S.O.T.D. Saturday 25th May to Friday 31th May 2013 ...

Afternoon, all.

Friday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Schick Injector E3
Blade: Schick Injector (7)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Arko stick
A/S: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Nautica Voyage

Sensiface, I find the Claus Porto Lime soap does a great job prepping my beard and hope you'll be pleased with it, too.

Another good, close shave with no irritation, but I can get just as good shaves with my EJ or the cheap Yuma with less effort. Perhaps I should keep an eye out for the Schick G, as Norfolk Dick recommends.

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
New Forest 1901, MWF
Merkur Progress (2.5, 2), Rapira SS (3)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother
Gucci Guilty Intense Cologne

Just confirmed that yesterday's amazing shave with the Progress wasn't a fluke. Turned it up a notch, but stuck with #2 on my lower neck... worked a treat. I like it more than my Weber at the moment, never thought I'd say that.
I've enjoyed using the MWF a bit more this week... haven't used it every single day, but given it a good go. It's a great soap

Friday

Prep: Hot towels and T&H Pre-Shave Oil
Cream: GFT Almond Cream Face Lathered
Brush: TOBS XL Silvertip
Razor: Newly Acquired Mergress XL on 1.5 then 2.5
Blade: Permasharp Super

A brilliant three pass shave. The Mergress XL is now my joint favourite razor (along with my 39C Slant). Absolutely a delight to use!

David

Friday 31st May

sotd31513.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Speick cream scuttle lathered
Simpson 56 best badger brush
Gillette 1953 Milord
Rapira Swedish (2)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Speick aftershave

Close and comfortable shave very nice :icon_smile:

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Myers & Son 6/8"  hollow ground
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 in two-band Super
Soap: Pre de Provence

Very nice apart from being back to my usual 630 am.

Proraso pre
Omega 37 Boar
WM Neumann's Bay Rum
Merkur 34c HD
Gillette Silver Blues (1)
Thayer's Superhazel
L'Occitane Cade ASB

No nicks or cuts. Nice blade. Nice all round actually.
[attachment=7410]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370030441.022001.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370030441.022001.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 12
Never been one to say I told you so, but......

:icon_razz:

Can't beat a razor from the company Weber took its design from

:icon_razz:

They are a cracking shave, so long as you are not daft enough to wind it up to 5 or something :)

WiffWaff said:
Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
New Forest 1901, MWF
Cold splash, alum block

Just confirmed that yesterday's amazing shave with the Progress wasn't a fluke. Turned it up a notch, but stuck with #2 on my lower neck... worked a treat. I like it more than my Weber at the moment, never thought I'd say that.
I've enjoyed using the MWF a bit more this week... haven't used it every single day, but given it a good go. It's a great soap

WiffWaff said:
Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
New Forest 1901, MWF
Cold splash, alum block

Wow high enabling praise indeed. I've banned myself from acquiring another razor for at least a few months once my Fatboy comes through.

Miracle shave today.

Well, I've been DE shaving since Christmas. My brother recently bought me a shavette, and dropped it off to me tonight. Not much experience, but thought what's the worst that could happen?

Face lathered up some Groomed cream with my NF 2213 Silvertip, and went to town with my cheapo barber blades shavette, with half a pink n black Rapira loaded in it. 3 wtg passes (slightly across on the moustache area, slightly against on the chin on one pass) and I have a respectable shave. There's less hair than before, no where near BBS, not DFS, but enough to make me want to master this shavette. The most shocking thing being I still have all of my appendages! 3 small nicks, sorted with a squirt of witch hazel.

My worst (in terms of closeness) shave in a while, but one that has made me happy indeed!

p.b said:
SmallBeard said:
My brother recently bought me a shavette... Not much experience, but thought what's the worst that could happen?

That's the spirit :icon_biggrin:

That's brotherly love that is......now where did I put that first aid kit.......its round here some where....awrr fuckit :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Surprisingly John, it wasn't half bad! My chin, somehow, is the closest part of the shave, while the moustache area leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe his plan backfired ;). We are twins, so it's been a lifetime of 'one-upmanship', but he didn't ruin my dazzling looks* by providing me with this nasty bugger. I thought I'd made a nice flap of skin on my chin though, and immediately pulled away, but to my surprise it's still intact. Round two tonight, that first aid kit might be necessary after all.....

*joke, I'm one ugly f****r really.

SmallBeard said:
Surprisingly John, it wasn't half bad! My chin, somehow, is the closest part of the shave, while the moustache area leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe his plan backfired ;). We are twins, so it's been a lifetime of 'one-upmanship', but he didn't ruin my dazzling looks* by providing me with this nasty bugger. I thought I'd made a nice flap of skin on my chin though, and immediately pulled away, but to my surprise it's still intact. Round two tonight, that first aid kit might be necessary after all.....

*joke, I'm one ugly f****r really.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Daddy told me enough to get the jest of it all :icon_razz: I did laugh, interesting that your chin is the best part of the shave,normally the cheeks are the best parts (on the face, not your arse, if brother is looking at this) that razor was going to bite all right, but you got away with it for now, but like the terminator, He'll be back, see if you can get a better shave with it than he did, just for the sake of "one-upmanship" then you should rub his nose in a pile of dog shit :p:p

Haha, you know too well then John! It is amusing though, well it amuses both of us clearly.

I thought that too, it may be because of the ATG I went on one pass there. The cheeks were the easiest to shave though, definitely the most comfortable part of the shave, but as I just went WTG there, it isn't as close. I've never been very good with the grain.

I think I'll perfect facial shaving before I move onto my arse. If it's all the same to you ;) :icon_razz:.

I'm already winning in that respect, he had one shave, did half his cheek and slashed into his face then gave up. At least I finished a shave :D. I was first born, so I won that race. He'll always be second best! Haha

SmallBeard said:
Haha, you know too well then John! It is amusing though, well it amuses both of us clearly.

I thought that too, it may be because of the ATG I went on one pass there. The cheeks were the easiest to shave though, definitely the most comfortable part of the shave, but as I just went WTG there, it isn't as close. I've never been very good with the grain.

I think I'll perfect facial shaving before I move onto my arse. If it's all the same to you ;) :icon_razz:.

I'm already winning in that respect, he had one shave, did half his cheek and slashed into his face then gave up. At least I finished a shave :D. I was first born, so I won that race. He'll always be second best! Haha
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Once a Loser, aways a Loser, I guess he will always be second :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: probably wise not to shave your arse.....one slip and you've got a new butt hole to worry about:icon_eek:

Back
Top Bottom