35181104980_774dde4d8c_z.jpg

SOTD

D.R. Harris Lavender shave stick
Simpson CH2 Synthetic brush
Ever-Ready 1912 SE Razor
GEM Stainless Blade
Geo. F. Trumper Coral skin food AS
NOS Yardley Lavender EdT

I'm not naturally fond of lavender but many of the local gardens where I live have it growing in abundance so I get to smell it every time I take the dog for a walk, as such its grown on me lately so I've indulged in some lavender products... The D.R. Harris lavender soap is more of a herbal lavender, still pleasant but not as fresh as I would like (glad I only got the stick!) The NOS Yardley is absolutely wonderful, the exact scent I get from rubbing lavender flowers with my fingertips on a walk... This stuff is gold and I'm sad its been reformulated (the current stuff smells acrid) so I shall have to find a suitable substitute once this small bottle runs out, I hear good things about Atkinsons?

Another recent discovery and wonder product is the Trumper skin food, I went for the Harris aftershave milk first because general consensus online said it was the superior product, well having now tried them both I would say the Trumper is far better value, my face feels fantastic all day long after its use whereas the Harris aftershave milk is nice but nothing to write home about.

The 1912 continues to be a complete revelation, shaves with it are nearly as good as with a straight razor which is to say infinitely preferable to DE's. It so good I've bought another two this week :D
The 1912 variants really are great. Especially the Made in England chaps with that lovely Art Deco handle. Mine languishes happily within its jade bakelite box and periodically comes out for a stellar shave.

Tried my new New long tooth (Thanks @wazza ).
I thought I would pit it against a short comb, so I loaded them both with a new Astra SP, face lathered with a Vie-Long13052 and MWF, and set about the task.
Result: both gave an excellent DFS 2 pass WTG XTG shave.
I could feel the blade a little more with the long tooth but it wasn't aggressive.
To make sure, I reached for the alum block and both sides of my face were completely sting free, finished of with a splash of 4711 AS.
IMG_20170627_175630.jpg

Tuesday (Como - humid and thundery)
Pre - Proraso M&E
Soap - Proraso M&E
Brush - Omega Mixed Midget bodger
Face lather
Razor - 1968 Gillette Aluminium Tech (U.K)
Blade - Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Proraso White balm and M&E pre-shave
A/s - Proraso M&E

When in Italy, etc.

Gentle razor, efficient blade. 3 passes and a wee touch up. Face cool, smooth and smelling just great. I wouldn't normally use the pre post but I fancied the freeze.
20170627_185856.jpg

35181104980_774dde4d8c_z.jpg

SOTD

D.R. Harris Lavender shave stick
Simpson CH2 Synthetic brush
Ever-Ready 1912 SE Razor
GEM Stainless Blade
Geo. F. Trumper Coral skin food AS
NOS Yardley Lavender EdT

I'm not naturally fond of lavender but many of the local gardens where I live have it growing in abundance so I get to smell it every time I take the dog for a walk, as such its grown on me lately so I've indulged in some lavender products... The D.R. Harris lavender soap is more of a herbal lavender, still pleasant but not as fresh as I would like (glad I only got the stick!) The NOS Yardley is absolutely wonderful, the exact scent I get from rubbing lavender flowers with my fingertips on a walk... This stuff is gold and I'm sad its been reformulated (the current stuff smells acrid) so I shall have to find a suitable substitute once this small bottle runs out, I hear good things about Atkinsons?

Another recent discovery and wonder product is the Trumper skin food, I went for the Harris aftershave milk first because general consensus online said it was the superior product, well having now tried them both I would say the Trumper is far better value, my face feels fantastic all day long after its use whereas the Harris aftershave milk is nice but nothing to write home about.

The 1912 continues to be a complete revelation, shaves with it are nearly as good as with a straight razor which is to say infinitely preferable to DE's. It so good I've bought another two this week :D
There are a few different ones, such as the Peerless & Bathroom set with Aluminium Handles. I have duplicates of those with cases if you are interested.
Thank you for the thought but I'm all spent out at the moment, get back to me in a month! :D
Just PM me when you are ready. I have a spare Streamline/Jewel that is the one in the steel case .

IMG_0959.jpg

Tuesday 27th June 2017
SOTD 27 Jun.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (#1)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Cream: Taylors of Old Bond Street Aloe Vera
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: Lucido Lotion

First of all I would like to say a huge thanks to @Blackmass for posting a link to this video View: . After watching this last night I followed the guys advice on how to shave with a OneBlade, I tried a few dry runs before going to bed by removing the blade and practising on my wet face.

And the result today was? Well I can confidently say clearly my previous shaves with the OneBlade were not getting anywhere near the best out of it. Today was super close, I had not been holding the razor correctly or using enough pressure. It took quite a bit of effort to switch my brain off from wanting to not apply pressure, but it was worth it. As well as needing to apply more pressure the other key thing was to hold the razor against the face with the head flexed, the head needs to sit mid way through its flex range so that it can flex either way as you move across your face. Just watch the video above if you are not already in the know.

So the result on my fourth shave was a really close and smooth shave, the technique is different from using a regular safety razor and more like a multi blade Cartridge, but with even more pressure. For a while I was thinking how can all these OneBlade owners get such good shaves, well now I know.

Last edited:
Tried my new New long tooth (Thanks @wazza ).
I thought I would pit it against a short comb, so I loaded them both with a new Astra SP, face lathered with a Vie-Long13052 and MWF, and set about the task.
Result: both gave an excellent DFS 2 pass WTG XTG shave.
I could feel the blade a little more with the long tooth but it wasn't aggressive.
To make sure, I reached for the alum block and both sides of my face were completely sting free, finished of with a splash of 4711 AS.
View attachment 26438
Looking good and sounds like a great shave. Glad you're enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom