S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th May 2016 to Friday 13th May 2016

fJsJyA7.jpg

Simpson Duke 3 Best / D.R. Harris - Arlington / Merkur 34C HD / Polsilver SI / Clubman Pinaud

Not much left of your Terre D'Hermes Dick. Will you be getting a replacement bottle when it's gone?
Greetings Ross

It's sad isn't it, I think I will, it is one of my all time favourites. I keep watching allbeauty.com for when it's reduced, poor old pensioners can't afford to pay 'full whack'! :D I bought this one from Gatwick airport thinking I had saved money only to find it cheaper on just about all of the on line sites, I think the days of airport bargains are long gone.

Regards
Dick.

Soap: 1912 Imperial Trevor - Wickham Soap Co.
Brush: Custom Rubberset Boar
Razor: Gillette Rocket Red Tip
AS: English Leather - Dana

I have finally achieved a good Imperial Leather tribute soap and it's woo hoo good!
I seriously cannot wait for 1912. It will be one of two non vintage soaps I use!

Reactions: Fox
TOBS Grapefruit
Vie-Long horsehair brush
Modified Gillette New SC
NOS Gillette blade
Alum
Lucky Tiger
Fine Snake Bite AS
Happy Friday!
I picked up this modified SC as part of a lot. One of the combs had been removed. It actually gave me a great shave.
1fc3c851f94112a1853aa5abfbac2830.jpg

b4c6cbe9caef5c5ac9516f69392c5298.jpg
Greetings

How interesting, my only concern is that the person who modified it is now probably serving 'time' having been convicted under Sect. 1 Cruelty to New's Act 1939. He could have chosen a razor that doesn't bloody shave, instead of the one DE that shaves the best of all (IMHO)! :D
Regards
Dick.

Greetings Ross

It's sad isn't it, I think I will, it is one of my all time favourites. I keep watching allbeauty.com for when it's reduced, poor old pensioners can't afford to pay 'full whack'! :D I bought this one from Gatwick airport thinking I had saved money only to find it cheaper on just about all of the on line sites, I think the days of airport bargains are long gone.

Regards
Dick.
I hear that Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche is a fresher & brighter version of the original. Haven't tried it myself but I am definitely going to sample it when I can.

Greetings

How interesting, my only concern is that the person who modified it is now probably serving 'time' having been convicted under Sect. 1 Cruelty to New's Act 1939. He could have chosen a razor that doesn't bloody shave, instead of the one DE that shaves the best of all (IMHO)! :D
Regards
Dick.

It is sad to see an old classic hacked up like this, but I have to say it does shave well.
Perhaps the offender did this on purpose in hopes of getting caught and getting to use the elusive "Psycho" razor[emoji1]

Back
Top Bottom