Em: 03
SR: EJDE89L
Blade: Derby Extra
Brush: Semogue 820
Cream: Bozzano Aloe Vera "NOS"
ASL: Arko Action

Saturday Morning

IMG_4631.jpg

Newly acquired Thomas Clipper SS DE - beautifully hefty and makes a nice 'click' when tightening down as the blade flexes into place. Used a fresh Astra platinum blade, as loaned by @nolisco, who also provided me with the heavenly-scented soap. I do feel for him that it doesn't agree with him, as it really does make for a lovely smelling shave. A nice, shiny, sheeny lather was easy to obtain with my Midas silvertip - it is still shedding some hairs though (about 6 or so per shave/dry-down) so I will be looking more closely at a knot replacement... I do like the hybrid-fan of the Maseto brush I own, so I'll probably veer towards something similar. The soap's slickness is decent but the glide/cushion leaves a little to be desired, in my non-expert opinion. I could certainly feel the blade of this medium-aggressive razor but it was very easy to manoeuvre, so the cushion wasn't too sorely missed. The heft of this razor gave it some definite 'mowing' ability. It whispered its way through the 2-and-a-bit day old stubble which was the focus of today. Neck pass only, x2 with a couple of very minor touch ups. One ever so slight blood spot but it sealed itself shut by the time I was done. Post-shave for this soap, again, leaves a little to be desired but isn't overly offensive - I reached for about 2 drops of argan oil and that's certainly done the trick. I'm 99.9% smooth, one of the best shaves I've had to date. Irritation free, worry free. In short, I'm not much of a magpie/I prefer black razors but by jove this is a good'un! Very pleased with this acquisition.

Hope your weekends go smoothly, chaps!

A good looking shave, you need the cologne for a lovely smelling post shave too haha:D

18879136_847273648755317_24084634702708736_n.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Americana D01 Silvertip
Razor: Hone Type 15
Blade: Supermax Super Platinum (3)
Soap: Pannacrema Nuavia Verde

A little treat for myself, been a short while since I used this combination and what a lovely combination it is. The Americana is an exquisite brush and always a pleasure to use. I enjoy the Hone but at times I feel it needs more effort and attention than others to give a great shave. Sultan is to me a perfect match for Verde.

3/6/2017

Curiousity got the better off me and I decided to try out a Derby Extra I was 'gifted' in a PIF.

Pre Shave - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Ming Shi Futur Clone
Blade - Derby Extra
Post Shave - Alum Block/Witch Hazel
After Shave - RSC Balm

Pass 1 WTG- Ming Shi Futur Clone Setting 2.5
Pass 2 ATG #1- Ming Shi Futur Clone Setting 4
Pass 3 ATG #2- Ming Shi Futur Clone Setting 5/6

There's a reason why the Derby Extra is treated with such resentment.

Even though the shave wasn't too bad itself, the combination of the post shave irritation (allergy to the blade coating?) and the effort required to get a shave from the reasonably dull blade (hence high settings with the MSFC) it just isn't worth the bother.

Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Proraso Pre-Shave (white)
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Astra SP (2ad use)
Brush: Molten Brown Shaving Brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum then a shower followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Proraso post shave cream (white)

Another awesome shave with the Razorock XXX and the Astra SP. Three passes, minor touch up and no irritation – BBS.

Everyone have a smooth, irritation free weekend

ffe11ae6e4fad90299b65c1b4c25980e.jpg

First time with this style of razor, 3 days of build up & the wait for an empty house, halfway through the missus was back with her sister, wanting the mirror for hair spray & the like, then curious over the new toy.

Left the Fitjar drying slightly as I was slow anyway, still 2 passes & a couple of touch ups with the R41, very impressed with the Feather.

Saturday 3rd June
Semogue 620
OSP Sandalwood
QShave Adjustable
Shark Stainless #1
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Dior Fahrenheit A/S
Gillette Pro 3in1 Balm
Milton Lloyd 'The Man Cobalt' EDT
T39zqKv.jpg

I remember shaving with the Merkur Futur on the TSR passaround and not getting as good a shave as I did just a short time ago with this QShave. It was so smooth on setting 3, I increased it to 4. The QShave is lighter than the Futur, which may have had an impact in the difference in shave. At less then £6 w/tracked shipping and less then 2 weeks delivery it's a no-brainer.
I'm also really liking the Semogue boar, more so as the tips are splitting more. It is a great brush for face lathering especially with a great soap like OSP.
Now looking for a different boar brush, perhaps Omega.

I prefer the design of the Push Button handle to the G-Bar but not surprisingly the PB ultimately fails where the other post Micromatic razors fail, simply too mild to get to BBS on my head without ridiculous effort. The shimmed Rockwell-5 made quick work of what the GEM couldn't handle. Oh well.
b01c9c7ed1005675d19fe20b4ed2a7c9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Saturday 3/6

Razor - Cobra Classic
Blade - Feather Super Pro
Brush - Wee Scot tortoise-shell LE
Soap - Haslinger Schafmilch
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Floid Vigoroso
Balm - Aloe vera
Scent - Creed Bois de Portugal.

Result - great. Thanks to a cold sore that needed time to heal I was taking off 6 days growth - so there was really only one razor for the job. I'm very happy that I went back to the Cobra - with the added experience I have now, compared to when I bought it, I'm confident using it and the results are stellar for me. The Haslinger soap is a fairly recent discovery and I find it excellent. Tempted to try the seaweed one. They're cheap so why not? The post-shave feel of the Schafmilch is top end. Oh - if you splash heavily mentholated, alcohol-based after shave on a not properly healed cold sore it stings like a b*****d. Other than that - completely smooth, well hydrated and irritation free skin. What more can you ask? Enjoy your shaves - cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom