S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th Febuary to Friday 3rd March 2017

lxrkvcYh.jpg

Keeping it clean & classic today!

Sunday's shave.

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Kiehl's Ultra Face Cleaner and Village Barbour Pre Shave Oil.
Razor - Hone 15a (Black)
Blade - Feather Hi-stainless (day 1).
Soap - Executive Shaving Bay Rum Shaving Cream
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Synthetic.
Post shave - Cold water rinse, D.R. Harris Facial Tonic, followed by organic aloe-vera gell topped off with D.R Harris Bay Rum Aftershave splash.

Great shave, the Feather made a difference for me (and I appreciate YMMV) with the Hone. Previously used a Astra SP with the Hone and while this was a good shave, it was on the mild side for me, where I needed 4 passes. With the Feather this was a two pass shave with some touch-ups required.

The Bay rum shave cream worked well, good lubrication and cushioning.

Have a great Sunday.

Chris

Sunday 26 February 2017

eLru1MuDgc1ALlhkcPnmqvjkLXwKvXwd714hoJo-_y0KIc264Og_ffhgpclXuz99coJQJ0osTjWgCFrJODL04yaaGQGMO3bTOA=w1920-h1080-no

Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point

Mastro Livi Grifetto is an amazing straight razor and, in particular Grifetto 60, is really special. This straight razor celebrates sixty years of Mastro Livi dedicated to straight razor making, restoration and revaluation. It shaves very well giving a very smooth shave with no irritations of the skin. Grifetto is one of the many proofs of how Mastro Livi works stainless steel in making superb straight razors. For today's shave I used a couple of English products made by Truefitt & Hills and Geo F. Trumper. It was in fact quite a long time I was not using products from these two prestigious English companies.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Perugia Best Badger, Olive Handle, 24 mm Knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Geo F. Trumper Eucris Eau de Toilette

For some unknown reason I do not like it all, and if it is in a nicely composed SOTD I cannot press like.
Not keen on dice or skulls in photos too, just goes to prove we have different tastes, some of which are
maybe not explainable.
Are we talking about the Darwin razor? I've always liked the look of the Darwin but each to their own , :) I tend to press like on the SOTDs because someone has taken the time to take a shot and then post for us all to see, if they are outstanding (imo ) I may leave a message as well. Some people can take a better picture than others but even if they are not top spec shots at least they have had a go, my pictures are put to shame by some but I still post mine none the less. :)

Last edited:
Found out the hard way that 2 of my blades simply do not work for me when used in combination with my EJ 3D Laser Diamond. I tried a Voskhod which felt as rough as a badgers butt so I swapped for a Polsilver SI with which is got 2 or 3 weepers. Bad day at the office, well shave den.

Tomorrow will be back to a trusted combination.

Damaskeene with a vintage Blue Star did commendably well but needed help from the Shake Sharp. While they are excellent beard slayers I don't find any of the GEM blade razors can go ATG on my crown stubble nearly as well as injector or DE bladed units much as I love the Damaskeene and its extended family. And I can't get Mr Cueball without that ATG action. SAD.
8a23d3ba224796e5bf9897fafd3c24a8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom