S.O.T.D Saturday 28th October - Friday 3rd November 2017

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Vie-Long 13052 Horse
Cream: Simpsons Peppermint & Rosemary
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring, arrow on 3rd graduation
Blade: Shark
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Vitamin E Oil, Alcolado Glacial

IMG_20171102_162637.jpg
I was tempted to use this during OCtober as it has teeth, but they're joined together with a SB.
Went strong on the menthol today to try and convince myself it was summer, didn't work :(:)

Enjoying my new Ever Ready 1912 ...

2nd November 2017

Charcoal Soap

RazoRock Puros
Gan Village Green Horn w/Haryali Synthetic
Ever Ready 'ER Man' 1912 & GEM Stainless (5)
One Pass - WTG

UaoAHFUw4qIPi049AhGP366-0Cu9ewg2iFr-hAux1dzFXFsq4t6twbLjgz3o3L17cIwxW1na3D-fnZZNPjyefcpyqCBVLJur1DaiypWNP5ai6z-cXtppTRQ72FpT3j9i6EdVBMyhkjTLsyaGnTnJld5Q7E2DzL9he4aYR1INrRPv_MoYn_NH-bBZtp4bb-ix8sngTXfoLoCfOhOBLiCrU7uP9xCuq1GJs3kV25kdfDHpWL8510DIa-7BkbdE_tkvwYGoKZdMOSKfSse4D7iZotjqjIFLfTr1Gn_UgUVjhg4iShOe_3S5x7-H9yqQo5Sk3kmOzv8zURhC5DySQvf-Gis6lgIwbHMrV1tKFQzDG1HElHTFNEbkN_xEqSeK5bkL71i_vi4ezjXF3GuQGc9WZJddQxC9k9L0ttju4dsDexNr3tf4VuiSQZ4nGzoygZYfNSXDJFB29ZFshpfmUwPZw8m8SFk3GzQFjLhr6U79I4cB-BEN5gRuWy4vPxhNq3rDapzdsyquwc5Jd9iIyfIu_-MPNTQOe5QSfpHZWkSDjmfvC13IahUQisxXi1ekSiMf5WzAfVc2WUyzrCIdqgL6RzLTBlZTB0FKfq-5DdlwKvD2euKEmk9urNAnVP6NVVFFDTrp31oMp2GVSDjvJg6YAhEpDfvOLOb5PYQ=w1200

Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Avon Uomo Aftershave & EDT
Esprit Fougere Hair Tonic​

Not one I've seen before - check out the Ever Ready Man in the lid of the case.

Enjoying my new Ever Ready 1912 ...

2nd November 2017

Charcoal Soap

RazoRock Puros
Gan Village Green Horn w/Haryali Synthetic
Ever Ready 'ER Man' 1912 & GEM Stainless (5)
One Pass - WTG

UaoAHFUw4qIPi049AhGP366-0Cu9ewg2iFr-hAux1dzFXFsq4t6twbLjgz3o3L17cIwxW1na3D-fnZZNPjyefcpyqCBVLJur1DaiypWNP5ai6z-cXtppTRQ72FpT3j9i6EdVBMyhkjTLsyaGnTnJld5Q7E2DzL9he4aYR1INrRPv_MoYn_NH-bBZtp4bb-ix8sngTXfoLoCfOhOBLiCrU7uP9xCuq1GJs3kV25kdfDHpWL8510DIa-7BkbdE_tkvwYGoKZdMOSKfSse4D7iZotjqjIFLfTr1Gn_UgUVjhg4iShOe_3S5x7-H9yqQo5Sk3kmOzv8zURhC5DySQvf-Gis6lgIwbHMrV1tKFQzDG1HElHTFNEbkN_xEqSeK5bkL71i_vi4ezjXF3GuQGc9WZJddQxC9k9L0ttju4dsDexNr3tf4VuiSQZ4nGzoygZYfNSXDJFB29ZFshpfmUwPZw8m8SFk3GzQFjLhr6U79I4cB-BEN5gRuWy4vPxhNq3rDapzdsyquwc5Jd9iIyfIu_-MPNTQOe5QSfpHZWkSDjmfvC13IahUQisxXi1ekSiMf5WzAfVc2WUyzrCIdqgL6RzLTBlZTB0FKfq-5DdlwKvD2euKEmk9urNAnVP6NVVFFDTrp31oMp2GVSDjvJg6YAhEpDfvOLOb5PYQ=w1200

Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Avon Uomo Aftershave & EDT
Esprit Fougere Hair Tonic​

Not one I've seen before - check out the Ever Ready Man in the lid of the case.
Great find! :) P.

RAZOR - Feather AS-D2S
BLADE - Feather Hi stainless
BRUSH - SOC boar
SOAP - Razorock Stallion
A/S - Razorock Stallion

Went back to using the Feather razor and gave the Fatboy a break.
It's lovely and mild but needs a super sharp blade to get on with the shave. A nice daily shaver.

First time using the Stallion.
As with all Razorock products it did not disappoint! I love the scent and the AS is identical to the soap. It has the perfect menthol kick and lasts a long time!

Sorry there are no pictures, don't know how.

Evening shave.

BBA Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
Vitos Red.
Maseto 30mm Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
Brass General.
Feather Pro (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Extro Tobacco Aftershave/EDT.
Aloe Vera Gel.

A couple of firsts for me this evening. The Vitos Red was superb! Thick, creamy, cushioning, AND slick. I feel the need for a great big block of the stuff. First use of a Feather Pro in the General and boy was that efficient. Not as smooth as a Proline, and I know some of you chaps have said that the Feather Pro becomes smoother with progressive shaves, but the resulting shave was as close as I was getting from the Cobra with a Proline (I wasn't brave enough to try the Feather Pro in the Cobra). So all-in-all, a hugely enjoyable and satisfying shave. Have a good evening chaps.

Evening shave.

BBA Face Wash, BBA Shave Oil.
Vitos Red.
Maseto 30mm Finest.
Little Wren Pottery.
Brass General.
Feather Pro (1).
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented).
Extro Tobacco Aftershave/EDT.
Aloe Vera Gel.

A couple of firsts for me this evening. The Vitos Red was superb! Thick, creamy, cushioning, AND slick. I feel the need for a great big block of the stuff. First use of a Feather Pro in the General and boy was that efficient. Not as smooth as a Proline, and I know some of you chaps have said that the Feather Pro becomes smoother with progressive shaves, but the resulting shave was as close as I was getting from the Cobra with a Proline (I wasn't brave enough to try the Feather Pro in the Cobra). So all-in-all, a hugely enjoyable and satisfying shave. Have a good evening chaps.
I know that feeling and you must give in to it and buy that big block! :) wonderful soap. P.

My wife said I smell like an old man after this shave.

Pre: Shower/proraso pre barba
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Astra SP
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Stirling Synthetic 24 mm

This was my first shave with the Gillette Slim even though I have it for a month now.
I choose to pair it with Astra simply because I have the most experience with it.
Anyway, the razor is very very good. Light and easy to handle. I used it at setting 5 and 3, basically somewhere in the middle and I am pretty satisfied with its aggressiveness. I did manage to get a nick, but it's my fault not the razor's :)

Tabac is... Tabac. For me one of the best if not the best performing soaps with awfull scent :)
But to be fair, I think in time it will grow on me. The first time I couldn't even smell it. The second time it was bad. The third time it was doable.... :D
Anyway, I had a great shave with it and finally, after it, I splashed myself with Fine American Blend which is a damn fine aftershave. Smells ''oldish'' but with a modern twist. Leaves the skin quite soft. The scent lasts a long time.

Oo0Vi1F.jpg

Back
Top Bottom