Afternoon, everyone.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Laser Ultra (2)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave cream: RSC
Aftershave: Yellow Ginger
Cologne: Rive Gauche Intense

Another very good shave. Because of work commitments for the next few weeks, I'll need to shave very quickly so I'll by trying the Lidl's Cien Men two-blade cartridge system and maybe some of my brushless creams as well.

Prep- Cold water splash
Soap- Wickham Bay Rum
Brush- Men-U
Razors- Valet VC4+ Muhle R89
Blades- Feather [3]+ Personna Lab blue [3]
Post- alum, Speick AS

Switched razor after first pass due to feather started dragging badly, Lab blue finished the job to give a dfs.

Hot shower
Proraso pre/post
NF Tubby 2 band
Mr Taylors cream
Puma 81 solingen
Floid vigaroso

[attachment=11281]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406485196589.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406485196589.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 28
By 'eck, there's a fair raised standard of photography and of kit showing up here! Is this the effect of the Calendar Competition each month, do you suppose?

Cold water splash
D.R. Harris Windsor shaving soap
M&F Blonde Badger
ATT M2 Kronos
Sputnik (3)
Clinique Post-Shave Healer
D.R. Harris Windsor EdT

KoS Oil
BIC 1
Witch Hazel
Pitralon

Got 2 weeks off work so thought I'd experiment a little bit. Not used oil on it's own for about 4 years and that was with a Mach 3. Two passes and it doesn't seem that bad really. The Pitralon stung more than usual and my face is slightly too shiny afterwards but overall not a bad shave. My only worry is what my face will be like the morning.

Off on our "staycation" tomorrow, a.k.a not having to cart the whole house on a plane but shoehorning it into the boot of a Ford Focus!!

Enjoy your week gents!

IMG_6456.JPG

Shower
Wickham's Spice Trade (Hard Soap)
Kent Infinity Silvertex
GEM Micromatic Flying Wing (Plastic Bullet Tip)
GEM Stainless Coated [3]
Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Old Spice Aftershave

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & XTG

My first go with this particular Flying Wing. It's a mild shave, which was just right after last evening's shave with the Le Grelot and its yawning blade gap! This razor looks a little crusty on the handle, but the business end is all good.

My first go also with Wickham's latest hard soap formula, scented with his Spice Trade blend. Compared to the same as the softer 'Super Smooth' formula, the hard soap most definitely seems to carry and hold the scent better.

Pressed out into a flat receptacle, which happens to be a finished tin of Tabasco chocolate, five or six twirls in either direction with warm soft water and we're loaded! Several twirls on the face later, a dip into the water and another several twirls, we're ready to shave and already well cushioned with a thick (like whipping cream thick) lather.

The scent is lovely! Very reminiscent of Old Spice. Shaving, it slips well, does not catch or judder and washes out leaving firmed and conditioned skin, not dry nor greasy. Second pass was so much better as the soapy lather had matured on the brush. I often find this. So much enjoyed, I made a third application which sat on my face while I washed up the brush and the razor.

Lovely!

Cold Shower (sunburn!)
Palmolive stick, face lathered.
Semogue 830
Weber bulldog
Astor [2]
Arko ASB

Cracking shave, great combo...

Monday morning:

Joseph Elliot's Best Silver 6/8” Wedge
Simpsons Chubby 2, Best Badger
D.R. Harris Windsor, soap
D.R. Harris Windsor ASL
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
WTG, XTG & ATG (neck)

SOTD-2014-07-28-2-Alphanutau3AF0gammarhoalphaphiomicron_zpse4f6e563.jpg

Greetings

Monday 28th July 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick Injector I1
Blade: Personna Plat. Chrome NOS
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Cream: T&H No. 10
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Cerutti 1881

Regards
Dick.

IMG_0544.JPG

Hot Shower

Prep: A little TOB rubbed in to my face while I prep my gear

Razor:Merkur Futur & R41 combo

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

Soap: TOB Sandlewood

A/S:pitralon Classic

A great shave today. I find thin coat of soap pre shave works very well better than the Proraso I used to use. Used a combo of razors for the first time, the Merkur is my go to razor. I have found the R41 to be a beast, but using it for the last pass worked very well and provided BBS finish. The L'occitan balm is the best IMHO with the Classic Pitralon to finish off.

Have a great week Gentlemen.

Monday xxviii July, 2014

Prep: Hot shower, Bulldog Original Face Wash
Pre: Cold water splash
Brush: Simpson's Wee Scot
Lather: Musgo Real Lime Basil Cream
Razor: iKon Open Comb
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux #2
Post: Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic, Trumper's Essence of Limes Skin Food
Fragrance: Guerlain Vetiver EdT

P1050540_zps547630b2.jpg

Result: Very nice. Smooth & comfortable. Nice start to the working week.

All the best,

Jon

Monday

Morning, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Lidl's Cien Men two-blade cartridge
Blade: Cartridge (1)
Brush: Ecotools Kabuki
Shave soap: Kell's Aloe and Hemp, Energy
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: James Bronnley

Pretty good shave - close with no irritation.

Prep: Hot water wash with Dove soap
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Bic chromium
Soap:proraso Green
Brush: Vie-Long horse hair
AS: Proraso Green.

Nothing went right today, lather was wrong, technique was crap, wrong angles which in turn caused me to apply a little more pressure than normal, just one of those days I think. Despite this I got a SAS a little rough but no irritation but a small amount of feedback from the Alum.

Putting this day down to experience and learning from it. It will be better next time.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom