S.O.T.D. Saturday 24th December to Friday 30th December 2016

Colonial 'The General' (silver head) + ATT Kronos handle, Feather Artist ProGuard (#5).
BSB Spain 400 aluminium handle, Silvertip knot.
Meißner Tremonia 'Pots of Milk' shaving paste.
KLAR 'Klassik' after shave.

ooVWWxc.jpg

The head of The Colonial is the best SE razor design I've used. May certainly buy a second silver edition.

First attempt with the Spanish BSB brush, the handle is pretty heavy (comparatively), the knot is a seemingly fair in performance Chinese-made one, and finally the handle is apparently a tad smaller (overall) than expected. Nonetheless, this brush design is becoming one of my favorites, so there's more to come on this front.

SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Soap: Stache SoapWorks Scottish Glen
Razor: Rockwell 6S (3)
Brush: Stirling Kong
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
A/S: Stache SoapWorks Scottish Glen
Balm: Stache SoapWorks Scottish Glen
I won a competition to name and come up with a scent for a new soap by Stache SoapWorks. Got to try it out along with the balm and aftershave. Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Patchouli and Vetiver. Very nice.

IMG_4179.JPG

31942888026_d1b7158c92_z.jpg

Le Pere Lucien Traditionnel, Kent BK4, Merkur Futur, Elios Inoxidable & L'Occitane Vetyver Edt.

My first go with the new shaving mug, it pretty good! Not really any different to the mug of water I was using but it looks a lot better and the dish on top is a handy place to keep the brush inbetween passes. Overall a nice close shave but I do find DE razors so very dull to use... As such I can't see me using the Futur many more times before it ends up in the BST ;)

That there is a shaving scuttle. very Victorian [emoji106]

Friday 30th

Greetings all...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Face lather
Razor - Gillette New OC
Blade - Gillette Nacet #2
Post - Thayer's and Tabac Original a/s

Smooth, close shave with the Gillette combo today; a very efficient performance between blade and razor. 3 passes and minimal touch-up. BBS.

IMHO, Tabac original is one of the very best non-artisan soaps out there. For glide, slickness and protection, it could easily contend as my desert island soap (assuming an abundance of fresh water).

Nicely complemented by the Tabac splash, too.

All the best, everyone,

Stephen.
20161230_153839.jpg

Friday AM 2016-12-30

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Shavemac Plexi 2-Band Silvertip (24mm/50mm)
Boellis Panama 1924 shaving soap
Feather AS-D2/Triad Titanium Blue Aristocrat
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool aftershave sample

The Boellis is one of the easiest soaps to lather for me, and it makes great lather. The Cool aftershave is much like Floid Blue but is notably cooler and somewhat less powdery, and I think it is more soothing.
qjLrocG.jpg

Friday 30 December.

Pre-Shave - Proraso green
Soap - Proraso green
Razor - 1930s Gillette Tech
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium

Lovely shave, 3 passes BBS, happy as a kid in a candy shop.

First ever use of Proraso pre-shave - Oh My goodness, what a sensation - backside kicking, eye watering - fantastic!

Razor: Gillette Slim K 4 1965
Blade: Voskhod Bocko II Teflon (7)
Brush: Elite Razor "Tres Amigos" Desert Ironwood Beehive w/Synthetic
Soap: Jeeves Soaps (Veteran Owned) Turkish Bath
Aftershave: Folsom Shambala

I was very happy with the performance of the Voskhod blade for seven shaves. I been a great month with some excellent shaves. Thanks to my Secret Santa for some excellent products and tools.
My next months focus will be on Route 66 Shave soaps and using a different shave brush each day. This way I will use brushes I tend to neglect.
I'm off to a grandsons hockey tournament tomorrow and will return Sunday.
30 12 16.jpg

Friday 30th

Greetings all...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Face lather
Razor - Gillette New OC
Blade - Gillette Nacet #2
Post - Thayer's and Tabac Original a/s

Smooth, close shave with the Gillette combo today; a very efficient performance between blade and razor. 3 passes and minimal touch-up. BBS.

IMHO, Tabac original is one of the very best non-artisan soaps out there. For glide, slickness and protection, it could easily contend as my desert island soap (assuming an abundance of fresh water).

Nicely complemented by the Tabac splash, too.

All the best, everyone,

Stephen.
View attachment 22903
I have quite a few soaps now but I have to say Tabac is rapidly becoming my number one, based on lather quality, ease of getting that lather, how your face feels during and post shave, and the scent of the soap. I agree that the scent is a bit of a marmite situation, but you can't deny the soaps capabilities, maybe my local soft water supply helps but getting a lather out of Tabac in my house is as easy as falling off a log.

I have quite a few soaps now but I have to say Tabac is rapidly becoming my number one, based on lather quality, ease of getting that lather, how your face feels during and post shave, and the scent of the soap. I agree that the scent is a bit of a marmite situation, but you can't deny the soaps capabilities, maybe my local soft water supply helps but getting a lather out of Tabac in my house is as easy as falling off a log.
I have Hard water in my area and it still creates a excellent lather..i totally agree with the post shave feeling..which is superb, i also really like the scent..but that's my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom