S.O.T.D. Saturday 7th May 2016 to Friday 13th May 2016

Saturday 7 May 2016

236175d1462620038-sun-may-01st-sat-may-07th-sotd-07052016.jpg

Shaving in Blue

In this sunny spring day I felt like shaving with products having something blue. My pre-shave oil - with its blue glass bottle - Nivea shaving cream with a blue tube and then Mennen Blue aftershave. The only two exceptions were the stellar Mastro Livi carbon Damascus straight razor and the glorious Omega 48 professional brush. I have to tell I like the Mennen Blue aftershave quite a lot, maybe I like it more than Mennen Skin Bracer, although I like both. As for the shave, it was impeccable, smooth and velvety thanks to this awesome razor having an extra full hollow grinding with a superb cutting edge, giving a very close shave. Impeccable and magnificent BBS!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Nivea Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Omega 48 Professional
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Carbon Damascus "100 Layers", 13/16 Extra Hollow, Square Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Mennen Blue

DSC_0287_zpsrq2r0i1y.jpg

DSC_0288_zpsmnfs5psr.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Argan Oil
Crown & Sword Solingen 7/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Blue Soap Sheep Tallow
Thayers Witch Hazel

I had My Maiden Shave today with my ERN Crown & Sword Solingen 7/8th..One WTG & One ATG Pass & Dolphin Smooth..Got this Goats Milk & Sheep Tallow Soap from China & I like it a Lot..Kinda Smells like the Milky Bar Kid White Chocolate Bar..:D

Billy

70 (90 was planned but a horrffic head wind put paid tot that!) mile bike, followed by shower:
@Fergiebilly 's Chinese Soap
RazorRock Barber Plissoft
Some Eveready single Edge Contraption from the pass around
GEM
Old Spice AS
Melizia Uomo Vetyver

One outing is enough to decide I was not overly impressed with the Eveready. The angle of attack, for me, is just too difficult to maintain. Shaving under my snoz was a pain in the ass, ATG on the neck, again difficult to maintain the angle. Grabbed my PAL adjustable to finish the shave for a DF result.

Oh Billys chinese soap is VERY impressive indeed. Very mild scent, but really very good performance....

Happy saturday folks and thanks to @alancrab for the pass around ;)

70 (90 was planned but a horrffic head wind put paid tot that!) mile bike, followed by shower:
@Fergiebilly 's Chinese Soap
RazorRock Barber Plissoft
Some Eveready single Edge Contraption from the pass around
GEM
Old Spice AS
Melizia Uomo Vetyver

One outing is enough to decide I was not overly impressed with the Eveready. The angle of attack, for me, is just too difficult to maintain. Shaving under my snoz was a pain in the ass, ATG on the neck, again difficult to maintain the angle. Grabbed my PAL adjustable to finish the shave for a DF result.

Oh Billys chinese soap is VERY impressive indeed. Very mild scent, but really very good performance....

Happy saturday folks and thanks to @alancrab for the pass around ;)
DSC_0280_zpskbghf67l.jpg
Blue Brand Goats Milk Tallow Soap from China..Here's Lookin at You Kid..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom