Razor - Cobra Classic
Blade - Feather Super Pro
Brush - Wee Scot tortoise-shell LE
Soap - Haslinger Schafmilch
Post - Witch hazel
A/S - Floid Vigoroso
Balm - Aloe vera
Scent - Creed Bois de Portugal.

Result - great. Thanks to a cold sore that needed time to heal I was taking off 6 days growth - so there was really only one razor for the job. I'm very happy that I went back to the Cobra - with the added experience I have now, compared to when I bought it, I'm confident using it and the results are stellar for me. The Haslinger soap is a fairly recent discovery and I find it excellent. Tempted to try the seaweed one. They're cheap so why not? The post-shave feel of the Schafmilch is top end. Oh - if you splash heavily mentholated, alcohol-based after shave on a not properly healed cold sore it stings like a b*****d. Other than that - completely smooth, well hydrated and irritation free skin. What more can you ask? Enjoy your shaves - cheers - I.
+1 on the Floid Vigoroso.;)..Even if it did sting like a b*****d, it was worth it.;)

Saturday

Somersets oil as Preshave
Klar Kabinett soap
Semogue 1800 brush
Gem Junior with Gem Personna Blade (#3)
Alum Block
Unrefined Shea Butter
Pitralon (Swiss) AS.

An excellent effortless shave today. The 1800 is a brush which I seldom see mentioned. It is the plain
wood version of the 1305 which most people have heard of and rave about. I really will have to start
posting some photos...although I fear I will never reach the high standards evident in the daily posts!

Medicinal no doubt. My response caused some consternation to my partner - who initially thought I had accidentally hacked my head off with the Cobra. Cheers - I
That's a understandable assumption from your partner.. Considering it's not every day she will think that a fatal shaving accident has happened, and to hear 4 letter words coming from your own bathroom.:D

Sat 3rd June

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
P & B Spitfire
ES S/S Claymore V1
Schick Proline Type P [ 16 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

I still have not tried a Feather Pro in this Razor, did not think this would happen to me but it has !. I seem to have developed a fascination for seeing how far the Proline will go. Now completed a 16th use,and though the shaving process seems to have slowed a bit , the blade is still whisker whacking well and the shave is still smooth and comfortable.The finish is rather good too, and beats that of many other razors fitted with fresher blades.
Now that the trauma of car breakdown/replacement is winding down, will think about getting more of these Schicks . May even try to get some Type B to use in the Supply Provision Single Edge, perhaps that will liftthe performance of this so far disappointing Razor. Just does not deliver a truly good Shave for Me.

IMG_1325.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday AM 2017-06-03

Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle (Green Oribe & Purple)
Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (21mm/53mm)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna shaving soap + shaving cream (both vintage)
Feather AS-D2/Stork Diplomat Titanium
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (4)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna aftershave (vintage)
A4L9CxM.jpg

sotd.png

A big thank you to @Looney12345 for the samples you sent me, one of which was the B&M Arctique. Very nice and cool on the skin, had a shock splashing over the cool shaven areas with Pecksniffs Loden EDT. I received an extra blast of coldness, which I certainly didn't expect. All in all, a very pleasant and refreshing shave.

Brushguy 24mm silver tip badger
iKon X3 with custom anodised Ali light weight handle
Astra Green blade
Barrister and Mann - Arctique
Pecksniff's - Loden EDT

Pre: Gillette Series Irritation Defence Pre Shave Wash
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #16
Blade: NOS English Wilkinson Sword (1)
Soap: TTFFC Spring Fern
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm Synthetic

a6ba5afdb5de49f4b46fe0dfe41cad31.jpg

Another great 2 pass evening shave. The hardware made short work of a day and a half worth of growth and the BBA balm continues to perform outstandingly.

Saturday 3rd June 2017

SOTD 3rd June.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: Schick Adjustable (7)
Blade: NOS Dutch Schick Twin (#5)
Brush: Maseto 2 Band Finest 24mm
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70
AS: Some Pure Aloe Vera gel, Mont Blanc Legend aftershave and EDT

Incredibly close and smooth shave, closest shave I have had in a while, I had forgotten how good this razor/blade combo is on my face. There was some minor irritation in a few spots which I have not had before with this setup. I am wondering if 5 shaves is the limit for this blade or as it has been a while since I used it, maybe it was not cleaned well enough. Either way the shave was still very close and smooth. As I had some irritation I used some pure aloe vera gel before the Mont Blanc Legend aftershave, and all was good.

My Maseto brush is still losing a few hairs each use, if it keeps this up I will be contacting the seller, apart from it's hair shedding it is a fantastic brush and I am tempted to get a 30mm one at some point.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 04 June 2017

Brush: - Semogue Special Edition 2012 Badger/Boar knot 24/55mm
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - Man from Mayfair (tallow) 3x
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General Alum. Head" with iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) #27
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Lemon' / Lucky Tiger Aftershave Lotion

The Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) is starting to loose it's edge very quickly and I think I could either squeeze 1 or 2 more shaves, so far no nicks or cuts and also no irritation so far as I've created a very good slick protective lather using Wholly Kaw shaving soap and MAN! this soap is FANTASTIC!! ;) smell like Barbershop.......well sort of :oops::)

Last edited:
SOTD: 03/06/17

sotd 030617 blank and white.jpg
Prep: A lovely hot shower using "Biore" charcoal wash for the face. Awesome stuff and available from Morrisons at around £5.00 at the moment.
PRE-Shave: BBS pre-shave oil. Amazing stuff for the skin but I am not totally convinced it benefits slickness for the shave. Hot towel after applying the oil.
BLADE: First time using a Gillette 7 o'clock with this razor.
RAZOR: The Muhle R41, This is the star of the show :)
HANDLE: A Windrose Stainless Steel handle kindly donated to me by @Blademonkey . A special thank you mate. You are an absolute credit to this forum.
SOAP: NSS, Olive Oil recipe with Lemon, Basil and Manderin. I cannot express enough how good this stuff is. It never fails and the scent is truly outstanding.
BRUSH: Maeseto 30mm 2 band Badger (On loan from a pass around.) A lovely brush for the money, silky smooth with my face lather but has shed a couple of hairs during the shave. It creates a lather in seconds but I have concerns over it shedding.
POST SHAVE: Thayers Cucumber witch hazel, BBS aftershave balm sample along with BBS Moisturiser. The BBS balm is the best I have ever used and I don't give credit lightly. Truly amazing. YMMV
EDT: CK Free, a lovely fresh citrus scent that finished the shave.

I really enjoyed my shave this evening. The R41 is a beast and the soap is divine. The 7 o'clock yellow blade worked perfectly with this set up. A BBS shave.

Take care all and best wishes,

Wayne

Last edited:
SOTD: 03/06/17

View attachment 25715
Prep: A lovely hot shower using "Biore" charcoal wash for the face. Awesome stuff and available from Morrisons at around £5.00 at the moment.
PRE-Shave: BBS pre-shave oil. Amazing stuff for the skin but I am not totally convinced it benefits slickness for the shave. Hot towel after applying the oil.
BLADE: First time using a Gillette 7 o'clock with this razor.
RAZOR: The Muhle R41, This is the star of the show :)
HANDLE: A Muggard Stainless Steel handle kindly donated to me by @Blademonkey . A special thank you mate. You are an absolute credit to this forum.
SOAP: NSS, Olive Oil recipe with Lemon, Basil and Manderin. I cannot express enough how good this stuff is. It never fails and the scent is truly outstanding.
BRUSH: Maeseto 30mm 2 band Badger (On loan from a pass around.) A lovely brush for the money, silky smooth with my face lather but has shed a couple of hairs during the shave. It creates a lather in seconds but I have concerns over it shedding.
POST SHAVE: Thayers Cucumber witch hazel, BBS aftershave balm sample along with BBS Moisturiser. The BBS balm is the best I have ever used and I don't give credit lightly. Truly amazing. YMMV
EDT: CK Free, a lovely fresh citrus scent that finished the shave.

I really enjoyed my shave this evening. The R41 is a beast and the soap is divine. The 7 o'clock yellow blade worked perfectly with this set up. A BBS shave.

Take care all and best wishes,

Wayne
Great photo Wayne, congratulations on your first photo SOTD. I'm pleased the windrose handle is a good match for the R41 head, great post, hope to see more from you. :)

Back
Top Bottom