Zenith 506U TS
Haslinger Honey
Standard
Personna Lab Blue #2
Rinse>Alum>Rinse
Big Boar's No4 Bay Rum
Lisseáu Coconut Body Butter
zOqOhbO.jpg

DE time starts with my Standard, which with the Lab Blue gave a very easy, very close 3 pass.
The Lisseáu body butter came from my local Poundworld. It has a lovely coconut scent and absorbs quickly giving a great finish to the shave. Super value plus the tub can also be recycled as a soap container.

Tues 27th June

Omega s10065 Synthetic
OSP Bay Rum
Schick E2
Schick Proline Type B ( 1 )
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Bay Rum A/S Splash

I probably chose the best Injector to test out the AC Proline blade, namely the Schick E2. Initial passes were effective and smoother than when using other blades.
The combo came into its own when making polishing up strokes, wth a light touch I attained one of those ultra close Shaves,that only the E2 ot PAL Injector - Matic can deliver

IMG_1358.jpg

Last edited:
Tues 27th June

Omega s10065 Synthetic
OSP Bay Rum
Schick E2
Schick Proline Type B ( 1 )
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Bay Rum A/S Splash

I probably chose the best Injector to test out AC Proline blade, namely the Schick E2. Initial passes were effective and smoother than when using other blades.
The combo came into its own when making polishing up strokes, wth a light touch I attained one of those ultra close Shaves,that only the E2 ot PAL Injector - Matic can deliver

View attachment 26426
I'm looking forward to trying the B-20 in my E2, I'm pleased it has made it smoother. Smoother has got to be better! :)

Last edited:
35181104980_774dde4d8c_z.jpg

SOTD

D.R. Harris Lavender shave stick
Simpson CH2 Synthetic brush
Ever-Ready 1912 SE Razor
GEM Stainless Blade
Geo. F. Trumper Coral skin food AS
NOS Yardley Lavender EdT

I'm not naturally fond of lavender but many of the local gardens where I live have it growing in abundance so I get to smell it every time I take the dog for a walk, as such its grown on me lately so I've indulged in some lavender products... The D.R. Harris lavender soap is more of a herbal lavender, still pleasant but not as fresh as I would like (glad I only got the stick!) The NOS Yardley is absolutely wonderful, the exact scent I get from rubbing lavender flowers with my fingertips on a walk... This stuff is gold and I'm sad its been reformulated (the current stuff smells acrid) so I shall have to find a suitable substitute once this small bottle runs out, I hear good things about Atkinsons?

Another recent discovery and wonder product is the Trumper skin food, I went for the Harris aftershave milk first because general consensus online said it was the superior product, well having now tried them both I would say the Trumper is far better value, my face feels fantastic all day long after its use whereas the Harris aftershave milk is nice but nothing to write home about.

The 1912 continues to be a complete revelation, shaves with it are nearly as good as with a straight razor which is to say infinitely preferable to DE's. It so good I've bought another two this week :D

SOTD

Ever-Ready 1912 SE Razor
GEM Stainless Blade
NOS Yardley Lavender EdT

The 1912 continues to be a complete revelation, shaves with it are nearly as good as with a straight razor which is to say infinitely preferable to DE's. It so good I've bought another two this week :D
Well someone pipped an auction of one out of my hands at the very last second earlier. :p I wonder if that was you...

SOTD

Ever-Ready 1912 SE Razor
GEM Stainless Blade
NOS Yardley Lavender EdT

I'm not naturally fond of lavender but many of the local gardens where I live have it growing in abundance so I get to smell it every time I take the dog for a walk, as such its grown on me lately so I've indulged in some lavender products... The D.R. Harris lavender soap is more of a herbal lavender, still pleasant but not as fresh as I would like (glad I only got the stick!) The NOS Yardley is absolutely wonderful, the exact scent I get from rubbing lavender flowers with my fingertips on a walk... This stuff is gold and I'm sad its been reformulated (the current stuff smells acrid) so I shall have to find a suitable substitute once this small bottle runs out, I hear good things about Atkinsons?

Another recent discovery and wonder product is the Trumper skin food, I went for the Harris aftershave milk first because general consensus online said it was the superior product, well having now tried them both I would say the Trumper is far better value, my face feels fantastic all day long after its use whereas the Harris aftershave milk is nice but nothing to write home about.

You should try the lavender cologne from the Norfork Lavender company, they grow their own lavender and use the essential oil from their plants. I've bought some and think it's great, all natural no synthetics and a good price. Lovely razor by the way! :)

If it went for £12.70 then yes, we are! :) A very smart example from what I could tell - that being said I'm keen to try out electroplating on a DIY level so good condition isn't entirely imperative! :D

Edit: Also on the topic of lavender scents, check out Caldey Island Lavender. It's home-grown by the monks on Caldey island and they do a herbally-musky type lavender cologne and lavender A/s. The aftershave is more typically lavender oil, but the cologne is gorgeous smelling.

19425562_247989055689273_4990344074843127808_n.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 404 Grosvenor
Razor: Gibbs No 16
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (2)
Soap: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel & 4711 aftershave and cologne

Another great shave, the Gibbs is now 90% off the transfer list. Wickhams is a wonderful soap, amazing scent and lather. Brush aside due to rotation same again tomorrow! The Vulfix is a fantastic inexpensive brush, worth it for the handle alone.

SOTD

Ever-Ready 1912 SE Razor
GEM Stainless Blade
NOS Yardley Lavender EdT

There are a few different ones, such as the Peerless & Bathroom set with Aluminium Handles. I have duplicates of those with cases if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom