S.O.T.D. Saturday 4th March to Friday 10th March 2017

Prep: Hot shower with L'Oreal charcoal face wash
Razor: Hone 15
Razor blade: Polsilver
Brush: LS Finest
Soap: Eufros Gea
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Dove sensitive aftershave balm

@Blademonkey

Firstly a big thank you to @Lann (a member on ATG) who completely out of the blue contacted me and offered to send me his Hone to try. Thank Paul you are a star.

OK what did I think of the Hone?
First off it's a beautiful looking razor. Second it's very heavy. More on that in a moment.
The shave was very smooth and not as mild as I was expecting. I had 5 days of growth so I thought the Hone might struggle but it coped admirably.
I struggled a little on my top lip but after a couple of passes I got there.

Back to the weight of the razor. I think it maybe too heavy for me. This was my first time using it so I'm sure it's something you can get used to.

A very satisfying and irritation free shave. Looking forward to the next shave already. Which can only be a good sign.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Thanks again to Paul for his generosity and trust. I really appreciate it.

Cheers
Rob
Nice one Rob, what did you think about the heat retention? I'm pleased it gave you a good shave. After a few shave's with it and I don't think the weight will be an issue. Didn't I tell you..... Fabulous razor, not only does it shave well it's got knock out looks, it didn't win an award for being just another razor, it imo is a fantastic peice of design.
I hope you get used to the weight, this is a razor you need to buy! :)
Top bloke for lending you the razor.

That's a pretty damned good description in my opinion! I think I will stick with the ham and pass on the rum, I'm not looking for overpowering.
I must have been suffering one of my senior moments when I clicked on the eucalyptus and menthol! I should have realised o would smell like Vick's vapo rub if I were to shave with it. It's just I was looking for cold! I was also going to get a margarita in the north pole or whatever it is called. Probably best I sit on my hands for a bit till sanity prevails.

Margaritas in the Arctic is an awesome scent. One of my favorite Stirlings. Probably three fourths of the soaps in my den are Stirling, but the Bay Rum was just one I didn't get along with.

Nice one Rob, what did you think about the heat retention? I'm pleased it gave you a good shave. After a few shave's with it and I don't think the weight will be an issue. Didn't I tell you..... Fabulous razor, not only does it shave well it's got knock out looks, it didn't win an award for being just another razor, it imo is a fantastic peice of design.
I hope you get used to the weight, this is a razor you need to buy! :)
Top bloke for lending you the razor.

The heat retention is a nice bonus. Very smooth shave with no drag.
It made a nice change to use a milder razor after my 'adventure' with the Blackbird.
I'm sure I'll get used to the weight too.

Would I buy one? Time will tell.

SOTD%20MAR%209%202017_zpsgt69xc0w.jpg

MONGOOSE/UFO :: MORRIS & FORNDRAN :: BARRISTER & MANN

08faabf87b486f8534e67947fb274f20.jpg

SOTD: 3/9/2017 - "I Could Get Used to This"

Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Brushguy "Noah" 3-band Silvertip
Soap: Soap Commander "Honor"
Razor: Hone Type 15a w/ Voskhod blade (2)

What an amazing way to upgrade my day! After a LONG day of meetings and flights, this was a welcome reprieve. The Tai Winds is a more citrusy Brut and paired beautifully with Honor. All smooth and ready for the rest of the day.

Be smooth and shave it up, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a pretty damned good description in my opinion! I think I will stick with the ham and pass on the rum, I'm not looking for overpowering.
I must have been suffering one of my senior moments when I clicked on the eucalyptus and menthol! I should have realised o would smell like Vick's vapo rub if I were to shave with it. It's just I was looking for cold! I was also going to get a margarita in the north pole or whatever it is called. Probably best I sit on my hands for a bit till sanity prevails.
The Proraso green may be a good place to start. Don't know about the croap, but the cream has a bit of a menthol flavour to it. Nothing that will take your breath away though.

Back
Top Bottom