S.O.T.D. Saturday 24th December to Friday 30th December 2016

Saturday AM 2016-12-24

NhXte09.jpg

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Elite Razor Bloody Basin Jasper Manchurian White (28mm/57mm)
Eufros Premium Tobacco shaving soap (tallow) sample
Feather AS-D2/Triad Brass Aristocrat XL
Super-Max Super Platinum Tiger (4)
Roger & Gallet L'Homme aftershave (vintage)

The Tobacco shaving soap required a lot of water and effort to produce good lather, but its skin care is great, and the fragrance is a really nice sweet tobacco one. This is probably my favorite of the Eufros samples I have been trying.
negerPX.jpg

d040f22d81c4b458c8510430e011a700.jpg

A bit late posting this as I was rushing out to see Rogue One last night but it was so good I thought I should regardless.

Penhaligon's Sartorial Cream
Simpson Chubby 2 Best
Cobra Classic
Kai Captain Standard (6)
Sartorial Aftershave Balm
Penhaligon's EDT

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lovely set up. Penhaligons is something to look into next year. Sartorial being the first thing I test.

What did you think of Rouge One? I loved it.

This is my first SOTD post, sporting some early Xmas gifts fresh from Spain, delivered by my lovely sister in-law, home for the holidays.
I've thoroughly enjoyed looking after the pass around Fatboy, it's be been a joy and a learning experience.

This evenings shave ritual consisted of:

A hot shower
La Toja shave stick
Semogue 620 brush
Astra SP blade
1959 Fatboy Razor
Alum Block (no feedback) :)
La Toja balm
Floid Vigoroso Aftershave

f1aa4c1e1baa4ed527687892f7699d89.jpg

A lovely BBS shave, all ready for tomorrows merriments. Really enjoyed la toja products and my new brush is breaking in nicely. Not sure if the toja and floid scents really went together but they produced the desired smooth effect. Both have a big thumbs up from me.

Last edited:
Christmas Eve
SOTD 24 December.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower and Geo F Trumper Coral Skin Food
Razor: Ikon El Jefe + SE Handle
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Guard (#6)
Brush: Plisson Badger
Cream : Fitjar Islands Slåtterøy
AS: Slåtterøy Gel

The Fitjar cream is amazing, a fantastically smooth and close shave, one minor weeper which is the first I have had with the El Jefe and this blade so I may have found the usable limit or I may have been too hurried!

Wishing all a wonderful Christmas.

Last edited:
This is my first SOTD post, sporting some early Xmas gifts fresh from Spain, delivered by my lovely sister in-law, home for the holidays.
I've thoroughly enjoyed looking after the pass around Fatboy, it's be been a joy and a learning experience.

This evenings shave ritual consisted of:

A hot shower
La Toja shave stick
Semogue 620 brush
Astra SP blade
1959 Fatboy Razor
Alum Block (no feedback) :)
La Toja balm
Floid Vigoroso Aftershave

f1aa4c1e1baa4ed527687892f7699d89.jpg

A lovely BBS shave all, ready for tomorrows merriments. Really enjoyed la toja products and my new brush is breaking in nicely. Not sure if the toja and floid scents really went together but they produced the desired smooth effect. Both have a big thumbs up from me.
One if not the best smelling balm out there.

Back
Top Bottom