SS: PAA 1K
SB: Semogue 620 Boar
Razor: Muhle R41/RR Jaws
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe
Cologne: 1-12 by Halston
FCWS2.gif

Good day gentlemen. Dolphin smooth 3 pass shave today with angles adjusted for my growth. So glad i pulled this handle from my den today, perfect balance and grip for the R41 head and i very much like the looks of it as well. The PAA soaps continue to impress this 1K soap is distinctly licorice through and through and much to my surprise I love it. Easy to load, explosion of slick, cushiony, voluminous face lathering goodness. Hope you all do as well or better. Have a great day friends. :)
View attachment 18348

This image is apparent, Roby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuesday 3/5
Argan oil serum
Ribbon Japanese straight
Caties bubbles LMR
Shavemac TSR LE 2 band silvertip
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EDT

Wednesday 4/5
Sterling Bayrum pre shave oil
Soap commander Purpose (bayrum)
FONE Japanese straight razor
Simpsons TSN LE M6 Manchurian
Guerlain vetiver

Thurs 5/5
Sterling pre shave oil lavender and bergamot
Murdock avalon shaving cream
Shavemac 2 band silvertip
ATT S2
TdH EDT
Tuscan Leather perfume oil.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Truly a beautiful razor head/handle combo...excellent Steve! :)
Hi Roby,
That razor is a bit of a mongrel, it actually has a DLC base plate with B1 top cap. A certain little person in my family 'mislaid' the original DLC cap around the time that Ikon stopped making them. I tried to find a replacement, without success. I then discovered that the top cap of a Feather AS-D2 fitted the Ikon razor perfectly. I really enjoyed that Frankenrazor too until Ikon started producing the top cap with the B1 coating. It shaves like a dream, I do however prefer it when matched with an ATT Atlas handle.
Cheers

View attachment 18349

SOTD Thu. 5/5/16
Prep: Noxzema Classic
PSO: Shave Secret
SS: PAA 1K
SB: Semogue 620 Boar
Razor: Muhle R41/RR Jaws
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill
Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Patchouli/Aloe
Cologne: 1-12 by Halston
View attachment 18350

Good day gentlemen. Dolphin smooth 3 pass shave today with angles adjusted for my growth. So glad i pulled this handle from my den today, perfect balance and grip for the R41 head and i very much like the looks of it as well. The PAA soaps continue to impress this 1K soap is distinctly licorice through and through and much to my surprise I love it. Easy to load, explosion of slick, cushiony, voluminous face lathering goodness. Hope you all do as well or better. Have a great day friends. :)
View attachment 18348

This image is apparent, Roby.
Well I had to make a photo bucket account in the hopes that I could successfully share my SOTD photos only to have this session expire and I can no longer edit my post...

Thursday AM 2016-05-05

Georgetown Pottery G20 scuttle
Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26mm/66mm)
Harrods Cologne (Floris) shaving soap (tallow)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/UFO Bronze Godzilla XL
Wilkinson Light Brigade (6)
Dolce & Gabbana aftershave

The Harrods soap is a good one. And the heavy UFO handle lent an authority to the razor strokes, although it took some getting used to.
XmvEY2X.png

Thursday 5th
OSP Spice Road (Test)
Zenith TS506 Synthetic
Edwin Jagger DE89 (Kelvin)
Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Reds) #3
Alum>OSP Bay Rum (Test)
Lacura Aq Cream Moisturiser
G.Bellini - X-Bolt EDT
IMG_20160504_231102315e.jpg
My shave technique has definitely improved with DE's by shaving with vintage SE's. Never had such a smooth, close result.
I like the small cream pump dispensers and also like recycling. So, managed to easily refill the one in the picture with the Lacura, which came in a large 500g pot.

Back
Top Bottom