S.O.T.D. Saturday 4th March to Friday 10th March 2017

Sunday shave

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Kiehl's Ultra Face Cleaner and Village Barbour Pre Shave Oil.
Razor - ATT M1.
Blade - Gillette Nacet (Platinum) (day 2).
Soap - Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Cold water rinse, Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave, followed by L'Occitane Cade Shaving Balm.

Great lather and lubrication from the Maca root. Good 3 pass shave with the ATT. Love the audible feedback from the ATT!

Have a great Sunday.

Chris

P1040333_zpsyvpbet8b.jpg

Shaved today with the Rolls, totally different experience!
A good experience ? :)

Sunday AM 2017-03-05

Helen Chen suribachi, with electric mug warmer
Elite Razors Copper-Laced Onyx Martin, Manchurian White (26mm/57mm)
Figaro P.160 shaving soap (tallow) + Acqua di Parma Colonia Cologne
Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Aristocrat
Wilkinson Light Brigade (6)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave

A great introspective, relaxed shave. My neck swelling is steadily reducing, and the area I need to avoid is getting smaller daily. I feel blessed to be alive and able to enjoy my shaves.
FuFpYnz.jpg

Sunday AM 2017-03-05

Helen Chen suribachi, with electric mug warmer
Elite Razors Copper-Laced Onyx Martin, Manchurian White (26mm/57mm)
Figaro P.160 shaving soap (tallow) + Acqua di Parma Colonia Cologne
Feather AS-D2/Triad Satin Aristocrat
Wilkinson Light Brigade (6)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave

A great introspective, relaxed shave. My neck swelling is steadily reducing, and the area I need to avoid is getting smaller daily. I feel blessed to be alive and able to enjoy my shaves.
FuFpYnz.jpg
I am pleased you are recovering after your op, take it easy.

Sunday 5 March 2017

aT6GKUTM5q2642ZAqUSoxpG9n6lgr2mR1X0YcUi8BHdGsgxZkBWa7YL3VacAoCpBqHbei1p6gv6kLdm47xmJEFrSsZafdtx7ZN8=w1366-h768-no

Mastro Livi ArtInox, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point

For my monthly trip I decided to take with me the latest Mastro Livi razor I added to my collection. This Mastro Livi Artinox gives a superb and smooth shave as well as having a beautiful look with its light stripes pattern. ArtInox it the name Mastro Livi gave to his artisan martensitic stainless damascus steel, a wonder he makes in his laboratory by combining different stainless steels all suited for hardening, therefore perfect for making a cutting edge. Yet another masterpiece from Mastro Livi proving his craftsmanship in working steels and, in particular, stainless steel as to be successful in making a artisan damascus steel completely made from martensitic stainless steels. I love this razor!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aquagena
  • Brush: Omega Bristle 10275
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi ArtInox, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbria Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Blue

On the whole I would say yes. You are instantly aware that it is a very sharp blade right next to your skin. I only shaved in a downwards with the grain motion, as advised by Billyfergie. I last shaved Thursday morning so there was a fair amount of stubble. It shaved me cleanly on my cheeks, under the nose and on my throat but I struggled a bit on the jawbone area, so a final touch up done with my Muhle 89. With practice and proper sharpening I reckon it will be a good tool :)
Nice one, thank you. As with everything practice will hone your skills :)

Back
Top Bottom