S.O.T.D. Saturday 31st December 2016 to Friday 6th January 2017

50c4aa4af812288b4254f8bf3846219f.jpg

Third shave with the B-V3 last night. It's been a busy week and I also wanted to test the razors ability to deal with a few days growth (4 in this case). I took a walk on the wild side with the baseplate as I felt this would have the best chance of mowing through all the bum fluff. It ended up being a strange shave...

Loaded with the Schick blade on its third outing, I fancied giving the Fat another run out. It's been a few months! Simpsons Duke 3 and a bit of work and I had a decent lather. Nothing to write home about but it got the job done.

The shave started off reasonably well on the cheeks but as I moved to the top lip and chin the razor started to tug a bit. Not the most comfortable but it was still cutting. Neck was ok. End of first pass and it's actually pretty respectable. Second pass and the lather had thinned out a bit, but still just enough to get the job done. Elements of the second pass felt like it wasn't cutting at all, but the end result was actually a very good finish considering the journey to get there and the amount of growth. No irritation, no weepers, nothing at all bad to say about the finish. Impressed, but I wouldn't want to use this razor when I have a few days growth going forward, I have better options in my collection for that particular job!

Until the next (hopefully sooner) shave!

img_20170105_232407-01-jpeg.6544

Thursday 5th January 2017
View attachment 23000

Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Ikon X3 + OSS Handle
Blade: Merkur (#2)
Brush: Kent BLK4 Silvertip Badger
Cream: L'Occitane Cade
AS: Nivea Replenishing Balm

A slightly better shave today than my last, the Merkur blade performed better in the X3 than with the 101 head, but having to shave knowing that the blade is not working as well as the rest of the shave components is not the way to shave, at least not by choice. The result was a smooth and pretty close shave and despite the 3 passes and the extended touch up and polish to get that result there was no irritation. One last shave with the Merkur blade in the Fatip Piccolo planned for tomorrow, if the Merkur can't deliver my normal 3 pass shave in the Fatip it really is a useless blade for me.
Bin it,most people do not like it at all. Weird as their Razorsare liked by many.

Third shave with the B-V3 last night. It's been a busy week and I also wanted to test the razors ability to deal with a few days growth (4 in this case). I took a walk on the wild side with the baseplate as I felt this would have the best chance of mowing through all the bum fluff. It ended up being a strange shave...

Loaded with the Schick blade on its third outing, I fancied giving the Fat another run out. It's been a few months! Simpsons Duke 3 and a bit of work and I had a decent lather. Nothing to write home about but it got the job done.

The shave started off reasonably well on the cheeks but as I moved to the top lip and chin the razor started to tug a bit. Not the most comfortable but it was still cutting. Neck was ok. End of first pass and it's actually pretty respectable. Second pass and the lather had thinned out a bit, but still just enough to get the job done. Elements of the second pass felt like it wasn't cutting at all, but the end result was actually a very good finish considering the journey to get there and the amount of growth. No irritation, no weepers, nothing at all bad to say about the finish. Impressed, but I wouldn't want to use this razor when I have a few days growth going forward, I have better options in my collection for that particular job!

Until the next (hopefully sooner) shave!

img_20170105_232407-01-jpeg.6544
Great setup and picture.

Fri 6th Jan

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
OSP Bay Rum
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick NOS plat ( 10-Sweden )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Quorum A/S lotion

I am lucky to be one of those who gets on with both PAL razors, perhaps in my top 3 vintage injectors. Today by taking my time I attained a Shave that was as smooth and close as any I had with the modern SE Razors, I used earlier in the week. These were the Claymore,Supply, and the General.

73bdc4be8dd60d23fa350754e5e94d8e.jpg

d76841913de66e90ebec2ed2b810694a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom