfortable and forgiving this razor was in comparison to my usual weekend choice of Feather AC with Pro blade. Didn't manage as close a shave but early days yet and no blood!
Well chuffed for a first go.
I put the Feather in the picture to show how much longer the blade is on the traditional straight.

Big thanks to Jamie for doing such a great job with the razor. Somehow I don't think this will stay my only straight for long!

Todays Shave
Image_zps094da25f.jpg

Feather artist club
Feather Super blade
Kent BK8 Brush
NSS Cedarwood & Vetyver ( Face lathered )
Old Spice aftershave Splash

Result BSS WTG :heart:

Just two passes, two days beard.....gone. Satisfying to shave like this sometimes, a good reminder just how sharp these Ninja blades are :D:D

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
Simpson's Colonel X2L, Cella
Weber polished, Rapira (3)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

Two day beard and excellent hardware and software... I have to report a BBS with minimal fuss

First shave with the pass-around Merkur 37c slant.

Prep: shower
Cream: Bluebeard's Revenge
Brush: Simpson's Emperor
Razer: 37c
Blade: Voskod

Pretty unimpressed with the blade alignment of this 37c - are they all that "variable / adjustable"? Took a few goes before I was happy with the evenness of the blade exposure. I was surprised at how quiet this razor is - I really didn't notice how much stubble it was removing. Very good shave overall, excellent around those areas I typically have issues with, namely each side of my mouth, between my mouth and chin and the jaw line. A bit raw between my chin and neck but that's because I was getting a bit cocky. All in all a very comfortable shave (except raw bit). Will want a weeks worth of shaving before I decide if I want one.

Paul

Saturday:

Tabac soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM blade
Witch Hazel
Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar AS

Lovely shave, nice and smooth.

SATURDAY MORNING

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Gillette Parat
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Muhle V2 synthetic
Cream: Myrurgia stick - face lathered
EDT: Etat Libre Sex Pistols

These blades are always much better for me on the second shave, and so it proved today. Three passes and a little buffing to achieve a smooth finish.

Have used the Muhle for almost a week and I have to say it isn't bad at all. It isn't my best brush, but it's certainly amongst the middle ranking ones. Well worth trying if you're curious.

Saturday 22-06-13. MUSIC: Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway. :heart:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZpMPrJA9zM[/video]

c2f11290-f394-4012-bbf0-204ae4e5e879.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran 28X56 blonde badger - Feather all stainless - Iridium Super #3 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Valobra - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe - ASB Health & Aloe C.R.G. - ASL Royal Copenhagen.

Saturday 22nd June

0h6e.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Sir irisch moos cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Tulip 1 super badger brush
Gillette Aristocrat 66
Gillette 7 o'clock sharp edge (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Sir irisch moos aftershave balsam

Close, clean and very comfortable shave today. The balsam has a cooling sensation must be some menthol in it very nice :icon_biggrin:

Brian

Back
Top Bottom