View attachment 26372

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (#2)
Brush: Maseto Fan Shape 2 band finest 30mm
Soap: la Toja stick
Post: Alum Block, Cold water and Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel
AS: La Toja AS Lotion

Today's shave was pretty much the same as yesterdays, possibly a tad closer. One issue was I struggled right where my top lip meets the underside of my nose, oddly I managed OK yesterday but today seemed a right faff as there were a few bits missed. Which is something I often found using Cartridges especially the Fusion carts but even with Mach 3 carts sometimes.

The Maseto brush is fantastic, really pleased with this brush, now I wonder what the Maseto Silvertips are like...........

@Bizzyberry - 'The Maseto brush is fantastic, really pleased with this brush, now I wonder what the Maseto Silvertips are like...........' - I'll let you know my impressions - if you're interested. One on the way to me tomorrow. I.

SOTD_20170626-1024x768.png

• Safety Razor: iKon - #101 OSS - OC side
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: RazoRock - Plissoft Italian Barber (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger - ND46
  • Shaving Cream: Arko - Comfort
  • Alum: De Vergulde Hand - Alum Block
  • After-Shave: Arko - Icey Mint - Cologne, Arko - Cool - Balm

image.jpg SOTD Monday 26th June

Prep....shower, olive oil soap
Razor....Supply SE #3
Blade....Schick Proline B-20
Soap....Pre de Provence 63
Brush....Semouge badger
Post....BBA post shave balm
Scent....Club de nuit intense man

A different blade in the supply today with thanks to @mpf9ret for sending me a couple to try while I'm waiting for mine to ship from Japan and I have to say I'm very impressed with the B-20's in the Supply, thanks Mike.
A great shave was had the blade was not only very sharp but smooth as well and left me smooth to the touch with zero irritation.
Finnished off with the best post shave balm I've ever used and I'm not saying that because it was a freebee, I bought this one myself ,BBA post shave balm, top stuff!
My scent for today was Club de nuit intense man, a perfect finnish to a perfect shave :)

Whishing you all a great day......:)

View attachment 26384 SOTD Monday 26th June

Prep....shower, olive oil soap
Razor....Supply SE #3
Blade....Schick Proline B-20
Soap....Pre de Provence 63
Brush....Semouge badger
Post....BBA post shave balm
Scent....Club de nuit intense man

A different blade in the supply today with thanks to @mpf9ret for sending me a couple to try while I'm waiting for mine to ship from Japan and I have to say I'm very impressed with the B-20's in the Supply, thanks Mike.
A great shave was had the blade was not only very sharp but smooth as well and left me smooth to the touch with zero irritation.
Finnished off with the best post shave balm I've ever used and I'm not saying that because it was a freebee, I bought this one myself ,BBA post shave balm, top stuff!
My scent for today was Club de nuit intense man, a perfect finnish to a perfect shave :)

Whishing you all a great day......:)
Firsts for both of us Today. I used a Feather Pro in a Claymore V1 for the first time.Felt the need for
care, rewarded by Super Quality Shave.
Mike

Mon 26th June

Omega 11137 boar
P & B Spitfire
ES Claymore V1
Feather Pro [ 1 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

A big decision this morning as a bit wary of this Razor/ Blade combination, was I going to master the Weight/ Sharpness of the two. Took the plunge and for the first time in over 40 shaves tried out the Feather Pro in the Claymore.

Have read of tales of bloodshed with this blade, but I have used it in the Brass General with some success. Am rather glad that I put it off , as I am really conversant with the Claymore now so was able to handle it well with this sharp blade. Though I could feel that mistakes would be punished I managed to avoid them, and was rewarded by a very smooth and to be honest perhaps the closest of Shaves ever with this Razor. Not sure that this combo would make an ideal Daily Shave set, and for that I would choose the more forgiving Schick Proline blade for that if The Claymore was my only Razor.

IMG_1357.jpg

0DF20424-80A7-474C-9889-EB962BC6C094_zpsc9n04yku.jpg

Pre: Washpool Farm Facial Cleansing soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Scrub: Penhaligon's 33
Soap: Reef Point Dragon's Blood
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword (2)
A/S: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Second outing with contents of the box. I am deliberating choosing products I've not tried before but have interested me.
The Penhaligon's scrub had the feel and scent befitting of a top quality product.
It was an effortless three pass shave - good quality lather and performance from the Reef Point soap, and a very exotic scent.
The Clubman special reserve aftershave is very different to original Clubman - the special reserve is a darker woods/musk affair, with surprising good staying power for an aftershave. The scent grew on me during the dry down; definitely something I would consider again

ZwsIa1sfEr_s4OorqlI1y-CwlHocAA2_l_Zpn1FgoCZwmgAYQYmu4YQnWzo_VovZVqOr1h4AzDcfBLO3iXyhNOLlxedCJnHYKkyk9MR1EZyeeiD2W8I6RPbAD6pIEnEiweoRUnocqU87Esk3lIO1mycjgslqPuim_CWT-yRuzXAcid1n3r7RyD6pc53QzE47npo7MScb3BfTMlHKH4IxaEUTrix25riwLPnFuFG_Gns3CQ_3lg7c56wRR9uP1S-DwQ0tK6hCP-_iSTX6Sc5ufWS9GL-9eMUEeTKUaId0rvQtRc7C0FTFd8c_Q6aDrxfwU9JZ-F95S_gxmWZN89F3yuUrRwKobvq8HKZt1Fmy40YvxwFZrySKSqGRTRL0SQKqOgEcfnVpTS5gTm98OfpHlflSJvYUAr9YvmF2zDmOs7QGVeVe875uJ1IhVnLlBi2IifjKE0XsQCXE2l_ut6cZszD3UcU2xSnjZo4r8LOb21i3ysZ-ignFEz2ez_cpEiH72C1atJLp9AN-P-9P_oGvkK9wWMNddVAhRnGX2u7GqNwhT729DcQf8u8o-3QQAT6QXkdMXddTT_zj2FhIFq4bMnIqXrzMCxuRSeeJSur24hc7LQluV7Jn2Q=w879-h659-no

Brush: Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Razor: Gibbs No 16
Blade: Rapira Super Stainless (1)
Soap: Wickhams 1912 Club Cola
Post: Thayers Rose, Aloe Vera Gel & Crabtree and Evelyn Neroli

Club Cola is our tipple for this week, very nice start to the week too. A rather pleasant day here and a great shave to boot. Can't go wrong with any of the products featured today.

Back
Top Bottom