S.O.T.D. Saturday 2nd April 2016 to Friday 8th April 2016

20160403_175535-1.jpg Standard razor (from passaround)
Gillette silver blue blade
Shavemac 2016 LE
OSP Bay Rum
Trumpers skin food
Brut aftershave

First time with the standard razor and enjoyed it a lot. For me, would put it on a par with level 7 or 8 on my Gillette slim adjustable and it's a beautiful looking razor. Looking forward to testing this for the rest of this week.

317axj4.jpg

They really do make stunning brushes, that's a particularly nice one.

Monday 4th April

A week off work and Andy Drummond off of that Facebook posted a SOTD with Wickham's 1912 prototype soap today. Well if you can't beat 'em, then join 'em:

Hot shower
Virginiasheng Purtech brush
Wickham's 1912 soap
Hoffritz slant
Vintage Wilkinson Sword blade
Old Spice with lime splash
Paul Smith Men EdT

I tried to refine my technique and used as little pressure as possible and I got a lovely shave or of it. Now time to choose a razor and soap for going away with for a couple of days. Choices, choices.

SOTD 4/4/16

Hot Towel, Phoenix & Bea Citra Royale, RazoRock Plissoft Monster, RazoRock Bazooka, Astra SS(4), Cold Towel, Woodspice Amber

Well, what can I say, a shave fit for a King. Mountains of lather, rich and luxurious was created between the soap and the Monster. The Bazooka blitzed through the whiskers in no time, the lather protecting as it went. The scents this morning were divine, woody and sharp from the soap, musky and warm from the aftershave splash. I could wax lyrical all day, but I'll just say this. Do yourself a favour, try the Phoenix & Beau soaps with a sharp blade, and you'll never look to another soap again.

upload_2016-4-4_9-27-10.png

Continuing the Bowie theme:

Used old Spice soap again and had a better shave (less water) but it still leaves my skin feeling too tight. Had to add balm which is very unusual esp. when using the Krampert's Bay Rum ASL.
Every home should have that collection of cds

Reactions: p.b
Monday 4th April
Virginia Sheng Pur Tech
OSP - Orange & Patchouli
Ever Ready 1924
GEM Stainless coated #4
Alum - Benjamins Bay Rum - Gillette Inst Hyd Cream
Al Rehab - Al Fares EDP
IMG_20160403_211546176e2.jpg
The Orange & Patchouli is rapidly becoming my favourite OSP soap. The scent is amazing and lasts throughout the shave.
Can I again mention the great audio feedback from the 1924, no, well sorry I just have.
As the Al Fares is so good, chancing my luck with another Al Rehab perfume.

Back
Top Bottom