S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th June to Friday 14th June 2013 ...

S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th JuneMay to Friday 14th June 2013 ...

Prep: Hot Shower and Hot Towel
Razor: Muhle R41 (2011 Model)
Brush: TOBS Silvertip Badger
Soap: TOBS Coconut Cream
Cologne: Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime

Shaving away from home is always a bit different but as I'm away for the weekend in a wooden lodge in the Scottish Highlands it is even more surreal. I even went to extreme and boiled some water from the stream out the back of the lodge for a shave. A bit rugged mountain man sounding I know but a very pleasant experience and a very good shave all round.

Cameron

RE: S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th JuneMay to Friday 14th June 2013 ...

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, green
New Forest Tubby 1, Nanny's soft soap, tea tree and aloe vera
Weber polished, Personna Red (1)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave soother

Shave of the gods!

My first post in here.
Prep: Hot Towel
Razor: Merkur 34G HD
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Vulfix 404
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Aftershave: Superdrug Forest Fresh
A/S Balm: Gillette

My best shave yet, not quite BBS but damn close. Not irritation, nicks or weepers. Really liking the Astra SP's, I was going to try a feather today but decided to see how many shaves I can get out of an SP.
Long clean up after though as I knocked my tub of cream off the side onto the floor and the lid wasn't on properly. :mad:

Today's Shave

Gillette Red Tip
Feather Blade
TOBS Sandalwood
Kent BK4 Brush
Geo.F.trumper Sandalwood SkinFood

Nice relaxing shave, BSS WTG :)

Shower
34C, Lord Platinum blade
Omega 20102
Col Conk Bayrum soap Face lathered
3 pass + Alum
Phat Farm Atman AS Balm

Forgot to use the glycerin soap. Can notice the difference!
End results good :cool:

3p Pre
Floris Elite Cream
Vie-Long Mixed
Merkur 33c
Silver Star Blade
Witch Hazel Gel.

Very nice all round.

SOTD6-8-2013post_zps0d35814c.png

Evening, everybody.

Saturday:

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Yuma, shimmed
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Vulfix Grosvenor Bodger
Shave soap: Palmolive sticks in a tub
A/S: Adidas Blue Challenge
Cologne: Al Rehab, Silver

Good, close shave. The cologne is supposed to smell like Creed's Silver Mountain Water but I've never smelled SMW so I don't know. In its own right, it's a fresh citrus that turns into a floral and is just right for a hot day.

Tonight:

Planet Rock

Hot shower, bulldog facial wash
Ever Ready 1912, Gem blade (1)
T&H no. 10 cream, face lathered with New Forest brush

first ever SE shave for me with this recent purchase - and a most enjoyable experience it was too!
I was careful to really take my time and be careful with the angle - I felt a real sense that the integrity of my skin was in real peril if I were to become hasty with a stroke :s
There's much more audible feedback with the SE than with my DEs, and the blade felt very sharp indeed.
I managed to finish a slow three pass shave with only two tiny weepers, no irritation and a close enough result. A pass over the coupon with the alum block didn't cause too much discomfort, nor did the Old Spice Sensitive splash I applied afterwards.

Happy Face!

Re: S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th JuneMay to Friday 14th June 2013 ...

T&H shaving cream
Henk walnut silvertip
Progress 2, 1 with Schick Ultra Platinum (4)
Boots Freshwood a/s

Very nice. BBS despite this being the fourth super-close shave and kept in the humid bathroom between shaves.

Greetings

Sunday 9th June 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Star 1912
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Cream: RSC
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A great shave.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04413.JPG

S.O.T.D. Saturday 9th JuneMay to Friday 14th June 2013 ...

Bugger. I wanted to enjoy this shave.

Prep: Hot shower, face scrub.
Brush: Omega 10065
Cream: Bodyshop Maca Root- face lathered.
Razor: Barber Blades shavette (can you guess why I didn't enjoy it yet) Old type copy
Blade: Rapira super stainless in the shavette, lord super chrome in the old type.

All was going well. The Maca root lathered up beautifully, with plenty left for about 3 more passes. My face was nice and lubricated (although the lather seemed thicker on the right hand side of my face, I feel I need to add a bit more water with the shavette) and I'd completed 4 5ths of my face. Sideburns, cheeks, neck and moustache area were all nice and shaved WTG with the shavette. So we get to the bottom lip. Starts off well, the little middle patch is shaved off nicely, so I move slightly to the right....

That's when it happened. Mr Shavette decided to bite a big flap into my face. I pulled away in horror, and watched as it started to fill with blood. I threw the shavette in anger, and decided I can't leave my face like this. Substitutes made, and the old type copy comes onto the field of play. While holding tissue to my new mouth I tidy up around the chin area (quite well actually, pretty smooth now), and decide I won't go for a second pass amid the chaos.

Still holding the tissue to my face I one handedly apply the balm to the rest of my face, and remove the tissue to inspect the damage. Pretty much the whole length of the blade sunk its teeth into my chin :(.

Bugger. Just when I spoke yesterday about not using or needing my alum block anymore, this happens. The bleeding has stopped now, and I won't trust that straight imitation for a fair old while. I'm sorry, DEs, I didn't mean to pass you over, I won't do that again. You won't bite me, will you.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Rod Neep custom in Desert Ironwood
Razor: Edv. Neiström no 2
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS/edt: 4711
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

A mighty fine shave with great little razor, excellent blade, combines the best Swedish steel with the best type of delicate German hollow ground : D

... just like this fellow in our garden, I've been a busy bee and honing two lovely wedgy Sheffield blades this morning

Gingerpose said:
Is there a new month in the calendar now?:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

:blush: I was notified yesterday, but then I only changed another error (that I thought was the only one) :blush:

Prep face wash L'Occitane sandalwood soap
Razor Japanese Gold Rex full hollow 13/16
Strop Kanayama cordovan #8000
Brush Morris & Forndran L7 in faux tortoiseshell
Cella creme da barba
Alum & Thayers rose and aloe vera toner
Kiehl's aftershave balm
Kiehl's original musk No1 Edt.

First shave for this razor, I took her back to the Naniwa 1K then through my progression, then finished on the 12K onto my pasted bench strop, then finally onto linen and leather, another smooth Japanese shaver to add to my stable.

Saturday night

Gillette face wash
Proraso pre
TOBS sandalwood soap
NewForest 1901
Merkur progress @3
Astra green (1)
Alum/witch hazel gel
Proraso as
Sex pistols EDT

Good shave, not tried the Astra green before seems very smilar to the blue and just as good a result

Back
Top Bottom