S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th May 2016 to Friday 13th May 2016

friday 13/05/16: hot shower/ikon (oss 1st gen) standard sb + ikon se handle/perma-sharp (5)/vey custom shavemac 25/40 3/b fan/tobs coconut/hot&cold rinse/nivea asb/puig quorum

the slow burn ikon se handle provides textural relief for sliding, slipping, rolling, gripping and levering manipulative fingertips (given a user appreciation of longer shave handles) and 'sharpens-up' the shave no end... in some ways it surpasses the webber classic handle experience... praise indeed, ymmv

Last edited:
BBS-1 / Triad
M&F
EUFROS Rosa Bourbon
Creed Aventus Aftershave balm
Creed Aventus EdP
YVHHZtf.jpg

Frankie that's fabulous! What app do you use for the cropping and pasting? :D
Thanks @Robyflexx :) I use GIMP, a free and open-source graphics editor with similar functionality to Photoshop. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a go at image retouching or editing. Like Photoshop, there is a bit of a learning curve, but there are plenty of tutorials and YouTube videos available to get you going.

Thanks @Robyflexx :) I use GIMP, a free and open-source graphics editor with similar functionality to Photoshop. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a go at image retouching or editing. Like Photoshop, there is a bit of a learning curve, but there are plenty of tutorials and YouTube videos available to get you going.
Thank you for the helpful info Frankie, I'll look into it. :)

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Marshall Fields rebranded Simpsons best
'Statan'/Gillette Super Stainless NOS 1991
XPEC Original SC
no need for any after shave...
Givenchy 'Xeryus' EdT vintage black bottle

Shoo bee doo bee, this was one fun shave. Couple days worth of whiskers whacked without resistance while huffing a great scent as things went along.

BBS results,

Martin

Friday AM 2016-05-13

Helen Chen suribachi
Rooney 3/3 Ebony Finest (26mm/67mm)
Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (tallow)
Feather AS-D2/Delta Echo iKon Bamboo
Perma-Sharp Super (7)
Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave (vintage)

A great shave. I have used only one Perma-Sharp Super blade, but based on my experience with it for a week, I would rate it equal to the Super Iridium in sharpness, smoothness, and durability. However, I still prefer the vintage Wilkinson Light Brigades.
cDQzBJa.jpg

Pre: Bloom Water
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
A/S: English Leather
Balm: Nivea Men
Bloody cracking shave chaps! Fantastic performance but I'm not convinced on the scent yet but I'll give it another go.IMG_3363.JPG

Back
Top Bottom