NSS - 'The Beef' - Lemon, Basil & Mandarin
Virginia Sheng - Purtech
Bowl lathered
Schick L1 w/Japanese Schick blade #1
Alum > Duru Lemon Cologne
Real Shaving Co. Post Balm
Al Rehab - Silver perfume oil
IMG_20160603_211146e.jpg

Nice bit of beef today, I think Sharon's on to another winning soap, 1st mini review - Testers wanted - not for Vegetarians
The Japanese Schick blade (thanks to Mike @mpf9ret) transforms this razor into a very efficient tool. Very impressed.

Feeling rather tender today after yesterday's (presumably counterfeit) Trac II unpleasantness so I played it safe with today's shave.

Feather AS-D2 w/Feather Hi Stainless
L'occitane Plisson
EJ Pre-shave
Nanny's Unscented
DR Harris Pink aftershave
Prada Infusion d'Homme cologne

Ia5dbI4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ultimate Shave.

First I would thank two people for making this happened. Starting with @MPH for finest in production shaving soap I ever tried. B&M Latha, it is simply made for me. As many of you guys know I only can use p.160 for long time and then I was PIF'ed vintage Old Spice which was equally good. Sometime later I tried CRSW Citrus and it was first and only soap in production it worked for me (I tried 50+ soaps). However, I graded CRSW 2 notches below p.160. On level where I love scent but performance was borderline for me. Well that changed today with Latha. Is that good for me. Now I am content to have enough to rotate instead to be stuck to 2 soaps. Very happy

Secondly my thanks goes to @Paul for sending me long time ago in one of parcel to vintage Made in USA Gillette Blades. Gosh this thing is soap good that it beat my all time favourite Wilkinson Made in England (and personna 74). Thank you again Paul. Even is two blades I keep them for time I am really down and need a cheering up. Today was that day and it made smile on my face!

So to SOTD

B&M Latha from @MPH
Thater 4125/1 2b
Gillette NEW Long Comb from @Mr_Smartepants
Gillette Made in USA Vintage 60/70s from @Paul
Thayers

SOTD Sat. 6/4/16
Prep: Noxzema Classic
SS: Stirling Glacial Mita
SB: Semogue 620 Boar
Razor: Pal Injecto-Matic
Blade: Schick
ASB: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill

Shower Soap Bar: Grandpa's Pine Tar
Cologne: Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene
FCWS2_zpsljqddur7.gif

Good morning friends. Absolutely wonderful shave with the Pal this morning, very easy, smooth three passes and I'm dolphin smooth at the finish. Outstanding lather from the Glacial Mita and a much welcomed refreshing freeze to cool this horrible FL heat. Have a great weekend friends. :)

Ultimate Shave.

First I would thank two people for making this happened. Starting with @MPH for finest in production shaving soap I ever tried. B&M Latha, it is simply made for me. As many of you guys know I only can use p.160 for long time and then I was PIF'ed vintage Old Spice which was equally good. Sometime later I tried CRSW Citrus and it was first and only soap in production it worked for me (I tried 50+ soaps). However, I graded CRSW 2 notches below p.160. On level where I love scent but performance was borderline for me. Well that changed today with Latha. Is that good for me. Now I am content to have enough to rotate instead to be stuck to 2 soaps. Very happy

Secondly my thanks goes to @Paul for sending me long time ago in one of parcel to vintage Made in USA Gillette Blades. Gosh this thing is soap good that it beat my all time favourite Wilkinson Made in England (and personna 74). Thank you again Paul. Even is two blades I keep them for time I am really down and need a cheering up. Today was that day and it made smile on my face!

So to SOTD

B&M Latha from @MPH
Thater 4125/1 2b
Gillette NEW Long Comb from @Mr_Smartepants
Gillette Made in USA Vintage 60/70s from @Paul
Thayers

Maybe we need a TSR B&M group buy!!!!! ;-)

Glad you like it!

SOTD
Pre: Hot shower + bloomed water
B&M Seville - face lather
ATT S1 baseplate, a loan from @Chico Winterton (much appreciated)
Fresh Voskhod
Semogue boar 2000
After Shave: rinse off with cold water + Nivea balm.
Cologne : Paco Rabanne

View attachment 18893

I wanted to try out the ATT base plate and Chico very kindly offered to lend me his S1 base plate to try out. Now I know why it's such a loved razor.

How is the scent on the B&M Seville? I have the Lavanille and find it completely overpowering. I have EdTs that don't come near it for scent strength.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage amber handle Made Rite #74 badger
1956 Diplomat/Super Iridium
Coates lime SC (older version from small tubes)
Myrsol Emulsion
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT (black bottle)

Great razor/blade combo....one I could easily use every day if needed. Mild shaver with a sharp blade works for me.

This cream is real good. I'm always surprised because it's so cheap and not made anymore but still available. I could use the lime or rose all the time if I had to.

BBS results,

Martin

Last edited:
SOTD - Saturday afternoon
Pre: Hot towels
Soap: Phoenix & Beau "Denali" (menthol)
Brush: Rooney 2XL "Stubby" 28mm Finest silvertip
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather Pro (3)
Post: Thayer's Original witch hazel, followed by Floïd Blue
Took the dog for a long walk and since it was warm out I needed a cooling shave when we got home.
This is a tester of the upcoming menthol soap from P&B. Very clean/fresh scent with just the right amount of cooling.
YOZgom0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom