S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th May to Friday 31th May 2013 ...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac D01 two band
Razor: C V Heljestrand no 9½ from Eskilstuna Sweden
Soap/edt: Penhaligon's English Fern
AS: 4711
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Take a note of this day, Gentlemen, this setup gave me the best shave ever made, in human kinds history. I'm proud to have been part of this historic event :D

Greetings

Saturday 25th May 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick J3 Golden 500
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Soap: Nanny's Silly Soap Marzipan/Olive Oil
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A really nice shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04345.JPG

Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (dated 1991)
Henk walnut silvertip
New Standard with Rapira Super Stainless (2)
Boots Freshwood balm

Great shave. First time with this soap and it's excellent. I started off with an Old Type with the Rapira but that wasn't great. I really can't get the hang of Olds. Always feels like they want to scrape no matter what blade or angle and there's no real blade gap to speak of

Afternoon, all.

Saturday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Schick Injector E3
Blade: Schick Injector (1)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Monsavon
A/S: Sierra Stetson
Cologne: Sierra Stetson

I got hold af this injector a while back but misplaced it. After stumbling across it earlier this week, I thought it was time to give it a try. Very good shave. It felt a bit different compared to a DE, but it gave me a smooth, irritation-free face. Lots of fun.

Satyrday 05-25-13. MUSIC: Big Mama Thornton - With the Muddy Waters Blues Band (1966).

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DKp9NmUHRw[/video]

926299d3-c932-4b8a-ba17-15a3cb10a996.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Morris & Forndran blonde badger 25X53 - Gillette Fat Boy - Iridium Super #1 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving cream Lavanda Ach. Brito - Alum block - Thayers Original Aloe Vera - ASB Castle & Forbes Lavender - ASL Lavanda Ach. Brito.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage rebranded Simpsons best
'Webly'/Tungsten Personna 74 (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Neutrogena oil free moisturer
Aramis 'Havana' EdT (old juice)

Truly a perfect shave with the razor/blade/soap trio. I will rarely use the 74 since I only have a couple remaining. I understand why these blades sell for as much as they do. Heh, the one before this was used for 15 shaves, which is pretty nuts.

BBS results,

Martin

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
New Forest 1901, Nanny's Cedarwood and Vetyver hard soap
ATT Titan M1, Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

First go with the Titan M1... lovely smooth shave with no weepers or irritation.... it's a good start.
Now to get out in the garden with a cigar and a beer before the sun goes in...

Todays Shave

imageerc.jpg

Valet Auto Strop
Feather Blade
Kent BK12
TOBS Sandalwood/Geo.F.Trumper Sandalwood SkinFood
Blue Stratos Aftershave Splash

Result a lovely BSS WTG

Prep: Shower
Scuttle: Schwarzweisskeramik
Razor: Packwood 5/8" wedge
Brush: Thater 4125/00 2-band fan
Cream: Castle Forbes Lime
Astringent: Osma Alum
Aftershave: TOBS No.74 Victorian Lime
Eau de Toilette: Penhaligon's Castile

SOTD-13-05-25_zps5d0bc45e.jpg

Notes: Fairly good shave - not quite effortless, but component nonetheless. Good, clean result, very little sting.

mPx7bpj.jpg

MRGLO
R.W & Co 6/8 "Caledonia"
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM PTFE Blade
DR Harris Windsor
Duke 2 Pure
Floris Cefiro

OK shave. Think I got a bit sunburnt yesterday as the straight was quite sore. Had to resort to the Streamline to finish it off.

Saturday 25th May

sotd25513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Sir Irisch moos cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Commodore x3 best badger brush
Gillette 1925 Old type ball end
Polsilver super iridium (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Sir Irisch moos aftershave balsam

Close, clean shave. The Old type can bite when you feel like you have it tamed :icon_evil: couple of tiny nicks the razor saying I'm 88yrs old and the grand daddy. They soon stopped by the time to do the cold rinse, all is well now :icon_razz:

Brian

Mikael said:
Result: Uberclean :D[/b]
Take a note of this day, Gentlemen, this setup gave me the best shave ever made, in human kinds history. I'm proud to have been part of this historic event :D

Speaking for everyone here, I feel lucky to even know you! I can now tell people that I am sorta buddies with a guy who got the best possible shave.

Heh, it's probably just you enjoying the cloudberry 'elixer I would guess. Tastes a little better than cough medicine, from what you've said.

Thank you very much for including us all in your circle of associates, even we are mostly on the outside looking in.

Martini

dodgy said:
Mikael said:
Result: Uberclean :D[/b]

Speaking for everyone here, I feel lucky to even know you! I can now tell people that I am sorta buddies with a guy who got the best possible shave.

Heh, it's probably just you enjoying the cloudberry 'elixer I would guess. Tastes a little better than cough medicine, from what you've said.

Thank you very much for including us all in your circle of associates, even we are mostly on the outside looking in.

Martini

You know, looking in from the outside just ain't no good Marty, you should step inside micky's inner circle, yes I think that's a good idear! But sigh no you don't shave with a straight razor, you could just lend one from Micky ( I happen to know he's got lots of them, all shave ready)

I herd on the grape vine allso that he's got one in a glass case just for you. Still only a matter of time befoure you cave in to micky's charm.:icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom