Brush: Semogue 2012 SE OC Mixed
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Lalique Encre Noir

Regards
Dick.

DSC05635.JPG

SOTD 25 OCtober

Trying out a razor I have had for some time but never got around to using.
A 1933 Century OC. I guess I will see how it performs.

15621189111_92be0e2fd5_c.jpg

Fido said:
Strange experience? Used TOBS Mr Taylor for several days in succession. Couldn't bear the scent today. Switched to another cream. A case of familiarity breeds .......... ?

I have the same experience if I use certain scents for too many days in a row. Usually very strong scents cause this.

Prep - Warm shower, glycerine soap, *pre-lathered, hot flannel
Razor - Slim Adjustable
Blade - Astra SP (#6 - I love these blades!)
Brush - Omega 20106
Soap - *Arko with 1 drop Rosemary / 1 drop Lemongrass essential oils / 5 drops coconut oil
Passes - WTG / ATG, quick little buff here and there.
After - Alum block, left for 5 mins then a splash of witch hazel
Result - The most ridiculously BBS and comfortable shave I've ever had. The scent was intoxicating and the lather was like the mallow in a Tunnocks teacake. I can only put this down to the coconut oil. I've never had such a good preparation and it feels like I've been really pampered! This was my first time using witch hazel (14% alcohol) and like DE, I wish I'd found this sooner. I'd also never tried lathering up before steaming my beard with the flannel. This was probably why I only needed two passes and little buffing below my jawline. I'm also amazed that this is the sixth shave on this Astra SP.

Saturday

Afternoon, everybody.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Treet Durasharp (1)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Wickham's Coconut
Aftershave: Hai Karate
Cologne: Giorgio Beverly Hills

Excellent and groovy BBS

RazoR'OC'k-tober (25 Oct)
Pre: RazoRock/HTGAM mentholated lime soap
Soap: Super Smooth - Wickham Soap Co. - Bay rum
Brush: 22mm HMW custom birthday coin brush
Razor 1: Wadsworth XLNT
Razor 2: Ikon OSS
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock black (3)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by UK Barbershop "Bay Rum"

This is my last "at home" shave since I'll be traveling for business next week so I thought I'd treat myself. Wickham's soap lathered so easy I felt guilty. Wadsworth got a fresh edge (thanks Jamie!) and the shave was eXceLeNT! I always say you can never have enough naked women in your bathroom! :D Finished with SunburyBoy's bay rum. Perfect.
IMG_20141025_152419.jpg

First use of the Tabula Rasa Steam Punk shaving soap. Scent was very pleasant but not amazing in any way but it's performance was excellent. I'm now intrigued by the other scents... Another first with the Myrsol Metilsol: very nice. I've been using Le Pere Lucien ASL for a good couple of months and the Mysrol made me realise that the LPL has been leaving my skin a little oily when it first dries. The Metilsol left my skin much drier and smoother which I much prefer.

SATURDAY MORNING

Pre: Hot rinse & Prep cream
Cream: Speick
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 2-band
Razor: Joseph Allen 6/8 hollow ground
EDT: Encre Noire

Full three pass shave with the above straight which I also honed myself. Good stuff!

Not BBS, but a pretty reasonable result. Was more relieved at the lack of claret!

The Speick cream is very good stuff, and I really like Encre Noire.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 rebranded Macys large silvertip flopmeister
'Webly'/Gillette Super Stainless (NOS 1992)
Xpec SC
Malizia Vetyver AS
more Malizia used liberally as cologne

Wanted to use one more of these blades to make sure I like em enough to try and buy some extras. Yep, they're good so hopefully I will get lucky. Smooth and forgiving and better than many of the currently made blades I have tried.

Jeeez, I am sorta on a mini Xpec jag at the moment. I reach for other nice items but right now this stuff is what my brain craves most days. Sigh, it must be the 'crack' of shaving cream.

BBS results,

Martin

Haslinger Schafmilch
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
ATT M2 Kronos
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (1)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 ASB
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 EDT

Comfortable shave after yesterday's so-so result :)

Bay Rum theme today:
Pre: hot wash with dove soap
Brush: Vie-Long Horse.
Soap: Whickham Super Smooth Bay Rum.
Razor: Kropp 6/8
AS: Bejamins Bay Rum.

Nice smooth shave on most parts, first time I have exclusively used a straight without a DE touchup. Only rough Parts were chin under the nose and a particularly troublesome part of my neck and then only rubbing against the grain. The super smooth is a pleasure to use with plenty of slick lather and a very nice Bay rum smell.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom