Supporter
Supporter
Victoria PB
Williams Ice Blue Cream
Ever Ready Natural Angle [Flat Top ]
Gem S/S [ 6 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Williams Aqua Velva-"Ice Blue" A/S

Tending to use soaps more these days, but this cream really produced a nice creamy lather. The shave was very easy, and surprisingly good on a blade which for me was at its optimum.

IMG_0662.jpg

wkr7lZ0h.jpg

How every weekend should start!

How are you liking your Cadman brush Wayne? Looks very nice indeed :)
Hi Bandito. It got it's first use today. It is my first quality brush and feels so luxurious compered to what I have been used to. The C4 handle is great, very ergonomic. It sits in the hand beautifully. Really weighty too. Yeah. It's safe to say I love it.

Another wonderful shave this morning. First time out for the Rockwell 6S, which did a superb job with an Astra blade.

IMG_0162.JPG

I bought the Tabac because it had such good write-ups here. The cream was very good, but the scent...

I was transported back in time to the barber's shop at JHQ Rheindahlen. The barber had been there, in a basement shop, for many years. It didn't matter what you asked for, everyone got the same haircut, a circa 1947 style; but it was very cheap. The two memorable features were Volksmusik on the radio, and what I now know was the scent of Tabac. The Volksmusik I won't be seeking out - I loved my time in Germany, but suspect that you have to be German to enjoy Volksmusik - but the Tabac is great.

SOTD - June 4
Pre: Shower and NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Coconut Milk Pre Shave Soap
Razor: USA Ever Ready 1912 / Hone type 15
Blade: GEM (2) / Voskhod (4)
Brush: Simpson Case Pure Badger
Soap: NSS Moroccan Sands IMPROVED Signature
Post: Shower and NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Coconut Milk Pre Shave Soap and TOBS Moisturising Cream Sandalwood

I had a great shave today. My second shave with a 1912. Still need to get used to it.
My skin feels a bit raw, like the first time using the R41.
2 passes and it was dolphin smooth and some touch up with my Hone.

@SoapAlchemist The NSS Old Grey Bristle Test Coconut Milk Pre Shave Soap is good for both, pre and post shave.
Using it post shave and my skin felt less raw.

SOTD
Pre: Hot shower + bloomed water
B&M Seville - face lather
ATT S1 baseplate, a loan from @Chico Winterton (much appreciated)
Fresh Voskhod
Semogue boar 2000
After Shave: rinse off with cold water + Nivea balm.
Cologne : Paco Rabanne

IMG_20160604_130740.jpg

I wanted to try out the ATT S1 base plate and Chico very kindly offered to lend me his S1 base plate to try out. Now I know why it's such a loved razor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom