iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 26 June 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Cream/Soap: - Stirling Island Man 3x
Razor: - Colonial General Aluminum Head with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Schick Proline P-30 #10
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Rose Petal' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

giphy.gif

That's the end of the Schick Proline P-30 SE blade life with a total maximum of 10 shaves with the Colonial General razor and my stubble, I was hoping the Schick Proline SE blade could reach up to a maximum of 20 shaves.

giphy.gif

WOW!! I'm totally shocked.

My next shave with a new blade with the Colonial General will be the Feather Pro and after that.....the next blade will be the Feather Pro Super.

Well, yesterday I had my first shave for 5 days after an appalling first shave with the Rocnel GEM. I needed to give my face a rest after the first shave and this shave was met with a little trepidation.

Lathering up with the fantastic Shavemac ATG Unique knot, using the wonderful 1912 English Rose, started the shave off in a great way. Copious lather, wonderfully scented.

On to the shave and I was in for a surprise. I actually had a very, very good shave. Two passes and I was smooth all over. I had three or four small weepers on my neck, but other than that, I was pleasantly surprised. I'll have a two or three more shaves with this and get it sent to the next member on Thursday so it arrives in time for the weekend... let's see if it continues to deliver!

img_20170625_173249-01-jpeg.13841

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 26 June 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Cream/Soap: - Stirling Island Man 3x
Razor: - Colonial General Aluminum Head with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Schick Proline P-30 #10
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Rose Petal' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

giphy.gif

That's the end of the Schick Proline P-30 SE blade life with a total maximum of 10 shaves with the Colonial General razor and my stubble, I was hoping the Schick Proline SE blade could reach up to a maximum of 20 shaves.

giphy.gif

WOW!! I'm totally shocked.

My next shave with a new blade with the Colonial General will be the Feather Pro and after that.....the next blade will be the Feather Pro Super.
I find the pro super in the general to be a fantastic combo :)

@Blademonkey how many maximum total number of shaves have you've reach with your stubble??
Ok, I changed the blade after shave 10, I could have got a few more shaves out of it but it was not at its optimum for shaving as I like. I don't mind getting ten very good shaves from one blade and I never push a blade for more when I feel it's dropping off in sharpness. I only use most DE blades twice, blades are cheap enough to bin when they are not as sharp as when first used.

Last edited:
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #1)
Blade – Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush - New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap – Maggard's - Tobacco & Leather
Post - Cold water rinse / Wholly Kaw: Cuero Oscuro Aftershave Toner

Although #1 is a touch too mild for me, ‘The Rock'/Polsilver combo delivered a lovely BBS shave..

Wash with Nivea Men Sensitive
Pre De Provence No63
RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir
EJ DE89L/ Astra SP (2)
Hot/cold rinse
Witchhazel/peppermint mixture
Proraso Green ASL

Three passes without any cuts or nicks
The shave would've been smoother if I had used some pre shave, but still a good result.

I've been off work with lower back pain since Friday lunchtime. It was bought on by climbing up and down ladders and over reaching to get the job done.
This was my first shave since last Thursday.
My good friend codIene phosphate is beginning to kick in, so this fine piece of music is quite fitting. . .

Back
Top Bottom