S.O.T.D. Saturday 26th September to Friday 2nd October 2015

Shower

Schick Adjustable

Pretty much BBS all over, but paid for it with a good few weepers.
Great combo this though!

Why not take advantage of the adjustment option and just dial the shave down a number. I will sometimes do that on a particularly sharp blade and it works better going ATG too.

Saturday
Evening, everybody.
Prep: Pears
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock SP (1)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: Wickham 1902 menthol
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Azzaro pour Homme

For September 26th:
Razor - Schick L – “The Grip”
Brush - Rubberset 200-3 w/H.I.S. Knot 26 / 57 mm
Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated Stainless
Soap - Figaro Sapone Da Barba

20925384093_085476b30d_c.jpg

I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More, Baby - Barry White 1973

For September 27th:
Razor - Schick J3 – “Golden 500”
Brush - Rubberset 200-3 w/H.I.S. Knot 26 / 57 mm
Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated Stainless
Soap - Figaro Sapone Da Barba

20925379563_c2eacc82fc_c.jpg

The House of the Rising Sun -The Animals 1964

Sun 27th Sept
Omega 11137
Lea Classic Soap
Gem MM Clog Pruf
Gem S/S [ 5 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Myrsol Antesol A/S
Very pleased and quite surprised how well the shave went. Thought it might be a bit harsh, as blade on 5th use. However. the soap provided lots of glide, and got a very comfortable and satisfactory shave.

P1170001.jpg

DSC00680_zpsbnbk1lax.jpg

Blade is shave number two on a Sputnik.

Shavette, eh? Brave bugger! How did your Pilsian adventure pan out?

Sunday's Shenanigans:

Merkur 34HD, Sputnik
Hand-carved Ash Boar
Vintage Culmak Soap (courtesy of NotTheStig)
Blue Stratos AS
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Woods of Windsor For Men EdT

Such a pity this is a vintage soap as it kicks the 'Fat' between the uprights. Bountiful, rich slick and protective lather and lovely on my skin with a nice, traditional yet no way over-powering scent. Clean and fresh. The Jamaican castor oil smells magic and feels luxurious on the boat race. Finished off with this underused EdT - I've got to be in the mood for it and today I most certainly am.

Have a good one, chaps.

Oh! what a shave - transported to somewhere sunny and luxurious in Italy and a BBS without trying. It was down to that Marfin brush - pictures at the bottom of this page. Loaded it with old formulation Xpec and put it to my face - and was transported! This must be how Italians shave - so soft and full bodied, I just sat there latering for minutes on end for the pleasure of that brush on my face.

I used my fake Weber DLC and a Rapira Lux (which felt as I feared after a Personna 74; binned it after one shave though there was nowt wrong with it) which gave me an easy BBS and a spot of blood by tugging a hair.

What a brush! I'd put a Marfin brush at the top of everyone's wish list. Marco is a great guy to deal with, very informative. My photos are destined for his Facebook page.

Sunday 27 September 2015

213577d1443358643-sun-september-27th-sat-october-03rd-sotd-27092015.jpg

Mastro Livi Grifetto 60: Italian Shave!

Mastro Livi razor, brush and strop: what an Italian Shave! This has been the first time I shaved with this new Grifetto 60 razor - of course, not the first time I shave with a Mastro Livi Grifetto straight razor - and I must admit the beautiful scales for this celebrative razor make even more special using such a great razor. Mastro Livi Grifetto 60 has been recently released by Mastro Livi to celebrate his sixty years of experience and career in straight razor making, honing and restoration, sixty years fully committed to the art of straight razor. It is an unlimited edition - celebrating one of the greatest straight razor maker in the world - therefore it is a special Grifetto everyone can have. I also used my newest Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" (Italian strop) being the second element of my Mastro Livi shaving set. So far, I have the brush and loom strop only, but I am planning to have a matching razor as soon as I can.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger "Pennello Italiano", 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Layrite No. 9 Bay Rum

Back
Top Bottom