Hot towel
Queen Charlotte Iced Key Lime bowl lathered
Finest Badger brush made by myself
Gillette ABC Shell (1914)
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (3)
Cold rinse
Thayers Superhazel
TOBS No74 Victorian Lime aftershave

Finally tried out my Wolf this morning. Full shave report can be found here.

In short: It was a fantastic shave.

Razor: Wolfman razor (dual head (custom made a bit more aggressive) and WRH7 handle). All in brushed, stainless steel.
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Rubberset 400-3 w/ TGN Grade A Silvertip knot
Soap: Fitjar Isros
A/S: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

54acl3.jpg

SOTN
Rock Face scrub
Merkur 39c with Feather blade
TOBS Sandalwood
Wilkinson Sword brush
Alum block
Issey Miyake balm

First time using a Feather, and boy they are a keen blade! Super close shave, but crucially for me, less irritation. I made a calculated choice when purchasing the 39C and Feather blades after researching what would be best for my sensitive skin. Very keen on this combination, although I do feel I want to treat myself to a quality brush (not that the WS brush is bad, it's the ever continuing search for the perfect shave).

WP_20150604_18_08_27_Pro.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

BSB HMW
Christy/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Coates rose SC (old version)
Myrsol Emulsion (thinking of Mr Miguel)
no EdT for some reason

Only the first time using this Christy thing and I can see there's a learning curve with the angle and pressure. Yeah, it will take me a few shaves to figure things out, but meanwhile I ended up with a couple red spots on my chin from going ATG. The styptic thing I use is a roll on liquid called My Nik is Sealed which smells like iodine and burns like a bastard. Works better than a stick for me.

Felt like walking a sketchy tightrope, with that blade making itself well known on my face if things aren't just right. Great, something more to screw with till it's fixed....heh.

Also, and the worst part, is I hope to be wrong but this may shave like one of those 1912ish contraptions. First time reminded me of that kinda unpleasant angle. This would be bad if it's the case and will know for sure after using it a bit more, Just like Paul to pull a practical joke on me, since he was the one responsible for this acqisition!

Mostly BBS results,

Martin

You got it ... "that blade making itself well known on my face if things aren't just right".

I, too, find it an aggressive shave and I'm very aware of the blade when shaving, but what a shave! If you want close, this is the razor. FergieBilly has one, too (my old one) and I have another ... which I bought after giving mine to Billy. Dizzy me, I know :D

Anyway, folks on TOST who have tried these (and the Keen Kutter) report mild shaves! Go figure ...

One chap who is a seasoned Schick-head likened it to the mild modern end of Shicks. I practically spat my teeth out when I read that because even the aggressive end of Schick wouldn't shave me anything like close. Another chap who is used to all manner of queer contraptions reported the same.

I believe they went with the Schick approach and had the cap flat to face. I went with the blade about 30 degrees. Handle angle is about the same as Trac II razors, which I am very used to and can follow my face near perfectly, so to me it gives an intuitive shave. I think a few more shaves and you'll have it in hand, but give your baby face a short break before trying again, eh? :D

Now, for a practical joke, find a Leslie!

Evening shave....

Merkur 15c/EJDE89 hybrid
Red personna
EJ Badger
Maca Root
SD sierran breeze

Turned the 15c into a closed comb by using the Jagger bottom plate. This is turn raised the weight of the little fella. Bit of rashing and a couple of nicks but worth another try i reckon.

Lovely shave tonight, relaxed and leisurely and a couple of days growth to go at:
Proraso green
Omega boar
EJ DE89
Perma-sharp
Myrsol Emulsion
L'Occitane Cedrat EDT

Proraso green is always nice on a warm evening and the Perma-sharp was lovely; sharp and smooth. Great shave!

Fri 5th June 2015

Kent Infinity
MWF -face lathered
Gem Bullet Tip
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Nivea Balm
La Toja A/S lotion

Though a mild razor, the shave today was very pleasant, and achieved a very good
finish. Would recommend for those with light beards or sensitive skin. Move on to
Clog Pruf tomorrow.

Sapone : Dr Harris Windsor
Pennello : Simpson The Hive
Rasoio : Thiers Issard Eagle 6/8
Strop : Paciccella
AS : Dr Harris Windsor
EDP : Creed Original Vetiver Millesime

image.php

image.php

pgLWr8vl.png

Shave & Scent of the day with:
> Soap: Catie's Bubbles Waterlyptus
> Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
> Razor: ATT Atlas R1
> Blade: Voskhod (3rd)
> Post: Fitjar Folgefonn Mint After Shave Balm & Clinique M Lotion
> Scent: Creed Millesime Imperial EdP

Can't go wrong with Catie's Bubbles. Love the scent of this soap.

Back
Top Bottom