:heart:

Saturday xx July, 2013

Pre: Shower, Dove Men+Care Sensitive Face Wash
Prep: Cold water splash
Brush: Neep Custom '67 threepenny bit
Soap: The Chap Old Colonial
Razor: Merkur Digress HD
Blade: Personna Med Prep #3

Result: The Digress is the one for me. I consistently get the closest, most comfortable shave with it, no question now. I've been using it for a week and it will be my regular razor.
Saturday mornings are great. I'm an early riser anyway, so I can have a lovely relaxed shave, then a cup of strong assam in peace before the madness of family life begins.

Have a great day, gents.

Jon

Saturday:

RozoRock Third Eye
Semogue 2012 SE
#15 Aristocrat
Voskhod
Witch Hazel
Blue Stratos AS
James Bronnley EdT

Really nice shave, great lather from the RazoRock and the 2012 SE. Now off down to Nottingham for a friend's birthday BBQ, nice!

Bulldog for men facewash.
New Forest super badger shaving brush.
Proraso sensitive shaving soap (old formulation).
Muhle R89 with Personna red #3.
James Bronnley for men AS.
James Bronnley for men EDT.

Love the James Bronnley in this hot weather, clean and fresh scent, classic and at a bargain price too.

Short comb New
Rainbow super stainless (2)
Henk walnut silvertip
Tabac stick (almost no smell left - hooray! )
Superdrug Sierran Breeze

Very good indeed. Surprised to find I get partial bbs with these blades in this razor

This morning:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Cadman & Sons Bengal, 6/8", restored by UKRob
Brush: Neep #1287 cobalt blue tulip horsehair
Cream: Trumper's Sandalwood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood

A lovely quick two-passer. Very satisfying.

Hello friends.

Here's proof that the affordable luxury exist! Jabonman Violets soap packaged in my mini oval cocotte is a delight for the senses. Right from the time of uncover and take it in hand to load the brush, I was reveling. The brush, what can I say about the brush! With that spectacular handle ! What colors! What proportions! Master Canica is an artist! And the hair, that humble Frank Shaving knot! How well behave! What a fantastic purchase I made! We will not find out now the eighth wonder of the world of shaving, UFO handles! But is that the aluminum bronze has a dark golden color who everyone would love! What the knurled texture, what a delight. What a good marriage with the Fatip golden head. What good performance with Russian super iridium blades! What a great shave! And of Myrsol Formula C, what we can say! That with the aroma of violets, I felt in love from day one. Before getting into the shower, I placed it, not in the fridge, no. I placed it in the freezer, and after 20 or 30 minutes, the application has been spectacular. Even in the arms and chest! See how the bottle sweats still in the picture, and it had been a long time after!

Yes friends, yes. The affordable luxury exist! I certify! Have a great weekend, guys!

20130720.jpg

I had a cartridge shave today:

Gillette Contour with NOS "Made in England" Wilkinson Sword Profile cartridge
Omega boar brush
Palmolive shaving stick
Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm

[attachment=7941][attachment=7942]First actual use of the vintage Simpson Made expressively for Abraham & Strauss
Along with the 7/8 Bengall, I decided a full on Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet Shave complete with Cream, Aftershave splash, and EDT.

Attachments

• a&ssimpsonvintage.jpg
    a&ssimpsonvintage.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 42
  • mefishercampaign.jpg
    mefishercampaign.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 42
Saturday 07-20-13. MUSIC: Robert Johnson - The Complete Recordings.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HleLTn60BxE[/video]

b54329ac-c8d9-4e72-90d8-08c7c46d33a1.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Chubby 1 best badger - Feather all stainless - Israeli Personna #7 - Pre JASÖN - Shaving soap Cella - Alum block - Thayers Lemon - ASB Sul filo del rasoio - ASL Myrsol Agua de Limón.

Saturday 20th July

3pt1.jpg

Warm shower
Hot flannel
Sir Irisch moos cream scuttle lathered
Simpson Colonel best badger brush
Gillette 1920 single ring 'old type'
Sputnik (3)
Cold rinse
Witch hazel
Sir Irisch moos aftershave balsam

Another fine comfortable shave from the Single ring and Sputnik combination. A different razor and blade is set up for tomorrows shave.
Today the weather is cooler and much more comfortable the past week has been overbearing by late afternoon.

Brian

Hot flannel
Proraso pre, menthol
New Forest 1901, Nanny's hard soap, Cedarwood & Vetyver
Merkur Progress (#2), Personna Lab Blue (2)
Cold splash, alum block
Clinique post-shave healer

Comfortable and smooth

SATURDAY MORNING

Prep: Cold rinse
Soap: Myrurgia stick - face lathered
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 butterscotch in best
Razor: Kai Excelia kamisori
Blade: Captain Kai Mild (1)

Couple of nickettes, but not bad considering the last time I had a go with a blade like this it looked like Sweeney Todd had been practising on me.

Back
Top Bottom