S.O.T.D. Saturday 8th October - Friday 14th October 2016

Wed 12th Oct

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Merkur Futur
Personna Lab Blue [ 2 ]
Myrsol Antesol A/S Lotion

Used this Razor a lot in the early days of my return to DE shaving , learnt after some mishaps
to let the weight of it [124g] do the work,so a light touch is also required. Today ,after getting the
the Shave Angle right the shave was effortless and smooth. I think to an extent that learning to shave with this razor , has made my move into SE/Injector Shaving much easier.

Recent shaves have been so good that I am often dispensing with my usual Alum Rub/Rinse off, this makes the application of an A/S splash seem more invigorating.

View attachment 21254
I've got to say that after dropping the alum, my skin feels a bit better...less tight. Maybe witch hazel and a/s is the way to go for me...

Hot Towel, Phoenix & Beau Star Noir, Cadman 26mm Silvertip, Muhle R41RG, Astra SS (1)

Wow, what a shave. Closer than close and a scent that is mesmerising. So much so, it catapults to the #1 position in my scent preference chart.

View attachment 21253
I've just received my first pot of Star Noir...it will have to be my SOTD later this evening...and I have a ceramic pot for it too! If it's as good as you say (and I've never been disappointed by P&B) then I should be in for a treat;):)

Wednesday 12th
Zenith Synthetic
OSP Fougere
GEM/Ever Ready Push button
GEM SSC #1
Alum > Boots Bay Rum
Neutrogena Comfort Balm
Al Rehab - Al Fares EDP
IMG_20161012_104836.jpg

Just like the 2 'Natural Angle' razors (Featherweight and Heavy Flat Top), the Push Button is great for 'breaking in' new blades.

Great Shaves everyone!

Last edited:
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Weber ARC
Blade – BIC Chrome Platinum
Brush - 'Papa Chub' (Chubby 3 Manchurian)
Soap – Sir Hare Artisan Drunken Sailor
Post - Witch Hazel, Jojoba oil.

from the moment that I pressed the Sir Hare Artisan soap into the dish, I had high expectations for it... so much so, that I chose 'Papa Chub' to do the honours.. and it did not disappoint. A wonderful shave, great post shave feel, and no irritation... result!!

This may sound like a daft question, but you do rinse your face after using the alum don't you?
Absolutely. After the last rinse, post 3rd pass, I leave my face wet with cold water, wet the block and gently rub over the face. I usually leave it on long enough to rinse my brush, razor and tidy up. Then I rinse off with cold water.

There's no such thing as a daft question...it's my answers that can be, however

Absolutely. After the last rinse, post 3rd pass, I leave my face wet with cold water, wet the block and gently rub over the face. I usually leave it on long enough to rinse my brush, razor and tidy up. Then I rinse off with cold water.

Certainly not a daft answer, Scotty!...I often use alum (I've referred to it as my Geiger counter, because it helps me test for potential burn etc) but not really noticed the 'tightness' you mentioned. OR...perhaps what you feel as tightness, I actually like as a post-shave feel...either way, try a little Trumper's skin food...marvellous stuff to follow any shave!;):)

Quote:...There's no such thing as a daft question...it's my answers that can be, however..you sound just like myself..and a few other people.;)

Back
Top Bottom