S.O.T.D. Saturday 31st December 2016 to Friday 6th January 2017

Friday...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - Semogue 1520 boar
Face lather
Razor - Gillette New Long Comb (1946)
Blade - Gillette Nascet #3
Post - Thayer's and Fine Platinum a/s

At the risk of repeating myself, these vintage Gillettes really are the canine's testimonials. When I got this one I thought, being an open comb, it might be a bit savage. Not a bit of it...smooth as you like and very efficient. Ok, maybe a slight bit more touching up; but perhaps the blade was starting to wane. I believe the short combs or (in particular) the Gillette Olds are tagged with that (arguably unhelpful) term 'aggressive'.

Anyway, enough babbling; BBS, mentholated and contemplating a swim.
20170106_121012.jpg

Pre-shave - Wrights Cold-tar soap and Village Barber Shaving Oil
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96
Blade - Astra SP
Soap - Cella Crema da Barba AllÂ’Olio Di Mandorla
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2
Post - Nivea- Men Hydro Gell and Cella Aftershave Splash

All of my shaves with the Rocca R96 up to now were with Proraso products for pre-shave and post-shave. Decided to shift to the Cella to see what changes there were. Still an excellent shave from the Rocca, irrespective of the change in pre and post shave from Proraso to Cella.

Its been a while (at least 6 months) since I have shaved with Cella Crema. I don't know why I have left it so long to rotate back to this. A great, comfortable shave. The Village Barber Shaving Oil is new for me. This prepped the skin well, gave a good protective cushion and great razor glide.

Have a good day.

Pre-shave - Wrights Cold-tar soap and Village Barber Shaving Oil
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96
Blade - Astra SP
Soap - Cella Crema da Barba AllÂ’Olio Di Mandorla
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2
Post - Nivea- Men Hydro Gell and Cella Aftershave Splash

All of my shaves with the Rocca R96 up to now were with Proraso products for pre-shave and post-shave. Decided to shift to the Cella to see what changes there were. Still an excellent shave from the Rocca, irrespective of the change in pre and post shave from Proraso to Cella.

Its been a while (at least 6 months) since I have shaved with Cella Crema. I don't know why I have left it so long to rotate back to this. A great, comfortable shave. The Village Barber Shaving Oil is new for me. This prepped the skin well, gave a good protective cushion and great razor glide.

Have a good day.
+1 for the Cella...great stuff.

14566791_1841384932769181_7277296104197062656_n.jpg

Brush: MDMMen Cadman 26mm synthetic
Razor: Hone Type 15
Soap: The Gentleman's Groom Room Mountain Yew
A/S: Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

Nice end to the week, really enjoy both the scents and performance of these TGGR soaps. I had always been led to believe glycerine based soaps are not very good, this isn't the case with these. The Floid is a great end to the shave, I don't think it all that mentholated to me.

Pre: Gillette Series Irritation Defence Pre Shave Wash
Razor: Schick M2 Adjustable
Blade: NOS Schick Twin (US made)
Soap: Mikes Lily Of The Valley
Brush: Maggard Purple Swirl 24mm Synthetic

6787811d2c4e0fa1c9066f67d3253f92.jpg

My first outing with my own injector following the passaround. It took a little time to get back into the swing of things, but once I was settled into a good angle, a very good two pass DFS was the outcome. The eShave balm which is very rich is also proving invaluable during the current cold weather.

Friday 6th
Zenith 506 TS Synthetic
Nivea Originals Cream
Rocnel MD SE-P
½ Ladas Super Stainless #2
Alum > Rinse > Duru Mandarin Cologne
Lacura Body Moisturiser
aFD2BLn.jpg

The last shave of my turn with the Rocnel didn't disappoint. The Nivea is an easy, effective cream, the downside is that it produces a lot of scum in the sink. But £1 at Poundworld, I can live with that :)

See you in 2 days.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1958 Executive/Schick Plus Platinum from 1969
rebranded 1964 Macys silvertip flopmeister fine for creams
Original original XPEC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
TGQ 'Leatherneck' extrait (vintage batch)

Same set up these last five days except for the brush switches. One of my top few favorite razors loaded with a great old blade, some wonderful cream made even better by it's now unobtainium property, and the extrait by Colleen that's probably in my top 2-3 all around nose pleasing scents. This recent batch is from some made years ago that resurfaced recently.

BBS results, with zero feeling of any sharp object being on my face,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom