S.O.T.D. Saturday 31st December 2016 to Friday 6th January 2017

SOTD 20161231

45OGrYE.jpg

Brush: custom finest 2-band.
Shaving soap: Scheermonnik "Confijter".
Razor: iKon El Jefe / custom aluminum handle.
Blade: Feather Professional (5).
After shave: Hugo Boss ASB.

Very nice handle, I need one of those as well for my General!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Sat 31st Dec
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Vitos Red croap
Schick Type N
Schick S/S Twin ( 1 ) Japan
Alum Rub /Rinse off
Floid Vigoroso A/S lotion

Could not resist trying the Type N that arrived yesterday.It feels so good in the hand, and equipped with a Twin , Shaves smoothly with a nice blade feel. Already like it more than the M Adjustables , which feels rather clinical in use.

Those who said it was good are not wrong, as the Shave quality was up there with best I have had. IMHO has to be the best modern Schick to be made in USA. Will be interested to see how well the blade lasts in this Razor, which is going to be included in my Injector rotation.

d14601d398370b448054ee815d155dd3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last shave of the year and decided to out in a blaze of ice cold flames.

IMG_1420 (1).jpg
Pre - Proraso Green
Cream - D.R Harris Eucalyptus
Brush - EJ Best
Razor - Dovo Special
Post - Osp Eucalyptus and Menthol and Nivea Creme

2 days in a row for the SR after getting it back from @Fergiebilly. He's worked wonders on the edge and id thoroughly recommend his services, if he doesn't mind. Also keep going back for more of the OSP splash. Just lights my face up!

Happy New Year to you all!

Saturday AM 2016-12-31

Helen Chen suribachi, with electric mug warmer
Rooney 2/1 Finest (20mm/57mm)
Floris No. 89 shaving soap (tallow) + Floris No. 89 shaving cream
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2/Triad Red Bronze Aristocrat
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (4)
Floris No. 89 aftershave (vintage)

A great shave to finish the year.
YoEBcEz.jpg

How does the electric mug warmer work. Is it suitable for bathroom use

End of 2016 shave...

What with all this year's shaving adventures (SE, DE, soaps, creams, natural, synthetic) like @Palmolive fox I thought I'd round off not far from where I started, having regard to hardware and software.

Bowl - Steve Woodhead Ceramics
Pre - shave - Proraso M&E
Cream - Proraso M&E
Brush - Edwin Jagger Medium Best Badger
Razor - Merkur 34C HD
Blade - Feather #3
Post - Thayer's and Proraso M&E a/s

It's been a great shaving year, folks. My warmest thanks for all your help, support and comments. May I wish all the best for you and yours when the bells come; and well beyond.

Kindest regards,

Stephen.
1483199095390-720534888.jpg

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Hone 15
Blade – Astra S/P
Brush - New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap – Local Gent – Fields & Streams (cream)
Post - Witch Hazel, Trevarno Revitalising Face Oil

I'm definitely not a 'Cream' man, as Tallow soaps are my thing... but I've gotta admit that the Fields & Streams (cream) was faultless in its performance. Sadly, I'm beginning to find the Hone, a little too mild for my whiskers. BBS is achievable, but it takes so much effort... Happy New Year to you all..

How does the electric mug warmer work. Is it suitable for bathroom use
It works quite well with my élan bowl and suribachi on cold mornings. It keeps the lather nice and warm, and so long as I pick it up to lather my face for each razor pass, it doesn't get too hot for my palm or for the brush to sit in it between passes. I keep the cord gathered, so that it doesn't get near the sink water. The warmer was inexpensive at my local Target store, and I think it's a good alternative for those who sometimes prefer a bowl rather than a scuttle.
tCZYNtg.jpg
hXKfZPz.jpg
cPEeThg.jpg

Last shave of the year and decided to out in a blaze of ice cold flames.

View attachment 22921
Pre - Proraso Green
Cream - D.R Harris Eucalyptus
Brush - EJ Best
Razor - Dovo Special
Post - Osp Eucalyptus and Menthol and Nivea Creme

2 days in a row for the SR after getting it back from @Fergiebilly. He's worked wonders on the edge and id thoroughly recommend his services, if he doesn't mind. Also keep going back for more of the OSP splash. Just lights my face up!

Happy New Year to you all!
Glad You Like it..:D

Billy

Saturday 31st December 2016
SOTD 31st DEC.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower and Geo F Trumper Coral Skin Food
Razor: Ikon X3 + OSS Handle
Blade: Sputnik (#3)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Soap: Geo F Trumper Almond
AS: 4711 + Nivea Replenishing Balm

Mediocre shave today, let down by the GFT Almond soap, first it smelt of nothing but soap certainly not Almond but the worst bit was the lather. Either this soap is useless or I am doing something wrong, the lather seemed OK at first, but then seemed to disappear almost completely as I watched it sitting on my face. Thankfully the Ikon X3 and the Sputnik did a good job of not tearing my face to shreds under the conditions.

I should really have given up on the soap there and then for this shave and just reached for the Cade cream that always sits in my wash bag, but no I had to carry on. I will need to give this soap a few practice lathers with a boar and the Hans Baier Silvertip to see what it takes to get a proper lather from this soap, if this fails then I may be whipping it out of the wooden bowl I put it in and just using it for hand soap or passing it on to someone who likes GFT soap.

Back
Top Bottom