Shave soap: Monsavon
Aftershave: Homemade lavender splash
Cologne: Canoe

An excellent end to the shaving week.

Friday 5 June 2015

Friday 5 June 2015

203087d1433505293-sun-may-30th-sat-june-06th-sotd-05062014.jpg

Mastro Livi Perugia 13.12.14, 15/16 Full Hollow, Spanish Point

With this unexpected heat we have in Milan in these days, I was thinking about having a refreshing shave and therefore I thought it was the right occasion for using my Thyrrenus after shave. With its refreshing and cooling effect, it worked great and gave me a little relief. This Mastro Livi Perugia 13.12.14 straight razor was the perfect companion for a magnificent shave, deep and close as usual, always impeccable in giving the best and luxurious shaving experience. And now, I am ready to face the Milanese heat, at least for a little while.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aquagena
  • Brush: Omega Bristle 89
  • Bowl: Chinese Cheap Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Perugia 13.12.14, 15/16 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Thyrrenus

Calani Dubai
Edwin Jagger 23mm Tall Synthetic
ATT R1 Kronos
Personna Lab Blue (4)
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Excellent 3-pass cold water shave. Close and comfortable :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Tabac Friday​
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso pre-shave - sandalwood
Soap: Tabac
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: Vulfix 404 badger/boar
Razor: Schick Injector Dial Adjustable @8
Blade: Schick Injector (2)
After: Tabac AS, Tabac ASB

Second time using the Schick Injector and got a much improved shave from yesterday. Cranked the razor setting up from 5 to 8 and managed a much closer shave almost BBS. I still think this 50 year old blade may be a bit dull but my new blades just arrived from Connaught's so I'll them a try tomorrow.

fee44a42-9f35-48e3-b33d-948a659374bf_zpsbzxkbonw.jpg

Brush: Edwin Jagger XL synthetic (always use this brush when first trying out a new soap)
Soap: Meissner-Tremonia Pots of Milk Shaving Paste
Razor: Merkur Digress
Blade: Rapira Swedish Steel
ASL: Alt-Innsbruck

Very, very little sting from the Alt-Innsbruck; this soap is exceptionally slick. Tomorrow I'll try a different sample, this time something with scent, although I'll probably leave the Strong n Scottish until last ...

A magical shave today!
Mongoose - Feather professional Super - bit of Black Magic - with the L'Occitane and a pinch of Dark Pomegranate.
attachment.php

[attachment=14171]

Attachments

• 14334562999300.jpg
    14334562999300.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 142
Yesterday's shave still had my face pretty clean-shaved this morning.
To be honest, if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to shave with the wolf today I probably would had skipped the shave this morning.
I'm happy I didn't though as it was yet another fantastic shave.
One pass and I was done. Clean, efficient and smooth.
Super happy I got it and this one will stay with me.

Razor: Wolfman Dual head w/ WRH7 handle,
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Rubberset 400-3 w/ TGN Grade A Silvertip knot
Soap: Soap Commander Endurance
A/S: Myrsol Plastic Shave

5kj72v.jpg

IMG_0823.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Meißner Tremonia Black Beer No.1 (Hard)
Ever Ready 500BN PurTech
Gillette Twinjector & Gillette Twin (2)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel/Selin Toner
Tabac Aftershave & EDC

Bowl Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & WTG (Slide)

Hmmm ...

I do love these soap, as you well know from the lavish praise I've been heaping on in the past few SOTD entries and even the light scented soaps have met with positivity, but this is one I just don't get. I do get Strong & Scottish, which really is high connoisseur, and this may well be the same (for beer lovers), but I just don't get it. I get black beer, I get that spicy, spritzy herbaceous note, but when it's all put together I just don't "get it".

Pleasant enough, I guess, as a scent. Performance-wise, it's the same great loader, latherer and protective shaver.

After I'd splashed on the Tabac, I forgot all about it (aside from the great post-shave feel) as the Tabac played so curiously complimentary and did what Tabac does naturally.

img8932.jpg

Strop Shoppe - Limited Edition - Baker Street - from Holiday Collection 2014 / Feather / TVBshaving - Zenith Boar Brush / Gillette Aristocrat I1 (1963) / Brut AS

Bechet45 said:
How you going with the Jaipur? As good as we said?

hello carl :) yes, its very nice. my first try with it i was a bit unsure, the opening was something i wasnt expecting, but ive been wearing it for the last few days and ive got my head around it now. its got one foot in the traditional camp, and dries down very nicely. it will be getting well used.

Back
Top Bottom