S.O.T.D. Saturday 24th December to Friday 30th December 2016

Monday AM 2016-12-26

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Rooney 1/1 Finest (22mm/49mm)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/UFO Tornado XL
Super-Max Super Platinum Tiger (6)
Penhaligon's English Fern aftershave (vintage)
cjvFpyE.jpg

So pleased with yesterday's performance, shimmed Damaskeene again, this time with a fresh GEM stainless and shave oil only. Unlike yesterday's carbon blade, this blade made it through the full head shave with flying colors, no temptation to touch up with the Hawk. I'll be able to judge this evening whether it shaves as close on the beard as its carbon brother but a superlative shave.

9640ca65c63a0d6c2ed3e47b48045644.jpg

15535586_380763595605221_8980060327060176896_n.jpg

Brush: Semogue 830
Razor: Hone Type 15
Soap: Crabtree and Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh
A/S: Crabtree and Evelyn Balm & Cologne

A full tilt Crabtree and Evelyn shave today, givenmy choice of scent I think it would have made more sense to have used it yesterday...

I personally quite enjoy the C&E soaps and in the two I own have been lucky enough to get the newst forumlations. Excellent lather and that scent is just so warm and inviting. The Hone razor is a heavy beast, two shaves in and I have enoyed them but still learning the razor. I don't find it as efficient as my Rockwell 6S, especially under the nose, but as I said I'm still learning the nuances of the razor. I am looking forward to seeing how the patina develops on the razor.

Pre: Gillette Series Irritation Defence Pre Shave Wash
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Junior #48
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver (1)
Soap: La Saponeria Artigiana Coconut
Brush: Muhle XL 25mm Synthetic
Post: Generic Witch Hazel & Gillette Series Irritation Defence Moisturiser

bf9f995faa9df7626856a77fa9f305e3.jpg

Another leisurely 2 pass shave today. I'm going to miss then when I get back to work.
I'm currently trying a few new razor / blade combinations and this is another which works very well.

SOTD 26-12-16
Handmade soap Le Père Lucien traditionnel
Brush Proyet badger two bands 26 mm fan in handle of centenary olive tree
Razor Guillermo Hoppe 24 8/8 Solingen
After shave & Eau de cologne Vorago
Yesterday there was work in the morning and I was charged the time my children took them to the movies, so the shave reserved for Christmas was today and is the one I present. This soap is one of the few vegans that has fallen well to my skin in protective foam, good slip of the razor and after shave sensation. The soft, smooth Proyet with excellent backbone as I enjoy it. The Hoppe in its second use, that big razor, took the hair of two days singing and sliding smoothly. Final blow with fragrances eighties, delicious. I am an inveterate sybarite. Where are you filming the first chapter of the next Miami Vice season?
497b5dab9c4af7d2788f9b8cdb490260.jpg

Enviado desde los dominios del lobo...

SOTD: 27th December 2016.
C.Tuesday's Shave..jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Peppermint & Eucalyptus shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

Bloom water face wash.

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Parker 92R.

Blade: Wilkinson Sword .(new)

Brush: Wilkinson Sword .

Soap:Grated Palmolive Shave Sticks . + 4 drops of Glycerine in the mixing bowl.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./ Morrison's Enrich Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Old Spice Aftershave.

First time outing of the Parker 92R, the wilkinson sword blade is a wonderful duo with the parker sharp & smooth..a excellent effortless 3 pass + pick up's silky smooth shave with no errors to report.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.;)

Back
Top Bottom